Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Files

My game broke a couple of patches ago and I've been trying to rebuild, but I'm getting discouraged and overwhelmed. My old neighborhood had 100% custom lots with lots of personalized homes and businesses for my sims. It was years in the making and it's going to take forever to rebuild that and I just want to play. I just finished redoing Henford-on-Bagley and I have no interest on doing any other world.

Can you point to save files that have houses and sims with stories? I own everything. I, personally, don't like maxis homes so it has to be custom homes and businesses.

Comments

• Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited August 2021
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    LilSimsie has a save file on her blog. I think it's only updated to Eco Living though, so it might not be what you want.

What’s included?

50 brand new lots
    Renovated versions of every EA community lot
    Renovated versions of the worst of the EA houses (the iconic ones remain!)
    78 new families (all with skills, careers, relationships, & stories)
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    Have you already had a look on this list of save files?
    https://www.thegamer.com/sims-4-custom-save-files-replace-ea-default/
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Thanks for these! I think I'll give lileimsie's a try since she includes families and history.

• Options
    ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    @Mstybl95 , take a look in DevonBumpink's save files, there's almost one for each world. The strangerville one is gorgeous and have many intersting backgrounds and storylines! The link for them can be found in the description of each video in YouTube.
  • Options
    Elisetom wrote: »
    @Mstybl95 , take a look in DevonBumpink's save files, there's almost one for each world. The strangerville one is gorgeous and have many intersting backgrounds and storylines! The link for them can be found in the description of each video in YouTube.

Does he do one where they are all merged into one big world that has been completed or are they always separate? Only asking because I can't find his site or anything other than some youtube videos.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I believe SweetieWright's Save file is also very popular and well done:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/963759/sweetiewrights-save-file/p10
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll give that one a try.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I would just restore previous version
  • Options
    I wish that was an option. I tried and I think corrupted all of the different files trying to fix it. The problem I had was some of my lots wouldn't load. It would look like it was loading and then be back at the world selection screen. And I would also get an error code. It happened right after the may or June patch.
  • Options
    ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    @Mstybl95 , sorry for the waiting, I'm having a busy week at work!

I think that unfortunately there isn't a merged save file... but you can get each save file in the related video, e.g., the strangerville one that I mentioned can be grabed here: https://youtu.be/9BW2ribNdQk

The archives are in a Google drive link, in the video description! You can have an overwiew of the contents in the video prior to download, to see if you like i

I hope you enjoy it and have a nice time!
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I have two save files, one populated and one unpopulated. MiraculousGem's save file is pretty good as well. It's not updated to Cottage Living though. You can find that one here.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    XethraXethra Posts: 37 Member
    Well I have a project that I've just started on that might be what you're looking for. The first save should be done shortly. No pledge needed. https://www.patreon.com/pocketstories

Or check out my gallery pocketsim or the hastag #pocketstories for more information.

I'm working on creating deep rich stories in safe files that are still open ended.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited September 2021
    Here's one for Brindleton Bay. Public access on 9/30.

Post edited by simgirl1010 on