Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pub Owner glitch? Henford-on-Bagley

Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

WARNING!!! If you play any characters, they lose their "villager" "npc" "plot" status.

I have found shortly after playing Sara Scott, that she loses her "Pub Owner" status. After playing the household, I suspect it does not allow her or anyone to be the pub owner anymore. I tried many times to have her regain it. Even used the code "traits.equip_trait traits_hidden_cottageworld_npc_pubowner". After many many attempts, it was futile. She, and even Simon who I used the code on a couple times, would temporarily be a "Pub Owner" and autonomously do the stuff for that role. However, there was always a new one that spawned. Many randomly spawned households of usually 2 have been deleted by me during this.

I figured maybe I could make a custom one like a maid, or nanny, or handyman, butler, etc...
I did make a guy, "Maurice McNally". However, even immediately releasing him to off-world not-played, it did not work either. He still has the 'flag' of being a pub owner, but new ones kept spawning at the pub as the actual "owner" no matter how fast I kept deleting them.

So I finally settled on one. VERY VERY careful not to get that one into "played" mode. she's quite awesome actually. I did modify her outfits to be consistent.

"Clara O'Mally" (That was the random name, and it fits her look!)
I changed her 3 traits from "Paranoid, Slob, Child of the ocean" to "Cheerful, Outgoing, Goofball".

Clara O'Malley is a keeper! B)<3:*

8qa9Lkx.png

fxDLPSi.png

CiNUxk5.png

JJ8HHik.png

fxDLPSi.png

BX1jLg1.png

Here is Maurice McNally (He would have been fun too) :)

99bpixl.png
Reticulating Splines...
9ODVlJh.png

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    I accidentally kicked Sara Scott out of her boots too and its sad

wish theyd make it possible for players to assign all npcs themselves in manage worlds it'd solve many annoyances
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2021
    I did it too, by accident and had the same problem, there was no way to reset it. I found in my test save you can add her family to the my households tab with the 💙 and she will remain at the pub and be protected from culling just in case she isn’t by default as long as you leave their household unplayed, but sadly if you try to play their story it wrecks their pub ownership status for good.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I accidentally kicked Sara Scott out of her boots too and its sad

wish theyd make it possible for players to assign all npcs themselves in manage worlds it'd solve many annoyances

I agree, this would be great. It could be a feature in household management where you could assign roles to either NPCs or played sims.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2021
    I will be playing all the Henford-on Bagley premades at some point so I guess it seems that Sara does not have a long future as a pub owner in my game. It's a shame really, I think it would of been so nice to keep the pub owned and passed down generations as a family business.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I will be playing all the Henford-on Bagley premades at some point so I guess it seems that Sara does not have a long future as a pub owner in my game. It's a shame really, I think it would of been so nice to keep the pub owned and passed down generations as a family business.

Another way they could solve this is to make bars and cafés be able to be owned alongside restaurants and have it so we can have our played sims work in those venues as owner/operators.
  • Options

Another way they could solve this is to make bars and cafés be able to be owned alongside restaurants and have it so we can have our played sims work in those venues as owner/operators.

There is a mod: "Live in business", including setting a residential on the main venue type with the "Live-in Bar" lot trait. I tried this afterwards and had Sara and Simon live in Gnome's Arms. But a random generated NPC kept spawning as the "Pub Owner" overriding Sara Scott no matter how many times I deleted the random generated persons. I didn't save that test. Just deleted it since it proved futile. :(
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options

What I kinda understand but also don't understand is why it's programmed this way. I mean for example, in "Strangerville" you can have a played 'Military Personnel', 'Scientist', 'Conspiracy Theorist', even 'Secret Agent', that while not playing them still function for the story plot roles while in NPC mode.

What I mean by 'kinda understand' is that the NPC villagers are probably not supposed to be played. However, I don't think it would break the game if they could be played without losing their NPC villager status (hidden trait).
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I actually saw Sara Scott lose her position as Pub Owner in one of the Game Changer's video (and I did post it on here to warn folk).

I decided to play the Scott family anyway and quickly regretted it....because they now have triplets!
  • Options
    RickycanajaRickycanaja Posts: 6 New Member
    I can't build a working restaurant in Henford-on-Bagley I create it and, then, when I want to visit it with my sim, the game tells me that "the meeting is incomplete" then I go back to "build" mode and not nothing is missing !!! I've tried a lot in every neighborhood within Henford-on-Bagley, the restaurants never work. I have all the packs, expansions, games, kits, I have it all, it's the first time I can't build a restaurant in a world. Can anyone help me please?
  • Options
    I can't build a working restaurant in Henford-on-Bagley I create it and, then, when I want to visit it with my sim, the game tells me that "the meeting is incomplete" then I go back to "build" mode and not nothing is missing !!! I've tried a lot in every neighborhood within Henford-on-Bagley, the restaurants never work. I have all the packs, expansions, games, kits, I have it all, it's the first time I can't build a restaurant in a world. Can anyone help me please?

Good question.
    Where did you place the restaurant?
    My guess is if you change the venue of the pub, it may mess it up. It seems to be "hard-coded" into the world.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top