Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Quick Meal" Option ?

Was anyone able to make cereal or quick meal option while simple living lot challenge was on? My sim was off to school so I figured she only needed something quick and didn't have time to cook but when I went to look for it I couldn't find that option. I wouldn't mind buying cereal and such but its so weird the option not being there.

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Was anyone able to make cereal or quick meal option while simple living lot challenge was on? My sim was off to school so I figured she only needed something quick and didn't have time to cook but when I went to look for it I couldn't find that option. I wouldn't mind buying cereal and such but its so weird the option not being there.

Quick meals defy the point of the lot trait. The whole idea is to need ingredients. Quick meals don't have ingredients.

Batch cook a few breakfast meals or baked good like bagels etc for quick breakfast leftovers.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Quick meals defy the point of the lot trait. The whole idea is to need ingredients. Quick meals don't have ingredients.

Batch cook a few breakfast meals or baked good like bagels etc for quick breakfast leftovers.

This is true. But if you click a microwave with the lot challenge on it still allows you to cook pizza pockets and such so I was just wondering if they missed the microwave all together or if they missed the quick meal.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2021

This is true. But if you click a microwave with the lot challenge on it still allows you to cook pizza pockets and such so I was just wondering if they missed the microwave all together or if they missed the quick meal.

Now that is an interesting point. Why are some quick meals that don’t require ingredients allowed but not others? So any quick meals you can fix by clicking on a microwave or something work but not if you can only get the meal from just the fridge it seems.

I noticed I wasn’t even able to have my Sim grab an orange juice because of this lot trait.

I wonder if it’s the same effect on the mini fridge.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    For Off-The-Grid/Simple Living lot cooler from Outdoor Retreat have all quick meal options for no fee. Since it was mentioned about the microwave too. I'm pretty sure they've just forget about fridge option.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    For Off-The-Grid/Simple Living lot cooler from Outdoor Retreat have all quick meal options for no fee. Since it was mentioned about the microwave too. I'm pretty sure they've just forget about fridge option.

More likely, it's the other way around. The fridge, the microwave, and the cooler all have no-cost quick meals enabled by default. For the simple living trait they would need to turn that option off. They remembered to do it for the fridge, but forgot about the cooler and the microwave.

They'll probably fix it (turn it off for cooler and microwave) in some later patch.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I also noticed that you can feed toddlers in the high chair with their special meals (cereal, applesauce, ham sandwich etc) even with the Simple Living challenge turned on. Technically I think you should only be able to give them food from your sim's inventory. I am guessing they forgot about the high chair as well, or else they didn't want any starving toddlers. To tell the truth, I was actually relieved by this because I had moved my family into their Simple Living House in Cottage Living late at night and they were all really hungry. However, at least they could feed their toddler and put her to bed, before ordering their groceries and Zoomer's delivery.
  • Options
    angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    I also noticed if you buy the ice chest you can get all the meal options with thr lot trait
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

This is likely an oversight.