Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Is this pack not being released at midnight, unlike the previous expansion packs?
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    mine says i can download it at noon tomorrow my time.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,392 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I have no idea when the EP will be out exactly in Finland. I guess not in the midnight. It's nerve wrecking to wait when I don't even know how long.

I'm in the same time zone, and Origin says 20:00. You can check on the website.
    Thank you. :)
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Did anybody else not get the bonus content with the patch yesterday might order still says processing so I'm not sure if that's the issue.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 716 Member
    edited July 2021
    Can we bundle new EPs ? I haven't played in a while and have yet to purchase Dream Home Decorator and Paranormal packs. It'd be nice to get them all together.
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    Did anybody else not get the bonus content with the patch yesterday might order still says processing so I'm not sure if that's the issue.

I never received the bonus stuff. Funny they processed the money , but not my order. :D

It will be 3am on the 23rd of July when Australia gets the download.. We do not get anything early.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    Is this pack not being released at midnight, unlike the previous expansion packs?

I'm pretty sure I saw EA informing that this pack will *not* be released on midnight, but later in the day. Might have been posted on this board somewhere, but like others said, your local time should be stated on the Origin site.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    It doesn't matter where you are in the world this is when you will be able to download CL.

https://simscommunity.info/2021/07/14/countdown-to-the-release-of-the-sims-4-cottage-living/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    lori171957 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter where you are in the world this is when you will be able to download CL.

https://simscommunity.info/2021/07/14/countdown-to-the-release-of-the-sims-4-cottage-living/

So, about 6pm tomorrow for the UK. Nicely after work and tea :)

I am very excited, as I got my code off CD Keys today, so I'm all ready to go. I thought I'd have to wait for it.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member

I am very excited, as I got my code off CD Keys today, so I'm all ready to go. I thought I'd have to wait for it.

Did you get your bonus content? I got my code too, and it's all unlocked in Origin and everything, but no bonus content. :| I suppose it's possible might not get it till tomorrow when the pack is fully avaliable.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,209 Member
    @Haflinger I think only when preordered through Origin and/or participating vendors. I ordered from EB Games in Canada and it includes the bonus content according to their website.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Ugh. This wait is the worst! I wish it were a midnight release. 😩
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited July 2021
    I haven't seen new EPs as a bundle. Keep a look out for when they do decide to include it in a bundle.
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Can we bundle new EPs ? I haven't played in a while and have yet to purchase Dream Home Decorator and Paranormal packs. It'd be nice to get them all together.

1 day for some but 2 days for me. It is Wednesday and I'll be purchasing it on Friday.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Does anyone know why it wasn't?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member

I'm wondering if it's to stop people from using VPNs to download the packs early, though I can't imagine why they'd care about that.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

@elanorbreton 6pm is too late for me (I prefer simming in daytime). I'll hold off so you can tell me all about the bugs! :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    If you haven't had your bonus content or the full patch try signing out and quitting Origin and then starting it again.

I found my pack hadn't downloaded and found this started it properly in spite of just being told to Refresh the page.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    If you haven't had your bonus content or the full patch try signing out and quitting Origin and then starting it again.

I found my pack hadn't downloaded and found this started it properly in spite of just being told to Refresh the page.

I tried that, it didn't work. I don't know why preorder is so hard. I pay then they put it in my packs to be downloaded upon release. But no, it is still telling me to preorder. :D
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It used to be fun opening up the game at midnight to check out what's new for an hour before I hit the sack. But no midnight release this time? Eh I guess I'll just go to sleep like a responsible person.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited July 2021
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    It used to be fun opening up the game at midnight to check out what's new for an hour before I hit the sack. But no midnight release this time? Eh I guess I'll just go to sleep like a responsible person.

When I used to pre-order from Origin, the game would be available the day before the release date at 9 pm. Haven't pre-ordered in awhile because I always ended up staying up way to late. :#
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    BarbiekillTVBarbiekillTV Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys!
    What time will the expansion be available for download?
  • Options

I'm wondering if it's to stop people from using VPNs to download the packs early, though I can't imagine why they'd care about that.
    Especially if you purchased it and its just giving it to you earlier.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Hi guys!
    What time will the expansion be available for download?
    10AM tomorrow in Pacific time.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    BarbiekillTVBarbiekillTV Posts: 2 New Member
    > @pepperjax1230 said:
    > 10AM tomorrow in Pacific time.

Oh no! I'm from Brazil, it will only be here at 3 pm :((((((((((((((((((((((
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    A little bummed I won't be able to get the pack until the 30th. If it hasn't been done already, I hope someone starts a screenshot thread so I can see all the awesomeness of Cottage Living until I can play it.
    WbUrFQm.png