Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread πŸ“

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Monet11 wrote: Β»
    I have already decided that Rahmi will move to San Myshuno and take the kids with her. Cecilia and Thomas might make a good match. I don't want to wait 2 more weeks. I am super excited and ready to play this pack!

Oh, but maybe you should leave the son with his dad, because he apparently loves the farm, while the girls do not.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Can I suggest? Please include water buffalo which produces milk that can be cooked and turned into cottage cheese.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The wallpapers and flooring that come with this pack can be used to build some nice cabins inside. It screams cabins.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    The elderly gay couple is adorable and I will protect them with my life.

I really, really like them, too, and I'm struggling with the fact that I really need to evict all of the premades. Usually when I do that with sims, they still hang around the world's community lots, but I may need to also tweak their outfits in CAS and have them quickly make friends with my sims, just to make absolutely certain they're not culled.

You can move them into "My Households" and keep them unplayed, and that will protect them from culling as long as you aren't over the limit you have set. You can always increase the limit if you need to.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    CoffeegenuisCoffeegenuis Posts: 1 New Member
    Super excited for cottage living looking forward to make ponds
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    The Creature Keeper reminds me of a Hobbit. I wonder if the person who created him took inspiration from The Lord of the Rings.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hearts4u wrote: Β»
    The Creature Keeper reminds me of a Hobbit. I wonder if the person who created him took inspiration from The Lord of the Rings.

I'm not gonna lie, one of the first things I'm going to do is change his height with a height slider mod so he looks like a hobbit.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @logion And then have him successfully romance his crush who wasn't feelin' it, that'd be even better.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options

I really, really like them, too, and I'm struggling with the fact that I really need to evict all of the premades. Usually when I do that with sims, they still hang around the world's community lots, but I may need to also tweak their outfits in CAS and have them quickly make friends with my sims, just to make absolutely certain they're not culled.

You can move them into "My Households" and keep them unplayed, and that will protect them from culling as long as you aren't over the limit you have set. You can always increase the limit if you need to.

Yes, that's what I often do, and what I was planning to do with them. My point was that that's usually sufficient, but that I like them so much I may take a few extra precautions to be absolutely certain they aren't culled. It seems like the more interactions you have with unplayed sims, the less likely they are to be culled.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    logion wrote: Β»

I'm not gonna lie, one of the first things I'm going to do is change his height with a height slider mod so he looks like a hobbit.

Stealing this straight away! That was an great idea.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Also, turn off aging for unplayed sims or they'll eventually die, even though protected from culling.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: Β»

Also, turn off aging for unplayed sims or they'll eventually die, even though protected from culling.

Oh, I have aging off for everyone, always. Since TS2. :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    When I finally get Cottage Living, I'm going to put my Hobbit Cottage in one of the 30X20 lots, my Sleeping Beauty Cottage will put on the 40X30 lot, my Over-the-Rainbow Farm will be put on one of the 50X40 lots & my Little House/Green Gables Farm will probably go on the other 50X40 lot. It's very exciting. :p
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

They did!🀭 I remember simgurugeorge posting something related to the lord of the rings. I was posting about how it could be a hint to something related to the lord of the rings! And everybody was like nah. Lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I kept thinking the Creature Keeper reminded me of Haggard in Harry Potter minus the beard & not being a giant. ;)
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Monet11 wrote: Β»
    I have already decided that Rahmi will move to San Myshuno and take the kids with her. Cecilia and Thomas might make a good match. I don't want to wait 2 more weeks. I am super excited and ready to play this pack!

Oh, but maybe you should leave the son with his dad, because he apparently loves the farm, while the girls do not.

I see your point, however, I am thinking of having Thomas move in with Cecilia. That will free up the 64x64 lot. I am thinking that there won't be enough room for a kid at Cecilia's place.

Of course, it might be that Cecilia and Thomas don't hit it off. I will just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I have been watching a lot of the Game Changers videos and I am getting more and more excited about the Pack. Although some glitches have been found, hopefully they will get fixed by the release date. The gameplay looks great and the animals animations are top notch. I also like the clothing which gives me a medieval vibe. With the clothes and some of the building tools I think I could make a decent medieval village.
  • Options
    BaileymarciannBaileymarciann Posts: 1 New Member
    I am planning on moving my Medieval family I've tried to create in the Sims 4. It will be soooo much easier for them to live their off the grid life style with this pack! I am so excited. My prep will be getting that family of 5 to move from Newcrest and into a cottage in the new pack. My prep revolves around getting my big family ready to tend the land, crops, and animals :) I am very pleased I already have a large family ready who can have more kids to help out around the cottage. Very curious to see what the kids can do to interact and help Mom and Dad with the farm. So ready to live off the land! Eeeeee!!
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    So we're getting into the homestretch! This next week and a half are gonna be a bit tense. I've been trying not to watch too much of the early access stuff because it only makes me want to play the pack all the more (I am horrible at being patient) and I want to focus on my builds and save prep.

Luckily Shark Week also starts tonight so I'll be plenty entertained and that should help make the week pass faster.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing my sims live life in the country.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @simgirl1010 loved the article thanks for sharing!!🀭🀭 that sounds amazing. Even though I haven't played it yet I feel like I relate. I love the struggle challenged gameplay but it's so easy to cheat in this game I often find myself not sticking to the challenges I set for myself.
    Or taking the easy way out of things.
    Making food without ingredientes is one of them.
    I love that this pack sort of "forces" the challenges and the hardwork lifestyle so I stick to them. Can't wait to try this off the grid. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    I can't wait to see if my Sims' dog reacts to bunnies and foxes. Sure do hope SimGuruRomeo starts dropping some info about cross pack functionality this week.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top