Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging ...

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Uhhhh on and off?

I switch households every 4 sims weeks because of seasons. I usually keep aging on in the active household for a one week of the 4 weeks. Aging is off for UNI always. Age the townies for like 4 weeks when I think it is time to...yeah aging is weird for me LOL.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    On
    I play on Long so I keep aging on, including the entire neighborhood. I only switch it off entirely, when I have Sims in Uni. That way, since I get them through in 3-Sim weeks, nobody is likely to die off while they're getting their higher (cough, cough, cough) education. Then I'll switch it back on by household. Just as I had started to do before the latest Patch dropped, I plan on doing a full rotational play, once my YAs complete their schooling.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    On
    I keep it on, and set to long life span. Unless my Sim is a vampire or a spellcaster who knows how to make potions of rejuvenation, I have them chug down a youth potion purchased for some hard earned aspiration points when they're about to age up. xD
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Off (No aging)
    I rotate my households too much to risk them getting old before I get back to them.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    On
    Well, on but only for the active household. I play rotationally with all households, so I want to get to everyone in my own time.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    On
    Depends, sometimes I play with it off, others I play with it on, sometimes it's only my household that ages while the world stays the same.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Off (Aging on demand)
    I do mine a little different than the three options listed. I picked the closest.

What I do is have aging off (for everyone) untill all my sims have accomplished what I want them to do for their age brackets. Then, I turn on aging (for everyone) and let everyone age up on their own. That way, they don't age differently from townies.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    Off (No aging)
    The only Sims who get aged up in my games anymore are kids, and nobody ages up to an elder anymore. I hate how limited the elder lifestage is, and I've had it sprung on me one too many times now...and seemingly only ever with Sims based on characters who don't age!
  • Options
    GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    Off (Aging on demand)
    Age on demand, but... alas. I'm also biased with this question. It's a bit more complicated with the way I play. I really wish they'd bring back the Age Sliders... those worked perfectly for me. I absolutely loved that feature. With aging on demand, I try to mimic it with the Sims 4... but, it gets a little more complicated once I reach elder stage. When I had the sliders...

Baby - About a Week
    Toddler / Adult - Maxed ... They aged with a cake... when the time was right.
    Elders - Between 15 and 45 Days.
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    On
    I normally have ageing on. I think it is fun to see how my sims change with each life cycle. I often change their traits as they age too.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Off (Aging on demand)
    Off. I age my sims up whenever I’m ready for them to age.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2021
    On
    Currently aging off - on demand because I am doing the decades challenge however once I am done with this challenge I am going back to my usual aging on for active household only - I play rotationally.

I don't know why it says aging on. I didn't have the option to vote :(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Off (Aging on demand)
    I tend to have multiple families in each of my save files, so aging is off, but I do plan to turn aging on when I plan to. I have them on long life spans as well.
    My current plan is to have aging off for the parents of my Sims, that way I can get as many possible heirs that I can. I age infants to toddlers right away, but plan to get my current toddlers to good stats before aging them into children. I rushed some of my toddlers to children that were born in-game, and lost possible benefits. Most of my Sims are spell casters, mermaids, and vampires, so aging if more or less off for them.
    Back to my plan, though, is that I will try to get as many descendants from my first Sims, and age their kids to young adult, and moving everyone, but the heir from the households. If my towns get to cluttered, I may turn the aging back on for the non heir houses, or tr to combine the families.
    I plan to turn aging on for my Sims that marry non magical Sims, with normal life spans, so that would limit how many Sims are born from the non heir families.
    So, aging is off for my "immortal" Sims, who are providing me with kids. The kids will be aged up once they reach a good goal, and then heirs will be "immortal" to repeat the process, while the non heir families will have normal lifespans with aging off until I have to make more room for the next generation.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Off (Aging on demand)
    I play multiple families, so I only age the households I am playing. This is almost like not using aging at all since I am currently playing about 20. households. At least I don't get bored 🤪
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    My option isn't there. On for active household only, like Sims 2. I want everyone else to just be there until I'm ready to have them be part of my family.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    On
    I keep it on, but I've used MCCC to extremely alter the various age groups to be extra-long.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Off (Aging on demand)
    I age my Sims up when I'm ready. I'll also age up other characters in my stories when I think it's time. So far I haven't aged an Adult up to an Elder yet. I've mostly had kids and teens age up.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    I wasn't sure what answer would be mine, so I just commented instead.
    I go back and forth with my aging. I only have it disabled when I am giving my sims more time to gain skill levels or to develope relationships or achieve in goals and such. A good example are toddlers. Yes, you have the long lifespan option, but sometimes that's just not long enough for me when you are focused on families of four or five.
    But I have it enables for the most part, but only for the current household.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    On
    I play on long life span and turn off aging while taking sims through university. Otherwise I keep aging on usually.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Off (No aging)
    I even turned off the animal aging from Cottage Living.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    On

I have it "On", but I have it set at maximum. So about 1000 to 3000 days per age after "Child" to age-up. I'd have to check what I have it all set at. And yes even Elders live a couple 1000 days lol ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    CASim1000CASim1000 Posts: 21 Member
    Off (Aging on demand)
    Aging every time a new EP or GP comes out.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Off (Aging on demand)
    I keep aging off, but I occasionally age up a Sim manually, especially children. My elders will probably just be elders forever though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    On

Actually it's not as much as I thought. I have it set at:
    (In game days)
    Baby: 12
    Toddler: 200
    Child: 300
    Teen: 500
    Young Adult: 600
    Adult: 1000