Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite/most used lot type?

I never mind getting another bar with each world because after restaurants. Bars/karaoke bars are probably my favorite and most used lot type. So I’m wondering what is everyone else’s.

**Could not add all lot types. So this is just the base game lot types. Use other for lot type that came in a DLC.

Favorite/most used lot type? 112 votes

Bar
16%
bshag4lvalexspoom13JueJueoveronSimburianTorieOnverserStutumEvilyn_1007TTNsimmerJennifer_AaleynElisetomderevaunACruelButLovingGodmelsimfiggyHavenRose 18 votes
Generic
5%
foxybillyLyrieSeashoreLiviasarabeth2984SimmerGeorgeEliasVersace 6 votes
Gym
8%
WrenryIsa_MenezeselelunicyWolfiumPeralThemrsg4422BK747RememberJoyWispye 9 votes
Library
4%
Akl500PRouensimsPlumbeebUmbreon12Benjamilian 5 votes
Lounge
1%
AbbyZRySBI 2 votes
Museum
0%
CattyBetsy 1 vote
National park/ Park
13%
love7680TheSpotted_Celanorbretonpendragon1980MindofyYautjagirlDaraviSajahiDoloresGreyMDianaSimsKimmerPoppyErstwhilePurpleHeatherchonkiemightysprite 15 votes
Night club
12%
simjenn2004lisamwittgreydonnBabykittyjadebixtersbenson2006snoepjes1210AineSheriSim57RedShoe7OEII1001LinzzVeeDubBettyNewbie1 14 votes
Pool
3%
mollymegan82alanmichael1MissElphebaEnkiSchmidt 4 votes
Other (share in comments)
33%
GalacticGalCamkatMeteoraStormhaneulOrianasSimSsimgirl1010goodcakebaker62Kironidetaydevduhboy2u2ChampandGirlieSindocatannaliese39BatmanFanGirlmusteniLouise_G0325JemmaTheSimmerHopeyStarrCrazyNinjaBusufu 38 votes

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Restaurant :)
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Night club
    I chose nightclub, but some of mine are actually a bit more multi-purpose than that. Basically anything where I can heavily feature music, drinks, and socializing, but dancing (with or without DJs), games, TV and other things are also present in many of them.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    National park/ Park
    I chose park, but it's probably about equal between park, restaurant and night club.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Bar
    musteni wrote: »
    Restaurant :)

I answered my own poll incorrectly. Lol. This is mine too.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I really enjoy taking my sim to the spa. There is just something so relaxing about watching my sim relax there. I think I use parks and lounges the most though.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Restaurants, lounges (because of the talent shows), karaoke bars and parks are my favorite.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    Restaurants, following nightclubs.
    I often change my bars to nightclubs, no need that stupid TV and no bar nights :) (tho I have modded out the barnights, but still)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Restaurant. My households and sims vary as to who visits bars vs nightclubs or art centers vs museums, but all of them go out to eat.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I have detailed before why I think restaurants are the kings of community lots. They are super versatile in that you can literally make anything you can think of and slam a menu onto it. Arcade and pizza, bowling and alien fruit tarts, shady motel and microwave dinner, fancy hotel and high tea, botanical garden and scones etc. I usually make my restaurants multi-functional - sometimes my sims don't even eat there, but are visiting for the other attractions. I love that I can can choose exactly what is on the menu, since it helps shape the atmosphere and gives more personalization to the lot. There are only so many food stalls to place on lots, and you usually have to waste money to hire a vendor to use them anyway.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I never build community lots. I send my Sims to the gym sometimes if they’re too poor to buy their own equipment or don’t have the space for it.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Residential. Honestly - I can never have enough open housing. My Sims do most of their entertaining there.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Gym
    I love to send my sims to the gym for some reason, even though I've personally never been in one before :*

I usually add the stuff from spa day too, so they're usually a gym/spa hybrid. I love to send my vampire sims there to feed and as a result most of my vamps are pretty buff.

My second choice would be nightclubs for the same reason as above, they're a good place to feed at night.

For my non-vamp sims, I would pick rental lots.
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    Bar
    I chose Bars, which I do like a lot, but Restaurants are great and my sims do use them actually even more than Bars :smile:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Bar
    A bar is my go-to venue when my Sims needs to socialize. :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2021
    residential? :sweat_smile:

I do make some community lots too but I don't think i have clear favourite in those because i often combine a few into one lot

i guess the favourite is just one ticking as many boxes as possible +more

aaand hopefully one that is somewhat safe for my vampires

which is why i hardly ever have lots that are just pool or park so i dont use those lot types much even if i made venue that includes pool or park
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Night club
    Nightclubs are good huntin'.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Night club
    I've turned my bars into nightclubs so the game doesn't spawn ugly bar regulars.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Restaurant. I have one in most worlds, I can't imagine doing dates otherwise now! Dinner dates are such a staple.

It's the only type that any sim can go to no matter what. All ages, all personalities, basically anyone. Just for that reason I use them more, other venues are only used by certain sims.

May be unpopular, I'd say Dine Out is maybe my fave GP too.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2021
    Night club
    Restaurants and night clubs!! Love Restaurants😍
    And my nightclub parties are always poppin 💃
    But normal I use residential lots or parks as "custom lots" to turn it into what I want
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I like both residential and community lots. To build both houses and public spaces like parks and that :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Residential, Tiny Residential & Haunted Residential. Let's just say I love having my sims live in all kinds of unusual homes, whether it's in a Tiny Underground Shelter or the Enterprise or the TARDIS or a Tower or a Bat House or a Treehouse or a Dome or a Sky Home or just a cozy Cottage. ;):p<3
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Pool
    Pools are the only venues that I enjoy creating from scratch, everything else I download and modify to suit my needs. They are also my favorite venues to visit.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Hauk150 wrote: »
    I like both residential and community lots. To build both houses and public spaces like parks and that :)

I never bother building parks as we already have enough of them in the non-editable neighbourhood space. My personal favourite are restaurants. They all feel different from one another, with particular attractions, so most neighbourhoods have one. I also like cafes and lounges a lot.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2021
    Night club
    Nightclubs, bars ( and Karaoke bars ), and parks, and I have to say I do put cafe’s and things in office buildings, internet cafe’s, bowling alleys, arcade games, etc. I don’t use restaurants much lately ( though I have a lot of them ) because they have been buggy for me lately. And although I don’t use retail lots a lot I do sent my sims to them to pick up certain stuff. I like pools too, but it’s always hard to tell if the weather is going to be alright for them, I usually have other things at pools like bars, lounges etc.I do that with some of my restaurants too. I use community lots and rentals fairly often with most of my sims
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Bar
    I am always sending my sims to their local bar. I tweaked all the bars in the game, most favorite bar has got to be the Old Quarter Inn in Windenberg. I love sending my sims to practice darts, foosball, dance, socialize and most of all the favorite spot to ring in the New Year. There's something great about 20 or so sims all counting down to midnight...shu-shumi! :D

I like all the venues but the most favorite has got to be the bar! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.