Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking Creatives? GP 10 Dream Home Decorator

Comments

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Ehhh... I was hyped about the new game pack originally. But unless it comes with more than just the interior designer career, I may have to skip it for the time being. I don't have much an interest in this type of career at all.
    I'd rather get Batuu to be honest

But I'm glad that some of you will get some use out of it.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    That's really disappointing. There's already so much focus for builders in the game. I was hoping for gameplay.

The only good pack this year has been Paranormal.

lol i thought the same, not only the max focus on ts4 is bb/cas but devs are only making cas patches and now focusing gameplay on bb.
    ehh who knows though perhaps the gp ends up being good, but agreed the paranormal pack was pretty cool.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Dang. I hated the interior design career in TS3. I'm a builder and I have already built custom homes for every lot in the game and I have sims that live in all of them that I play. I don't want to remodel my work, if that makes sense. I truly hope it's not like TS3s system. I hope they include a world that needs a makeover. I probably won't use the career, but if it adds a lot of new objects, I'll get it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My hope is that we get to a broken down apocalyptic style world that needs rebuilding 🥺🥺
    Except I won't be rebuilding it😈
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I hope the career has a go to work option as I don't want to make changes to my houses.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Ehhh... I was hyped about the new game pack originally. But unless it comes with more than just the interior designer career, I may have to skip it for the time being. I don't have much an interest in this type of career at all.

*ahem*
    You should get Batuu! It’s great! 😇
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

*ahem*

After getting Batuu, I find I use a lot of the objects in my builds now. The lights are awesome, rustic and industrial. There are a pair of shoes that I keep using...I agree, get the pack. It's pretty nice just for the stuff. I have yet to actually visit Batuu, but I'll get there when I eventually have someone roll that aspiration.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Were you actually able to go to that sims lot and decorate the house during the job in TS3? Because if it's anything like that, I'm actually interested lol. I also agree this is probably where the sectional sofas will be released, and I can't wait for that, gonna be a lot of lots to re-do.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    But...but....I wanted to be in a Rockband again! 😭

I’m curious about this GP!
    I don’t feel excited about it whatsoever, even-though I love building. It’s wonderful to see so many positive reactions though! 👍🏼
    I hope there’s something I can use and I’m looking forward to the trailer & the live-stream.

If you build it (band room) they will come. Well maybe. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I'm not a builder but looking forward to what those that can...bring to the gallery. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Sounds interesting. I appreciated the Sims 3 iteration incorporating CAS and Build/Buy into gameplay. I hope that the career is a generic "Designer" and from there you can pick stylist/interior designer.
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member

Mstybl95 wrote: »

*ahem*

After getting Batuu, I find I use a lot of the objects in my builds now. The lights are awesome, rustic and industrial. There are a pair of shoes that I keep using...I agree, get the pack. It's pretty nice just for the stuff. I have yet to actually visit Batuu, but I'll get there when I eventually have someone roll that aspiration.

Batuu CAS is one of the bests. I love the outfits
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

*ahem*

*ahem*

I actually have considered it... if for nothing more than the clutter items and a few of the CAS items. I'm not much into Star Wars, but the pack does introduce some pretty nice items. Plus, from my understanding... Sabaac is kind of like gambling in a way?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2021
    oh well it better at very least come with sewing and being able to make decorative pillows and curtains and other home textiles o_o please be useful pack pleaaaase
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I only played this career very little in sims 3 but it seemed like it could be fun so i hope to explore it more in that game. I might get this pack for sims 4 as well, but surely there is more to it since we are talking about a whole game pack after all? looking forward to getting more info.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2021
    I am not looking forward to the loading screens from traveling to each lot you have a job on!!!!!

I’m hoping they add a consult option where your Sim just gives advice from the phone / computer or something lol
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    An interior design career doesn't seem like it would mesh well with rotational saves. Played sims should not ever autonomously commission an interior architect. I also don't like giving the game so much control over any sim in the game to decide for them how (or even if) they want their home redecorated.

I hope they throw in a return of favorite colors as a basegame update - the new slot in CAS? *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2021
    And now that I think about it, where will the money come from for these renovations?

If a family for example has $200 in household funds, are they going to call my Sim for a renovation with a budget all of a sudden of $4000? Are they going to magically get money? Or will you only get calls from families who actually have that amount of money? Otherwise, it sounds ridiculous.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    And now that I think about it, where will the money from for these renovations?

If a family for example has $200 in household funds, are they going to call my Sim for a renovation with a budget all of a sudden of $4000? Are they going to magically get money? Or will you only get calls from families who actually have that amount of money? Otherwise, it sounds ridiculous.

Well, sims with no money can come and buy your ridiculously priced flower arrangements, so I guess it will be random money, or maybe based on a value of a lot.
    Indeed hope it won't affect played families though.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2021
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    And now that I think about it, where will the money from for these renovations?

There are a lot of potential problems with an interior designer pack if the jobs are randomly generated, so it will be interesting to see what their solution to that is. It sounds like you could easily end up destroying your sims lots.

Maybe the changes you make will not actually be saved on their lots.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Meh, well I was hoping it would be bands, but I'm not opposed to a pack that focuses on build and buy content.

I suppose the speculation regarding the career being interior design or architect is probably right. It definitely makes the most sense but will likely be one of those things that I try out once and never go back to if that's the case. I'm just hoping that the build and buy content will be versatile, and give us plenty of options to work with.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

*ahem*

*ahem*

I actually have considered it... if for nothing more than the clutter items and a few of the CAS items. I'm not much into Star Wars, but the pack does introduce some pretty nice items. Plus, from my understanding... Sabaac is kind of like gambling in a way?

Oh, it's a lot like gambling, actually. You can even cheat. >:)

And the CAS is one of the best if you like to be creative with making Sims. It's one of my top favorite collections. The B/B too. Absolutely stellar. (See what I did there? Ha!)

Seriously, just go with Batuu.

(No spoilers because I like to live dangerously.)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    A refresher on TS3 architect career may shed some light on how it might be done.

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/ambitions/architecturaldesign.php

I'm just hoping we get the drafting table back.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2021
    An interior design career doesn't seem like it would mesh well with rotational saves. Played sims should not ever autonomously commission an interior architect. I also don't like giving the game so much control over any sim in the game to decide for them how (or even if) they want their home redecorated.

I hope they throw in a return of favorite colors as a basegame update - the new slot in CAS? *fingers crossed*

It depends how it's done.

If you manually choose your clients and offer to renovate their bedroom etc, or it's gig style and it lists what the job is (Nursery, Kitchen etc) and who it's for, then you could decide who to work for or ignore based on that household's personality/finances etc.

If it's just one job generated at a time or you can't choose who to work for, that would be bad. You'd likely miss a lot of jobs and lose performance from quitting or cancelling.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    amaniaaaamaniaaa Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2021
    Nice! It's not a band/singing game pack but I am sure lots of people will love it! Builders especially!
    Although I am scared for my Sims clients, my building skills are worst than you may imagine :p