Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2021 (Now Live)

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    two more days !
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    For me, I possibly have 2 updates coming this week. One is obviously for The Sims and the other if all goes well is for Conan Exiles.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Does anyone know what the updates maybe?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the updates maybe?

New stuff and bug fixes.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Cool. B)
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    The Sims Twitter account has been highlighting Black creators for BHM, and there's still two more days of these posts to go. Could that mean that we'll get no news about the patch until thursday?
  • Options
    The Sims Twitter account has been highlighting Black creators for BHM, and there's still two more days of these posts to go. Could that mean that we'll get no news about the patch until thursday?

Most likely. They do need to tease something though.
  • Options

Most likely. They do need to tease something though.

I don't think they will I think we'll just have to see when the patch drops
  • Options
    after all they didn't tell us when toddlers dropped though I don't think it will be anything that big @catloverplayer
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm just hoping it won't be a "why did we have to wait 3 weeks for this" scenario
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm just hoping it won't be a "why did we have to wait 3 weeks for this" scenario

SGFrost said something about not wanting to overshadow the black history month celebrations.
  • Options
    justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Is it releasing on feb 25 or announcement on feb2 5?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

@justice4bonehilda As far as I know, release.
  • Options

Releasing. They've already announced.
  • Options
    I hope we get some hair like this in the update Thursday
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’m excited for Thursday, not for the patch. I start a new job😄, the patch will be a plus to that day though
  • Options
    Reminder

Remember to move your mods and cc folder to your desktop Tomorrow.
  • Options
    I've got some people telling me there isn't a patch coming tomorrow cause they said thesims on Twitter didn't confirm a patch but how else do they think we're getting this free gift Tomorrow? I asked SimGuruFrost on Twitter to confirm.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've got some people telling me there isn't a patch coming tomorrow cause they said thesims on Twitter didn't confirm a patch but how else do they think we're getting this free gift Tomorrow? I asked SimGuruFrost on Twitter to confirm.

It has to be via patch. And i believe it'll come with a few bug fixes too.
  • Options

Maybe it's some sort of promotional activity like they did with the black history month streamers? EA will highlight their work and simmers can download the cc from their sites. I saw on another thread that for their mobile game they gave some party objects, stereo, bar, disco balls. Maybe we'll get something similar, party themed stuff.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member

I think the surprise can still come in a patch. Maybe they'll drop it unannounced (which would also make sense with their BHM posting schedule). And if I remember correctly, Luumia tweeted that there's something 'coming to the Sims 4' on the 25th.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

Maybe it's some sort of promotional activity like they did with the black history month streamers? EA will highlight their work and simmers can download the cc from their sites. I saw on another thread that for their mobile game they gave some party objects, stereo, bar, disco balls. Maybe we'll get something similar, party themed stuff.

That wouldn't explain consoles cause they can't download cc.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

That wouldn't explain consoles cause they can't download cc.

Good point. Hope they give us some great new content to play with.
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    At what time is the patch supposed to drop tomorrow ?
  • Options
    This is how I think it works.

Maxis works with cc creators and keeps the polygon count down of what we're getting.