Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't Complain if You Buy The Pack

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,084 Member
    People sometimes say 'Nobody asked for this pack' and the statement isn't true because MAN are there a lot of Occult players out there.

But I'll tell you there is one pack that nobody, anywhere asked for. Not even Occult and Weird players.

Journey To Batuu.

I've tried, boy have I tried. But I just cannot fit that stuff into my houses. I CAN'T. It's just too stylised. And this is coming from somebody who genuinely tries to use Stuff from as many packs as possible in their builds and clothes, and built a second basement purely to keep their collections in.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    People sometimes say 'Nobody asked for this pack' and the statement isn't true because MAN are there a lot of Occult players out there.

But I'll tell you there is one pack that nobody, anywhere asked for. Not even Occult and Weird players.

Journey To Batuu.

I've tried, boy have I tried. But I just cannot fit that stuff into my houses. I CAN'T. It's just too stylised. And this is coming from somebody who genuinely tries to use Stuff from as many packs as possible in their builds and clothes, and built a second basement purely to keep their collections in.

Hard agree, unless you're playing an extremely stylised save (and even then immersion WILL be broken by the rest of the game), there is no way that the BB/CaS items fit into an everyday household. Like ok, some of it might work, but the rest is just too particular.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    I mean, if they'd at least played it like the Sims version of Batuu... or crack-hard roleplay... But they don't. I suspect it would be that the Devs had no choice but to make it a perfect replica since you can't edit anything, which is what the Sims is meant to be about. Plus Batuu characters don't wander around random worlds or call you to visit, unlike your other friends, proving that even those obvious potential glitches were carefully ironed out.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,361 Member

Journey To Batuu.

I use some of the stuff for Deco for Geeks. I mean, yes, I have friends in the 501st Cosplay Fan Club, but even I, as a "casual" Star Wars fan (I don't really give a toss about the EU, but I've watched the movies multiple times. Even the Prequels) have some Star Wars memorabilia clutter around the house. Not to mention pictures of me in a Genderflipped 1920's Han Solo costume in a Replica of the Millennium Falcon.

I also use the hexagon floor tiles a lot. And a lot of the deco doesn't, to me, yell Star Wars.

I didn't ask for JtB, but I enjoyed playing it (I do agree that it doesn't have a lot of replay. You have to have the right sims to go to Batuu) and I can use a good chunk of the Star Wars deco/clutter in my households with ease.

But then, maybe I just create more Eclectic/geeky households than you do.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,156 Member

I don't hate that pack, but actually I found a couple of the items and wallpaper, which I use often. I want to mention that I love one of the ceiling lamps, I just need to reduce it twice, but it has a nice decor. There aren't many good looking ceiling lamps in the game, honestly in real life I had my trouble to find good looking lamps which I like, too.

And since Disney company became so uncreative and reuse fascismlooks, I put the flag, the trousers and uniforms to "represent" exactly this decade in my challenge. This gp came to the right time for me, but for sure, I didn't ask for it, because I'm not a star wars fan.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member

Journey To Batuu.
    Once again, do not say "nobody" .. True I did not asked for it, but I DO enjoy it a lot.

I simply do not care how much hate I get for that, only MY opinion.

So I am occult player, and now I am worse than "Weird player"? Thanks.

Proud of not being "everyone".

Plenty of people enjoy that pack, me for one. I guess I'm beyond weird.

And it's not true that nobody asked for it either, cos I remember someone posting in response to the 'nobody asked for this' at the time it came out and they said they had actually asked for a Star Wars pack.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member
    I asked for Star Wars. 😇
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    I voted for a Star Wars Stuff Pack. :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,001 Member
    I feel like the Sims 2 did a great job with stuff like aliens etc. Aliens were in the base game, yet everyone knew that in order to get abducted you had to have a high logic skill and then also use the telescope at night.
    So if you didn't want to get abducted you could very well just avoid doing those things. It was easier to decide if your sim would get abducted or not. In the Sims 4 abductions were mostly random. I had a sim who was a photographer, had nothing to do with aliens or anything alien-related yet still got abducted one day.

In Sims4, the only way my first abduction occurred is when my Sim was out in the wee hours. That's the key in this game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,001 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    If there's one thing I hate, it's laundry. I hate the way things get dirty so fast, that then my Sims leave it lying around and get Uncomfortable and just seem incapable of doing laundry in any way even slightly efficiently. However there's something I've noticed - if you don't like doing laundry, don't buy laundry machines. I didn't go and ask for Laundry to be nerfed for 'realism' players, but it's the realism players who demanded something tedious like Laundry and then said it was too hard to be part of the game.

But I love including a washing machine and dryer in my builds. It makes the house look nice! I just don't want laundry! So they should get rid of laundry. They should make it a lot trait that people who want laundry have to slot on every house! Just in case I visit one of these houses though, their sims should never do the laundry autonomously. I don't want any of that in my game!

Yeah, I do kinda wish there were the option of purely aesthetic laundry machines or the option to turn them off (I have a laundry room but no laundry machines because my Sims are too stupid to handle it), so I'm relieved there's something you can use to have a haunted house but not need to have Guidry visiting every night. From the looks of things, he's just an automatic NPC with some specific dialogue that basically tells you everything about the pack and doesn't let you find out anything for yourself.

Oh, what are you saying you don't like spontaneous laundry-related fires? LOL I can't tell you how many I've had in my game because I do have laundry machines. Oftentimes, it's the Butler who fails to clean that lint tray! But, again, if you don't want what's in a certain pack, don't purchase it. Or like others have said, simply don't put the machines in your lot, end of problem. You won't even get those stinky piles of dirty clothes anywhere. No machines, no laundry.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Guess I should apologise for doing what everybody else does. Even so, I think a Star Wars pack, requested or not, could have been done a million times better than it was. The story's a one-time through thing
    CelSims wrote: »
    If there's one thing I hate, it's laundry. I hate the way things get dirty so fast, that then my Sims leave it lying around and get Uncomfortable and just seem incapable of doing laundry in any way even slightly efficiently. However there's something I've noticed - if you don't like doing laundry, don't buy laundry machines. I didn't go and ask for Laundry to be nerfed for 'realism' players, but it's the realism players who demanded something tedious like Laundry and then said it was too hard to be part of the game.

But I love including a washing machine and dryer in my builds. It makes the house look nice! I just don't want laundry! So they should get rid of laundry. They should make it a lot trait that people who want laundry have to slot on every house! Just in case I visit one of these houses though, their sims should never do the laundry autonomously. I don't want any of that in my game!

Yeah, I do kinda wish there were the option of purely aesthetic laundry machines or the option to turn them off (I have a laundry room but no laundry machines because my Sims are too stupid to handle it), so I'm relieved there's something you can use to have a haunted house but not need to have Guidry visiting every night. From the looks of things, he's just an automatic NPC with some specific dialogue that basically tells you everything about the pack and doesn't let you find out anything for yourself.

Oh, what are you saying you don't like spontaneous laundry-related fires? LOL I can't tell you how many I've had in my game because I do have laundry machines. Oftentimes, it's the Butler who fails to clean that lint tray! But, again, if you don't want what's in a certain pack, don't purchase it. Or like others have said, simply don't put the machines in your lot, end of problem. You won't even get those stinky piles of dirty clothes anywhere. No machines, no laundry.

I actually love most of the stuff in the pack. Laundry Stuff has just the BEST clutter. Except, of course, the way my Sims are incapable of doing their laundry without me giving individual instructions and so leave it lying around everywhere.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member
    This laundry thing....😂
    I never had one sim who didn’t do his own laundry. Autonomously. I don’t have a - do your own laundry - mod installed.
    The only thing I need to tell him is to upgrade the machines so they don’t set on fire. Yes. I cheat with that part. All my main dude sims are level 10 handy, including the handy hidden trait. Because it’s just handier that way. But they always wash their clothes themselves. They’re good boys. Above all, they’re clean.
  • Options
    Anyway, back to the important stuff.. I can't help but notice quite a few Gamechangers complaining that they don't like paranormal stuff in their game, and yet not reminding people that you can turn it on and off to the normal residence if it gets too much for you.
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    If you don't like the pack why buy it in the first place, it makes no sense whatsoever to buy the game then just complain about if for like the rest of your life. It's just plain stupid.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member

Journey To Batuu.

Not true.
    When we got a few Star Wars costumes, I wanted more.
    And wow, did I get more! :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2021
    @GalacticGal you can feel safe purchasing the pack for just CAS and BB. You will not experience any haunting activities if you’re lot type is not set to Haunted Residential, none of the furniture or clutter produces haunting effects if you don’t intentionally activate it. I will admit due to some unexpected events in my house I haven’t actually played the pack yet. But from my understanding from the live stream and some YouTube videos none of the objects produce their paranormal effects outside of a Haunted Residential lot type. The black flame candles have to be purchased in the reward store or gifted to you by the little specters so, if you don’t purchase them or interact with a haunting you will never see them. With this pack, you very much have to choose to be haunted, and it’s very possible to buy it just for the stuff without engaging with the gameplay if that’s what you prefer.

ETA: that’s the point of this thread, the players (not specifically you Galacticgal. In fact I can’t say I’ve ever seen you do it at all.) who buy packs containing features that are well advertised and demonstrated ahead of time, that have “toggles” whether those be in game items or actual check boxes in settings to mitigate or even fully avoid those features who then wide scale complain about them to the point where the devs essentially tune them entirely out of the game, making them almost completely unavailable to people who do want them.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • Options
    It is a Stuff Pack, so it's kind of okay to purchase it just for Stuff. Especially when the stuff is so nice as it is - a real mix and match pack.

If you want to try the occult stuff, that's cool. But if you KNOW you don't like occult things, don't buy it to complain about them.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The Star Wars thing should have been a standalone like Castaway but at this point there are to many bugs and missing items. Sims 5 is going to be a hot mess seeing how they left Sims 3 and 4 to die.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    People will always find a way to complain or spreading hatred.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,188 Member
    Yes. I get that something like Vampires breaking into your home EVERY SINGLE NIGHT is annoying, but I sure as hell remember people demanding that the whole feature be removed from the game because they don't even like vampires in the first place..........Then why buy the vampire pack if you didn't like vampires? I think Snowy Escape and Eco Lifestyle are lame sounding expansion packs. So you know what I did? I didn't buy them!
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,188 Member
    As I said on another thread, toggles don’t appease them. We got 2 toggles with Seasons, one to shut off blizzards and thunderstorms and one to shut off temperature effects on sims. But, people still had a massive hissy about sims dying from extreme temperatures. I even pointed out to the person who was leading the charge to have weather deaths nerfed that they could shut off the effects of temperature on their sims, and the literally came back at me saying they shouldn’t have to, because their sims not feeling hot or cold wasn’t realistic. So ultimately weather deaths have been tuned virtually out of existence, along with vampire behavior, and Murphy bed deaths (which tons of people requested making a return), and vending machine deaths were basically nerfed at the outset because you have really force things in order to make them happen. IMO, the rainbows and unicorns dollhouse players are sucking the very essence of The Sims out of this game. Like the OP I too fear they will set their lot type to Haunted House, add the spooky trait and then complain that it’s “invasive”, and “OTT”, and that they should be able to live in a haunted house without it occurring all the time.

Ah yes, I keep forgetting that people constantly throwing parties during blizzards and got people killed (Seriously though, saw plenty of people going "I just wanted to throw a pool party but it was snowing out and everybody died! FIX THIS, EA!" on the forum a lot back then.) so they just flat out removed it. At least it gave us CallMeKevin fans a new meme pretending that he's the sole reason why EA patched that stuff out.....
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    dsef wrote: »
    If you don't like the pack why buy it in the first place, it makes no sense whatsoever to buy the game then just complain about if for like the rest of your life. It's just plain stupid.

I agree. And yet there are still plenty of people who buy every single pack and complain that the packs are "lacking". They complain on every post and video that the Sims 4 is "terrible", but when a new pack is announced they preorder it and comment on the announcement post that it will be another "dissapointment". It appears that they buy the game just to complain about it.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Journey To Batuu.

Not true.
    When we got a few Star Wars costumes, I wanted more.
    And wow, did I get more! :D

Same. I use the costumes for servers and cooks in the occult restaurants, and occult stores. I appreciate the additional variety of alien "hat skins" for my ever expanding alien population.

Also, I loooove the B/B CAS items. I'm always wanting steampunk/futuristic/alien/fantasy stuff in my game.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I'm so tired of being anxious that they might nerf a feature/death just because the realistic/story players didn't like it. And is it true that they nerfed the vending machine death?? I just knew it was coming... 🐸🐸🐸🐸, reading things like this really puts me off playing The Sims 4 and I love this game.

What I don't understand with players like that. Don't they save the game now and then? Like so what if their precious legacy sim dies randomly. Just hit that load button and it is like nothing ever happened! I understand if you forget to save, I do that too sometimes. But then that is on you, not the game.

They just ruin everything in this game. Removing every random thing that makes the gameplay more fun and chaotic. I really hope a Guru is reading this thread.