Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bonehilda is Back!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    The Queen has returned!!! I love playing with the Goth family and adding Bonehilda is a must for me every time! I'm so glad she's back! <3
  • Options
    tutifruity6644tutifruity6644 Posts: 878 Member
    oooh this is very exciting
    Screenshot-2022-02-26-at-02-01-45.png
    💛🤍 Tai (iel en français / they/them in english) 💜🖤
  • Options
    SuperVampireSuperVampire Posts: 7 New Member
    This were could expansion pack
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    Never mind - Deleted
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    I see a lot of simmers on Twitter dissapointed she won't have her coffin. Maybe cause I never played her I don't see the big deal? Is it just nostalgia or is her coffin just that cool?
    I actually like the idea of summoning her better.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 2021
    Of course they didn't give her a coffin)
    I'm not even upset, it's Sims 4, it was expected)
    This game has killed all hope in me, so I'm just trying to enjoy what they give us)
    For me, the coffin is no less important than Bonehilda, without it she is just a skeleton maid, like those jungle skeletons)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2021
    I really don't mind her not having her coffin (and I've been a big Bonehilda fan since TS1). We'll see after the next blog post, but for now I like the thought of having to summon her through a séance. The coffin would probably have been a bulky object anyway like most gameplay objects are in TS4 🤷
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Poor Bonehilda, she's homeless.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Maybe they don't want to add a coffin because they don't want to admit their creativity is dying :D
  • Options
    Sooo true. :D
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I see a lot of simmers on Twitter dissapointed she won't have her coffin. Maybe cause I never played her I don't see the big deal? Is it just nostalgia or is her coffin just that cool?
    I actually like the idea of summoning her better.

I think it just was nice little detail, like Sims opening cabinets or getting in and out of cars, details that aren't necessary but added to the feel of the game.

She would open the coffin and come out. Then when she was done cleaning, repairing, or taking care of the kids, she would go back to her coffin and climb inside. This time, I'm assuming she'll just appear and disappear.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    I liked Bonehilda's coffin in Sims 3, but it did take up 4 tiles--not always easy to find a good spot for it! With the séance table already taking up floor space, maybe not having a coffin would be ok. I'll pretend/imagine she has a special place in the netherworld. But I do wonder how long it takes to summon her through a séance. Will it be a quick action (just accessing the crystal ball) or will it be a longer medium-like interaction? 🤷
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don’t mind that she doesn’t have the coffin. I think it will look weird having a coffin in a house.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I don't get the disappointment of her not having a coffin. You can still use her as a maid right? What does it matter if she's summoned through séance table or out of a coffin?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Poor Bonehilda, she's homeless.
    Could always use the vampire coffin to give her a home.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Oh, I hope so.
  • Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    #ACoffinForBonehilda
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Yeah I don't get the drama of the no coffin. I get being disappointed but some are taking this like it's a personal attack. Whether she had a coffin or not she still works the same and is still a skeleton maid.

I've seen comment where ppl are basically saying that this isn't Bonehilda, it's just a maid who looks like a skeleton. Like? That is literally what Bonehilda is, a maid... who looks like a skeleton.

Maybe it's me? I didn't play ts2 and never really care much for using her in ts3. Even now I don't plan on using her cept for maybe for the Goths or Vladislaus. I'll get more use from the seance table and the career than her since those are things I've actually been wanting to see get added in game.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yeah I watched Pixelade's video about Bonehilda not having a coffin and 90% of the comments are that they are not disappointed over that at all...

Sometimes I wonder if the sims 4 have become something where people are just seeking drama and disappointment because they want to.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    Yeah I don't get the drama of the no coffin. I get being disappointed but some are taking this like it's a personal attack. Whether she had a coffin or not she still works the same and is still a skeleton maid.

I've seen comment where ppl are basically saying that this isn't Bonehilda, it's just a maid who looks like a skeleton. Like? That is literally what Bonehilda is, a maid... who looks like a skeleton.

Maybe it's me? I didn't play ts2 and never really care much for using her in ts3. Even now I don't plan on using her cept for maybe for the Goths or Vladislaus. I'll get more use from the seance table and the career than her since those are things I've actually been wanting to see get added in game.

If I purchase the pack (I'm a realism player who likes a small touch of occult) I plan on only one haunted house and leaving it haunted. Having just one in a rotation keeps things fresh and interesting.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Yeah I watched Pixelade's video about Bonehilda not having a coffin and 90% of the comments are that they are not disappointed over that at all...

Sometimes I wonder if the sims 4 have become something where people are just seeking drama and disappointment because they want to.

I think it's gotten to the point for some players that it doesn't matter if a pack could actually be good and worth it cause if they hear something disappointing or problematic even minor the whole pack is a waste and not even worth giving a chance.

That's not to say that if you as a player really wanted classic Bonehilda, coffin and all, to return and that fact that she isn't and she was the only thing that made you even consider getting this pack then yeah go ahead and express your disappointment but I've seen comments from players who seemed genuinely interested and excited in the pack as a whole. The career, the new skill, cas, build, all of it and then they hear that there is no coffin for Bonehilda. Boom... "I knew I shouldn't of gotten my hope up, what a waste of a pack, just another EA cash grab".

I also think that players are still holding on to dissatisfaction with JTB, the skintone issues and the Sims×MAC collab that anything less then ideal just feeds into that dissatisfaction. I don't want to call out any Simtubers by name but you can clearly hear it in their voice's or see it in their face that they are kinds just waiting for the next thing to be disappointed in. I mean I get it there has been a lot of "issues" with ts4 recently but me personally I look at those as separate incidents and not so much as ts4 as a whole. I mean I've seen players who just because of JTB their expectations in SE was to be disappointed and they are still holding on to that for Paranormal Stuff.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited January 2021
    lanlyn wrote: »
    But I do wonder how long it takes to summon her through a séance. Will it be a quick action (just accessing the crystal ball) or will it be a longer medium-like interaction? 🤷

That's something I'm wondering about too. If it's always a long thing, I'd only do it once and never use her again.

It just occurred to me that it looks like they are setting her up to be like the spectral assistant in Sims 2. Your witch could cast a spell to summon her, then she'd do everything Bonehilda could do. She disappeared when she was done and you'd have to summon her again. There was no Bonehilda in Sims 2, so I suppose the fill-in was the spectral assistant.

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Maybe they don't want to add a coffin because they don't want to admit their creativity is dying :D

What’s creative about doing something you’ve already done three times before?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    First of all I find the whole thing to be incredibly lazy since the skeletons in jungle adventure work the exact same way (summon, clean, vanish). A bonehilda outfit should have been an Easter egg in that pack.

People writing off the change seem to forget that she’s now tied to the spirit table. Now instead of a quick jingle of a bell you will have to sit through whatever over the top animations the table has as you perform an entire seance. Eating a bowl of peas can take like 4 sim hours is an entire seance supposed to happen in 10 seconds? Bonehilda will be relegated to novelty NPC just like the skeleton helper they made 3 years ago.