Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Skin Tones, Dec. 2020

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    New for the Patch
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this: I'm using CC makeup and the slider works for opacity! I thought that was pretty neat since I wasn't expecting any of it to work. :smile:
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    AaliyahBrittanyAaliyahBrittany Posts: 12 New Member
    Every time I try to turn my custom content and mods back on and I exit the game to restart it, it turns it back off. Why?
  • Options
    JennaFireJennaFire Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry if I do this wrong, I'm new. Has anyone had any problems with custom sliders for face or body? My obscurus, and Redhead Sims aren't working.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    (Update) The Melanin packs show up on the sims, but don't show up as swatches, so sims that already have the tones will still have them, but they can't be changed or replicated. You also can't change them to different tones in the pack, as you may have before. So as long as the packages are in your game, they'll show up on the sims they've been placed on. But they can only be changed to the ea swatches.

@Babay_Cupcakes
    I was wondering about her skins as well as others I use. I am still holding off on updating. Some of my Sims still may need to be fixed if other skins I use besides Mira's don't transfer over. Hopefully S4S will have a fix so we can see the swatches.
  • Options
    kmj2014kmj2014 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if if 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is ok, or basemental??
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    kmj2014 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if if ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is ok, or basemental??

You will have to search Twitter, Patreon, or the creators’ websites to find out. Those mods cannot be discussed here, sorry.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    I've read the whole thread, and I'm still not sure, sorry! Are default skins (not skintones) still working? I don't use any CC skintones, but I do use a default female skin. Thanks
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited December 2020
    @FatTribble23 Most default skins still work, as far as I know. Which one are you using?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @FatTribble23 Most default skins still work, as far as I know. Which one are you using?

Wild_guy. Thanks for letting me know.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited December 2020
    I apologize if sounds like I'm having an anxiety attack while reading and writing this.

I haven't added any CC in yet. Because I didn't trust EA to somehow do something without mess up the CC we have. However, I've been slowly adding in the mods I use the most paying attention to this post to see which mods are doing fine and are ok to add in yet. Thank you, everybody, for sharing broken CC and Broken mods. It's greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

I wonder if Sims 4 Studio has plans on fixing the custom skintones. I for one am thankful and grateful to all the modders and CC Creators out there. Thank you very much.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited December 2020
    drakharis wrote: »
    I apologize if sounds like I'm having an anxiety attack while reading and writing this.

I haven't added any CC in yet. Because I didn't trust EA to somehow do something without mess up the CC we have. However, I've been slowly adding in the mods I use the most paying attention to this post to see which mods are doing fine and are ok to add in yet. Thank you, everybody, for sharing broken CC and Broken mods. It's greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

I wonder if Sims 4 Studio has plans on fixing the custom skintones. I for one am thankful and grateful to all the modders and CC Creators out there. Thank you very much.
    drakharis wrote: »

@drakharis

You don't sound like you have anxiety just caution. I feel the same way. I never update right away and I'm concerned over the skins I have. Most of my Sims are black but i have many ethnicities in my game as reflects my real life family. I'm happy ppl who don't use cc have better options. And I would love to use the new skins for any new Sims I make. Just back up your saves and tray before patching and just keep an eye on things. Happy Simming.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @luthienrising I have good news :)

Both my baby outfits and baby bottle still works with old saves and I even tested it on a new one with one of the new skintones just incase its different somehow and it still works ;)

b2wNXTu.png
  • Options
    cursednocturnecursednocturne Posts: 31 Member
    I managed to identify which mod was making the "Miscellaneous" category shift so far to the side when I was in CAS, and I identified it as the Skin and Makeup tones fix mod by lilotea.
  • Options
    OrelOrel Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't know if this was brought up, but all of the 3D eyelashes from Kijiko are broken for me, they just show up as blocks. Also, i've had problems with a certain pair of glasses having the lenses show up as black, even with CC disabled. Like, they're normal glasses in CAS, but they look like sunglasses in game.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Orel wrote: »
    I don't know if this was brought up, but all of the 3D eyelashes from Kijiko are broken for me, they just show up as blocks. Also, i've had problems with a certain pair of glasses having the lenses show up as black, even with CC disabled. Like, they're normal glasses in CAS, but they look like sunglasses in game.

I would recommend using Kijiko's eyelashes that are in skin details category, I have tested them in my game and they work fine. But they do not work with rings as then they will come out like the blocks you are talking about. But if you dont have any rings on your sim, they will look perfect :)

http://kijiko-catfood.com/3d-lashes-version2-for-skin-detail-experimental/
  • Options
    OrelOrel Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Yautjagirl said:
    > I would recommend using Kijiko's eyelashes that are in skin details category, I have tested them in my game and they work fine. But they do not work with rings as then they will come out like the blocks you are talking about. But if you dont have any rings on your sim, they will look perfect :)
    >
    > http://kijiko-catfood.com/3d-lashes-version2-for-skin-detail-experimental/

Those worked, thank you! Glasses are still broken, though- and i've realized it's all glasses, not sure why
  • Options
    LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member
    edited December 2020
    Luumia's default skin tones are good. https://twitter.com/luumiasims/status/1336020256305926146

@afternoonbaboon
    And are Smootish II, Bod-E II, Tit-E still working too?
    Post edited by Lorea on
  • Options
    @AaliyahBrittany You'll need to head to AHQ for support with that problem. There's a link on p. 1.
    @JennaFire @SdSimpson One broken slider was reported yesterday before I went to bed, but thank you for more reports! It's starting to look like it could be all CAS sliders.
    @FatTribble23 When there's new info, I also update p. 1, so you can always start there :)
    Thanks @mcrudd ! That's good news - another body category safe!
    Thanks @DarkAudit
    Thanks @cursednocturne !
    @Orel That's an oddball one. You might want to head to Deaderpool's server for support - their general support area people might have seen this issue before

Broken Tools
    • Sims4Studio: CAS Section.

Broken Mods
    • most or all CAS sliders
    • Sims and Makeup Tones Fix (lilotea)

Updated Mods
    An explainer on skins
    The update has not removed any skintones from Sims. Nondefault replacement skintones normally accessed in the Skintone category are not available in CAS. Any nondefaults you access in Skin Details are still there. Default replacement skintones are still, from all reports so far and one (but only one, that I've seen as of last night, creator confirmation) still available as CAS Skintones but there may be no wrench icon on them in new UI.

CC Reported Fine by the Creator
    • mcrudd: all CC

Mod Reported Fine by the Creator
    • Kuttoe: all mods
    • Lumpinou: all mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FayesCannonFayesCannon Posts: 3 New Member
    Sims 4 Studio also can't function properly and seems to be awaiting an update.
  • Options
    @FayesCannon Is it something other than the CAS creation section you're having issues with? That's the only part I've got a report on so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Mods Reported Fine by Creator
    • Arnie: Brookheights
    • SHUSHU: all mods
  • Options
    Mods Reported Fine by Creator
    • MizoreYukii: All mods not above
  • Options
    Broken Mods
    • Slice of Life (KawaiiStacie): KS - SOL Subtle Height Difference file

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top