Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition Poll: restrict sims in Mt.Komorebi to residents & tourists

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    Yes!
    We should in general get to set which Sims get to appear in which neighborhoods.

By default Sims would only be able to travel to the neighborhoods within their world, but upon opening the household, you could manually set which neighborhoods in which worlds are "places of interest" to that Sim, allowing them to visit these places when they aren't the played household.
  • Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    Yes!
    On top of the above, we could set in the game settings which is used as the default – all worlds, or home world only.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Yes!
    After some play with this world I have to say... At least leave our playables alone. I do not mind NPC sims, but do not drag sims from actively played families.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    At least they could wear their alleged winter clothes. Prancing around in normal wear looks dumb.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes!
    I have to say that seeing the same random townies in the new world walking around was really weird to me. When I played, only one rental lot was available, all of the rest were occupied. So, maybe these townies were legitimately staying in the rental lot? Idk.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes!
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    After some play with this world I have to say... At least leave our playables alone. I do not mind NPC sims, but do not drag sims from actively played families.

Honestly yes this would at least be something! Cause I'd like to tell my own stories with these sims :/
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    No!
    I definitely understand why people want it restricted. Seeing the same Sims everywhere gets tedious. I kind of feel like the game chooses the same six Sims over and over to show up wherever my households go. Mixing it up more would make more sense to me.

For me personally, I create tons and tons of Sims for the purpose of seeing them around when I play one of my households. I want to bump into my own Sims in strange places. I just don't want the game dressing them or giving them jobs that don't make sense. So if I take my Fairies to go sledding and hiking and playing in the snow, I'm okay with them bumping into my pirates or Elves or whoever so they can make connections on their own. I don't want to dictate who they can potentially meet, I want the game to throw those circumstances at me and leave it up to chance.

I think maybe my play style might be a little different from the average Simmer, though. :s
    #Team Occult