Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else having problems with fast-foward/pause since the patch?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    @have2admit That sounds like a serious issue, the game crashing, I mean (the bug reports not counting, is an issue, but not exactly massive). I never try to save, whenever my game goes 'out of control' I usually hit pause (not always) and then hit esc and wait on the menu for it to pass. It's easily spotted because it's over once the red line of 'pause' appears around the screen. Sometimes I go to the gallery, but the issue is usually over once that is loaded. I don't find 'waiting' in build mode that useful, since you can't see the clock or if the game has finally gone to pause. Anyway, once it's over I just go on with my game, or save, if that's what I intended. - As to the Diana Sanders you know, that's not me ;) I'm from the Netherlands, I've never actually been to the US (assuming that's where you're from)

Back on topic: As for when the issue happens... In my game it's often moodlet related, but also before waking up or coming home from work. It also seems to happen often when I switch between normal speed and fast speed quickly or often (like, be on fast speed for three actual seconds, normal speed for half a second, then fast speed for two seconds etc - I tend to do that when my sims are in the shower or cooking, since the green timer around the queued action isn't all that accurate). So I try to avoid doing that, but of course it's so much a habit that it's impossible. It also happens a lot more in Oasis Springs than in Willow Creek. I also find it happening a lot when my sims are in the gym, or generally when the game has to generate a lot of things, like sims, movements, sounds. Does anyone recognise that or does it happen at different time in your games?

I guess I can add my experience here. I used to have the issue a little bit in one household, then after the basement patch I got it in all households (and mine all have basements), which made me realise that the first household was the only one with a pool when the issue started. For me it seems to happen most when someone is changing emotion or when I am getting a notification of any kind. I run the game on a toaster so just assumed it was a performance issue.
  • Options
    PaigeT6898PaigeT6898 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SimChao said:
    > Sometimes there's a delayed reaction when I press the buttons? It didn't happen before the patch. Also sometimes all sims on a lot will suddenly stop moving (but I can temporarily fix this by going into buy mode and then back to live mode)

I only have it when I push fast forward and then my game crashes :(
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top