Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm seriously celebrating with a Pizza Tonight.

I'm going all out tonight. I have a Zojirushi rice cooker, and I just washed and rinsed sushi rice to cook during my last hour of work. Once the rice cools down, I'm making homemade spicy tuna sushi rolls and a ramen package I found in the cupboard.

I also have some Japanese Kit-Kat bars on hand, too.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    My anti virus has VPN options but, I don't know why, I just prefer waiting until the proper release time.

Maybe it's from when I was a young teen and used to beg to be allowed to stay up til midnight on Xmas Eve and open presents and then go to bed. Totally left Xmas day flat and stale, would never do that ever again.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I'm seriously celebrating with a Pizza Tonight.

I'm going all out tonight. I have a Zojirushi rice cooker, and I just washed and rinsed sushi rice to cook during my last hour of work. Once the rice cools down, I'm making homemade spicy tuna sushi rolls and a ramen package I found in the cupboard.

I also have some Japanese Kit-Kat bars on hand, too.

That is so cool. Enjoy!!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am going to watch the forum to see if there are any new bugs before getting it. Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed :)
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    2m Til my download complete. I know I'm going to be crashing every 10m but I don't care. I don't know what to do first, try to change their clothes, move and edit with the new build stuff the house I've been prepping, or just move them and dive right into sledging with the toddler. Argggh.
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    2m Til my download complete. I know I'm going to be crashing every 10m but I don't care. I don't know what to do first, try to change their clothes, move and edit with the new build stuff the house I've been prepping, or just move them and dive right into sledging with the toddler. Argggh.

Hahaha that's the spirit :joy: We'll have our snowy escape, crashes or not, plummit. Have fun :D
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    How do you guys do that? Origin is acting weird. I preordered SE, and I think there might be a problem trying to download while connected to Japan? Using Windscribe.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    How do you guys do that? Origin is acting weird. I preordered SE, and I think there might be a problem trying to download while connected to Japan? Using Windscribe.

Idk I always use the Australia server via Windscribe, it's very stable. However remember:
    - First quit Origin completely
    - Turn on VPN
    - EP should be downloadable
    - Download

Then usually I put origin in offline mode and turn the vpn off but this time for some odd reason I had to leave it on for a bit because although it downloaded, when I started the game both Snowy Escape and Batuu (which I don't own) were invisible. Not greyed out, just gone. With VPN it worked fine. Tested again before turning my PC off just now and everything was there in offline mode again too. But there's definitely some weird stuff going on!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I use a different VPN but what I have to do is, make sure Im connected to the internet but do not have Origin open. Start the VPN and connect to Japan. THEN start origin. Go to the sims 4 page in my library and go to expac addon. It should be listed there as bought and available to download.
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    One hour... how to distract myself?
  • Options
    I've done all those steps, but Origin is too smart. It says my game is up to date.

• Options
    I've done all those steps, but Origin is too smart. It says my game is up to date.

Hmm strange 🤔 sorry it's not working! Can you also not click download next to the EP?
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Hmm strange 🤔 sorry it's not working! Can you also not click download next to the EP?

So I preordered for $39.99 and in Australia, it's $49.99. When I go to the store, I can purchase it for the Aussie price, but it won't download for the American price. Not even after right clicking the game in my library and manually updating.

Oh well. Guess I have to wait.

• Options

So I preordered for $39.99 and in Australia, it's $49.99. When I go to the store, I can purchase it for the Aussie price, but it won't download for the American price. Not even after right clicking the game in my library and manually updating.

Oh well. Guess I have to wait.

Hmm yes that might have something to do with it idk. Not long now though!
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    46 minutes to go!!
    :#
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Is this EP available yet here in the US? I am in Colorado. I purchased but only shows "Unlocked"
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    stewby wrote: »
    46 minutes to go!!

Wait is it available at midnight gmt+1?
  • Options
    Now I've wrecked Origin. It won't load at all now :(

• Options

It happens sometimes when you switch networks like this. Delete origin and reinstall it. Won't affect your saves at all :)
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    very soon ukers and western european players!!!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Hour and a half for me! I'm not gonna stay up but I'll be playing straight away tomorrow :)
  • Options

It happens sometimes when you switch networks like this. Delete origin and reinstall it. Won't affect your saves at all :)

Thanks, I got it fixed. :* I tried one last ditch effort, but my preorder still doesn't show because of the $10 difference. I guess this would be a good way to download early if you buy at another country's price.

• Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    stewby wrote: »
    46 minutes to go!!

Wait is it available at midnight gmt+1?

Available at 23:00 according to origin account.
    :)

16 minutes to go!!
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    edited November 2020
    7 minutes left :)
    *Obsessively checks time and refreshes Origin just in case* haha
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    4 mins