Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    My PS4 just downloaded and installed Snowy Escape. Now this wait is officially killing me.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    origin keeps saying that I'll end up getting it tomorrow which is a bit weird.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    dsef wrote: »

Do you live in the UK by any chance? You might get it a day early, as in 11 pm when it's midnight here. Or something similar for another region :)
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Do you live in the UK by any chance? You might get it a day early, as in 11 pm when it's midnight here. Or something similar for another region :)

I do live in the uk
  • Options

I do live in the uk

Then it makes sense, EPs always release midnight CET in our region (aka 11 pm GMT)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Love this, hate that my game keeps crashing?? I don't use any mods and this is a really good PC so idk what's going on? Anyone else had this issue? Think I'm just gonna go play Valhalla for a bit, since this is actually quite annoying ....

VoW5e8a.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,532 Member
    Love this, hate that my game keeps crashing?? I don't use any mods and this is a really good PC so idk what's going on? Anyone else had this issue? Think I'm just gonna go play Valhalla for a bit, since this is actually quite annoying ....

VoW5e8a.png

I hope they get an emergency patch out before Friday.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNZqdK5Zrhk

I am watching EnglishSimmer and just waiting for the EP now :) It is nice to just daydream a bit
  • Options
    edited November 2020

VoW5e8a.png

Yeah me too :( haven't heard this to be a widespread issue yet so I'm worried. I don't understand what's happening... Will make some food, then try again to get it to work.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

VoW5e8a.png

Yeah me too :( haven't heard this to be a widespread issue yet so I'm worried. I don't understand what's happening... Will make some food, then try again to get it to work.

it is there is already a bug thread for it with 64 me to already @SimTrippy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    my game crashed to after like 20 mins of play and I was like what just happened???
  • Options

VoW5e8a.png

it is there is already a bug thread for it with 64 me to already @SimTrippy

Yes figured that out about half an hour after I posted this. It sucks for the other people that they also have this issue but I'm actually happy about it. This way the fix will at least come faster 😅
  • Options
    Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    I played a few hours. Than the game crashed. I checked if there was still something saved. The last save was before I switched families. I lost 1 hour and 15 minutes. They have to fix this first. Because I don't like wasting my time and losing progress in my game. I guess I'm going to do something else than playing the sims for a while. Until they fix this.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Hallie22 wrote: »
    I played a few hours. Than the game crashed. I checked if there was still something saved. The last save was before I switched families. I lost 1 hour and 15 minutes. They have to fix this first. Because I don't like wasting my time and losing progress in my game. I guess I'm going to do something else than playing the sims for a while. Until they fix this.

Atleast they know about it and are looking into a fix

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i love the patch. only had 1 crash so far. but since patching i now have 3 babies added to my legacy and 1 engagement.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,795 Member

This link may help those of you who are having any type of issue. @dsef and @SimTrippy and @Hallie22 .. Plus, deleting your cache files and other files before you start the game is very important. Here is the link on how to do it which may help:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Sometimes even just removing your mods folder, repairing the game, going into the game, then leaving the game without saving, adding back your mods folder will also do the trick. But, one of the most important things I always do before playing the game which is listed on that link above is delete specific things.

Hope that helps. :smiley:

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Twenty four more hours to go!

The pagoda style home I designed is now ready to go. I also updated my Sim. Now I just need to see what new items are in CAS and Build/Buy so I can put the final touches on everything and start a new game.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    17 hours for me
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    This link may help those of you who are having any type of issue. @dsef and @SimTrippy and @Hallie22 .. Plus, deleting your cache files and other files before you start the game is very important. Here is the link on how to do it which may help:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Sometimes even just removing your mods folder, repairing the game, going into the game, then leaving the game without saving, adding back your mods folder will also do the trick. But, one of the most important things I always do before playing the game which is listed on that link above is delete specific things.

Hope that helps. :smiley:

Yup did all of that ;) I wasn't using any mods, repaired the game, removed cache, reset the game entirely, updated Windows, clicked me too on the bug report on Answers HQ, disabled my antivirus, tried save as, changed the sharing permissions, and pretty much any other fix that was suggested anywhere. Still crashes. It's not my PC or what I did or didn't do, it's clearly an issue with the patch. Not mad, just hope they fix it soon! Will be sharing my saves with them after work tonight.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,347 Member
    edited November 2020
    I just pre-ordered! Man, I can't wait to do some snowboarding! The last time I went snowboarding was back in 2008, and the gif below kinda shows what happened to me. I didn't see any rocks because they were hidden under a large lump of snow. I wanted to do a jump off of that lump of snow, but sadly the rocks that I didn't see stalled my board and I fumbled and instead of landing in the snow like this gif, I ended up landing and rolling on other rocks that I didn't see. It hurt, lol! I was frustrated and couldn't keep my focus and shortly after hitting the rocks, I lost my balance and fell getting a bunch of cold snow inside of my jacket, inside of my gloves, and all over my face. Needless to say, I wasn't having a good time anymore after all of that, lol!

giphy.gif
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    I just pre-ordered! Man, I can't wait to do some snowboarding! The last time I went snowboarding was back in 2008, and the gif below kinda shows what happened to me. I didn't see any rocks because they were hidden under a large lump of snow. I wanted to do a jump of that lump of snow, but sadly the rocks that I didn't see stalled my board and I fumbled and instead of landing in the snow like this gif, I ended up landing and rolling on other rocks that I didn't see. It hurt, lol! I was frustrated and couldn't keep my focus and shortly after hitting the rocks, I lost my balance and fell getting a bunch of cold snow inside of my jacket, inside of my gloves, and all over my face. Needless to say, I wasn't having a good time anymore after all of that, lol!

I pre-ordered it a few days ago. Can't wait!
    He/Him
  • Options
    1 Day Left!!!!!

We get to download at Midnight Tonight!!!! People in other time zones will get it Today!!!!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    23 hours & a half.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited November 2020
    1 Day Left!!!!!

We get to download at Midnight Tonight!!!! People in other time zones will get it Today!!!!

Sooo excited!
    He/Him
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    ouch @rjsim

Your gif reminds me of why I only ever tried snowboarding once and went immediately back to skiing which was safer (for me anyway-)