Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Okay as I'm watching this stream, one thing has become clear to me. I will make a Japanese witch that wears really traditional clothes and lives a calm life practicing magic, zen & meditation on the mountain, with her cat Nero. It's gonna be lit.

I was thinking the same about a vampire actually.
    Edit: Tho Belsebub is a better name for a cat ;)

Great minds lol. You do the vamp version, I do the witch version.

But I like Nero :( I know it doesn't fit but poor Nero isn't to blame. I am.

And I’ll be doing the mannequin version. :lol:

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    I’m super excited for the pre-patch:
    • Platforms
    • Halfwalls +
    • Sentiments
    • Updated simology panels.

@GracieO312 I do agree. I hope climbing the mountain alone is an option and not tied to a social event only.

ohh so the sentiments are indeed part of the patch?? that's good stuff

Yes. Sentiments are. Lifestyles are not.
    I believe some sentiments may be pack exclusive, but I didn’t catch that part.

Yes, some are pack exclusive.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I'm seriously happy that she likes the pack so much and that it's her favorite after Seasons - especially after disliking Batuu as much as I do :joy: I know it's just one person's opinion but a lot of what I saw in this review were things I really wanted that second opinion about.

I'm super excited about this pack. Just planned to take Friday afternoon off <3
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    Probably the best pack in the sims. Ever. It's a huge improvement from Star Wars. We went from *What the Hell* to *Oh my God this is great*

That's why I kept telling everyone to keep cool because awesomness is coming 🤭🤭🤭 and they gave us really concrete hints in knify knitting no one can deny.
    According to those babies and highschool is coming too! Super excited for the highschool

I agree that something may be coming regarding the school stuff, otherwise why give us school uniforms?

Because all students in Japan wear uniforms? I mean, I'll be glad if it's a hint, but most likely it's just a cultural thing, like removing shoes when entering a house. It's not a random stuff, it's not like school uniforms were included in Eco Lifestyle.

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Probably the best pack in the sims. Ever. It's a huge improvement from Star Wars. We went from *What the Hell* to *Oh my God this is great*

That's why I kept telling everyone to keep cool because awesomness is coming 🤭🤭🤭 and they gave us really concrete hints in knify knitting no one can deny.
    According to those babies and highschool is coming too! Super excited for the highschool

I agree that something may be coming regarding the school stuff, otherwise why give us school uniforms?

Because all students in Japan wear uniforms? I mean, I'll be glad if it's a hint, but most likely it's just a cultural thing, like removing shoes when entering a house. It's not a random stuff, it's not like school uniforms were included in Eco Lifestyle.

I wish we had the school uniform option in other worlds.
    I live nowhere near Japan, but School Kids over here wear very similar uniforms.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

I'm seriously happy that she likes the pack so much and that it's her favorite after Seasons - especially after disliking Batuu as much as I do :joy: I know it's just one person's opinion but a lot of what I saw in this review were things I really wanted that second opinion about.

She is one of my favorite Sim streamer personalities so I value her input (but just like Vixella and Deligracy) I love everything she does EXCEPT let's plays :).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

I wish we had the school uniform option in other worlds.
    I live nowhere near Japan, but School Kids over here wear very similar uniforms.

I would like that too, but only if it was optional in another worlds, or if we were able to design our own uniform.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Yes! More S-Pop music in the game, I'm so stoked to listen to the new pieces! :)
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Yes! More S-Pop music in the game, I'm so stoked to listen to the new pieces! :)

I keep forgetting that channel exists. But then I tend to only listen to Backyard, Holiday, and especially Summer Strut (because 90% of that channel is music I actually grew up with, and hearing "School's Out" in Simlish will always be awesome :) )
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    edited November 2020
    It was a good livestream..! I am halfway watching now.
    A lot of things became clear to me, and I am happy we get to have notifications of the festivals. ( I've NEVER seen an Island living festival.. :( Trying again ASAP, I do know what to look out for )

I haven't seen the platforms lowering though, but I am sure that we're able to.
    Post edited by Lisamango0 on
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member

Glad to hear that, Plumbella is so sweet and so funny. Probably the community favorite one, almost everyone likes her 💚💚💚
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I feel like this pack has a lot of animations. All of the winter activities were really nicely done. I really liked how they all socialized and autonomously stopped to take selfies and refer to the map when exploring. That was a nice touch to have that happen without having to be the one to direct them to do it.

And I'm super excited for the platforms, I gotta say! Some of build/buy items are super nice too, love that we get blinds that are "normal size" and not those monstrosity ones that we have in the game now.

And, the world looks fantastic. I am really impressed.

Also, I really liked how the sentiments look like they would work. The lifestyles are not something that I feel will make a big difference in gameplay. But the sentiments I think will.

Overall, I'm excited for this pack!
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2020
    Okay, this is kind of negative, but it's because I love this pack so much:

Am I the only one feeling SO annoyed this time by game changers getting to play the game 2 (!!!) weeks early and everybody just having to watch their fun and excitement? I feel left out of it all. Let's Plays suck when you can't play the game on your own...

Don't know, usually early access vids get me excited, but game changers never got it THIS early and I am really SO annoyed that I will have to wait so much longer even though I am a paying customer (and they get it for free anyway).
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am really happy about the outdoors exploring out up on the mountain!

Have a perfect sim for that, she is a military sim living in Strangerville who loves to do active stuff. Now I can send her on vacations to Sulani to sail, explore in the jungle and then do climbing and skiing. Just wish I had extra time for yet another save. Ha ha, luxury problem here but I have my eco living+Spellcasters-save and the Star Wars-save and now I want to start a 3:rd one.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I'm still hungry for more information abuot lifestyles and sentiments. I've seen a bit in videos already and they do seem like something that I will enjoy. I'm a little bit disappointed that the biggest effect seems to be moodlets which are so easily overridden, but I still have the feeling they will add to my game and make sims more interesting. As for gamechangers getting their copies early, I'm kind of used to it by now... and the sooner the embargo lifts, the sooner we will have info from them.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2020
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    I’m super excited for the pre-patch:
    • Platforms
    • Halfwalls +
    • Sentiments
    • Updated simology panels.

@GracieO312 I do agree. I hope climbing the mountain alone is an option and not tied to a social event only.

ohh so the sentiments are indeed part of the patch?? that's good stuff

Yes. Sentiments are. Lifestyles are not.
    I believe some sentiments may be pack exclusive, but I didn’t catch that part.

yep, there's more info here https://simscommunity.info/2020/10/30/whats-coming-in-the-sims-4s-november-update/
  • Options
    @Beardedgeek @quinhobp yes agreed, she's just super fun to watch! 💛
  • Options

Plus the fact that she without batting an eye called Eco Living "The Sims 4: Gentrification" ;)
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    so I was a little late today and just watched the livestream, what can I say?
    I love what I saw (and heard)!
    I also think it's great that Sentiments are in the patch/update for everyone, personally I feel like they are more important than the lifestyles anyway, finally we'll be able to hold grudges :smile:
    And the good kind of Sentiments too of course ;)

As for the rest, there is just too much goodness to list it all here, I just....I can't wait for Nov 13th.

All I gotta do now is get on with my game, so it will be winter when the pack comes out and one of my couples can celebrate winterfest and new years on their vacation (which is also when the proposal shall happen).

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    After today I forgave EA for everything, even Journey to Bawho. I love, I'm in love, I feel loved, my skin is glowing, I'm just so excited about Sims 4 again.

I was super duper scared that I would be disappointed about lifestyles and sentiments, but turns out I loved them. They will forever change the game for me. And of course, all the other great stuff. CAS and BB are a 10/10, the snow activities look super fun, hiking looks super fun, the mountain climbing looks dope, the new traits aren't tied to emotions, there's a new career. Yes I can sleep in peace xx luvs
  • Options

Plus the fact that she without batting an eye called Eco Living "The Sims 4: Gentrification" ;)

Lol yes 😂 it's just refreshing! Even on the relatively rare occasions where I disagree with her, she still makes me laugh.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited October 2020
    The CAS is awful (as expected), but I Ioved everything else. Can't wait to climb the mountain. :)
    He/Him
  • Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    so I was a little late today and just watched the livestream, what can I say?
    I love what I saw (and heard)!
    I also think it's great that Sentiments are in the patch/update for everyone, personally I feel like they are more important than the lifestyles anyway, finally we'll be able to hold grudges :smile:
    And the good kind of Sentiments too of course ;)

As for the rest, there is just too much goodness to list it all here, I just....I can't wait for Nov 13th.

All I gotta do now is get on with my game, so it will be winter when the pack comes out and one of my couples can celebrate winterfest and new years on their vacation (which is also when the proposal shall happen).

Sounds like it will be a lovely proposal! Will it be on top of the mountain?

Omg somehow while replying to you I was thinking of my all-time favorite hobby: building restaurants. I can't wait to build a restaurant in this world 🥰
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Okay, this is kind of negative, but it's because I love this pack so much:

Am I the only one feeling SO annoyed this time by game changers getting to play the game 2 (!!!) weeks early and everybody just having to watch their fun and excitement? I feel left out of it all. Let's Plays suck when you can't play the game on your own...

Don't know, usually early access vids get me excited, but game changers never got it THIS early and I am really SO annoyed that I will have to wait so much longer even though I am a paying customer (and they get it for free anyway).

I kinda agree. This should probably be discussed in a different thread, tho.
    He/Him
  • Options
    The CAS is awful (as expected), but I Ioved everything else. Can't wait to climb the mountain. :)

The CAS looks awesome, especially the hairstyles.
    Admittedly I am in the "If my Sims don't have daughters I go into Edit Household and make them a daughter and delete the Son" school of players. Or as someone else put it:

My female Sims are PERFECT, well educated, fit, intelligent, charming, with amazing hair.
    My Male sims are the father of my Sim babies and most likely actually not members of the household even.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top