Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE ONE & ONLY 'SNOWY ESCAPE' COMPLAINING THREAD!

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
[Edited-CM]

For the sake of the purpose of this thread, let's keep political comments out of here.
I think most know the purpose of this thread, but I will go ahead and copy the original text again:

WHAT IS THIS THREAD FOR?
An actual place for us simmers to only and freely be negative, complain, worry or whatever you want to call it about this new upcoming pack and be freed from other simmers who then 'complain' about the complainers. Got it?
So everything goes here. It does not matter whether we have all the information or not, that we just only saw a trailer or that we are just a bunch of 'whiners' as others like to call us. You are free to say whatever you want here. Get rid of what's on your chest and share your dark thoughts with other simmers. We DO NOT attack each others opinion no matter what it is or no matter how 'ridicule' or unconfirmed it may be. Let your frustrations on the loose :)
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Lifestyles are a bit on the underwhelming side so far. They don't appear to change the game all that much, look like traits you get when you make your Sim do some things that gravitate towards that.

Sentiments, sounds like a memory system of some sort. I do like to have some sort of "hey I remember this guy, he beat me up and said my mom was a llama before, man I'm still so angry at him" type system but we'll see how much that changes up, it could also be shallow as well.

The announcements talked about new traditional Japanese music, probably a new station. I was looking for an expanded S-Pop selection, what we have currently is so small, with like only four music and you'll hear the same ones again and again extremely quickly, even if I really enjoy their pieces. I mean, every update seems to add something new to the Pop and Alternative stations, so I don't see why we can't have more S-Pop music.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,346 Member
    I like what I'm seeing so far, just could do without Lifestyles & Sentiments. Especially the "locked" and "hidden" are huge red flags. I do not want to go through a series of motions just to "discover" that Yuki Behr likes to play games on her phone. And neither do I want my sim Hank to become a Health Nut just because his son Connor, the actual health nut, does the cooking at home. I know my sims and how they act/react, no need for a sticker to "prove" it. I mean, it would be nice to see them act mor in-character when the game controls them, but if the price is too constricting gameplay for fear of dropping out of the chosen lifestyle's range, then that is too high.

Remember Sims 2, when you had to cram Mechanic into your skull for college and suddenly a hobby maven welcomed you to the tinker fold? That was jarring, but Sims 4 is the least subtle of the family and might ramp the irritation up to eleven. Ever tried getting Juice Addict on your celebrity sim or avoiding Refined Palate without using cheats?

There better be a real tight safety net in form of unlock-and-equip cheats as well as the option to lock a given sim's lifestyles. And I don't even want to think about sentiments. With the A.I. being allowed to choose conversation topics for my active household sims that could go downhill very quickly.

I wish they'd reserved the personality improvements for a social pack, not the winter sports pack I have been waiting for so long.

Thanks for listening.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Thanks for opening a new thread! I have lots to complain about :D

As usual, the best stuff is coming in the patch: platforms, rentable lots in all worlds, and sentiments.
    What’s left in the pack is just fluff and recycled content from other packs.
    The only new content is skiing, sledding and snowboarding, but how many times can you watch the same animation over and over again?
    Bathhouses and zen are a rip-off from Spa Day.
    The Lifestyles look like glorified Traits and look boring.

People are just being fooled by the advertisement. It’s all just smoke and mirrors. People will complain about it after they spend $40.
    Island Living 2.0

so sentiments will be in the patch?? yes please
  • Options
    I mean, it would be nice to see them act mor in-character when the game controls them, but if the price is too constricting gameplay for fear of dropping out of the chosen lifestyle's range, then that is too high.

I felt exactly that with the fame points in Get Famous. I was forced to make my Sim go on their phone to update their status like every day, and so many times I had my fame drop, only for it to get back up again and they get all of the negative buffs associated with the constant drops in levels. I found that part of micromanaging to be tedious and unrewarding.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    So, I wish they would've truly created tons of NEW stuff that expanded Sims in this pack instead of recycling things from previous packs.

Having said that, this pack seems like it is a capstone EP that brings together disparate features from various packs into one pack.

And my one complaint is the drink the koolaid crowd - wah wah this is ONLY for positive and we determine what is positive -- wah wah this is only for negative don't say anything positive -- wah wah
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited October 2020
    One thing EA/Maxis is good at and that is hyping their products, But for me I do not see $40 as an value if features are locked to one pack and not throughout the whole game as creativity for me is stumped unlike the older versions which I could use features in other worlds and why some rather get the pack at reduced prices. However, I have to wait until EA/Maxis releases more info as their track record and their M.O. speaks for itself and I am getting an vibe that most features are locked to that pack.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited October 2020
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

As usual, the best stuff is coming in the patch: platforms, rentable lots in all worlds, and sentiments.
    The only new content is skiing, sledding and snowboarding, but how many times can you watch the same animation over and over again?

People are just being fooled by the advertisement. It’s all just smoke and mirrors. People will complain about it after they spend $40.
    Island Living 2.0

Yes, I believe they will be. Someone posted a description of it on another thread. They sound more interesting than Lifestyles, almost like a memory system.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2020
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

Island Living 2.0

Yes, I believe they will be. Someone posted a description of it on another thread. They sound more interesting than Lifestyles, almost like a memory system.

omg true, hopefully we get them in the patch
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2020
    @TamakiSakura84

I don't disagree, but let's show respect for the OP and avoid discussing the elephant in the room, and keep topic on non political complaining, so this thread doesn't get removed.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Island Living 2.0

Well then it's another EP that can wait til 50% off. What good is it aside from a new world and a few new activities? That game play trailer was extremely underwhelming.
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Very few new things. And vaccations world will be not residental now. :(:(:(
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2020
    meh, so we're back to the "delete the derailed threads" type of moderation that the forums had moved away from. Ah well.

So onto the complaints! After seeing today's trailer, I'm unimpressed. I am hoping that the traits will at least determine autonomous actions. It's too early to tell how shallow or deep they are. I can see mod potential for sure if it's possible to mod some in and if they do affect autonomous actions. NAPs had mod potential as well in theory, but apparently new ones really can't be modded in so yeah.

So the trailer really did nothing for me -- I'll wait for the reviews to come in. If lifestyles are just another way of making moodlets happen, that's an easy pass.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I'm disappointed that the whole original thread was deleted because of a few posts near the end of it, it had some really good points.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I Actually like what I see so far. Yes unfortunately there is recycled content like always in the sims 4 but it at least looks more complete than island living.

I will however complain about the previous two big packs journey to Batu and eco living which I don’t even know why they made?
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm still bitter about the lack of hotels and hospitality features in this so called "vacation" pack... the rental lots we currently have are NOT the same thing... and I'm sick of EA trying to make it seem like these are a proper substitution! I mean, how hard is it to give us actual hotels!? Sims 1 and 2 had them... Sims 3 even had resorts in 'Island Paradise'.

I want Sims 2 styled hotels and hospitality features!

Also, the fact that they basically ripped 'Seasons' by including snow and cold weather, is another huge peeve I'll never get over... something tells me the snow activities featured in 'Snowy Escape' were originally meant for 'Seasons', but were delayed for future profit.

Also, another thing about the gameplay trailer... EA is furthering their anti-gay male bias by featuring ANOTHER lesbian couple... I'm becoming annoyed by this. We only have ONE gay male couple in the game, while we have many lesbian couples... their bias is showing.

Also, EA is notoriously known to remove any negative criticism their packs get... it happens A LOT on these forums alone. Since the Star Wars pack didn't sell well (which should've been obvious from the start), they're strict about making sure 'Snowy Escape' and upcoming packs will sell, so they're likely censoring any negative feedback to this pack for the sake of protecting their profits.
    Post edited by Lustianicia on
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    So much for being inclusive. If you disagree, out you go!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited October 2020
    Also, another thing about the gameplay trailer... EA is furthering their anti-gay male bias by featuring ANOTHER lesbian couple... I'm becoming annoyed by this. We only have ONE gay male couple in the game, while we have many lesbian couples... their bias is showing.
    It kinda bothered me too. I like that they are including LGBT+ couples but after getting the Hecking family, we haven't had a male couple in over 2 years while we have four female ones (if the ones in the trailer are in the world). I'd like to have another premade male couple, and have them be parents for once.
  • Options
    I will however complain about the previous two big packs journey to Batu and eco living which I don’t even know why they made?

Journey to Batu, I get the huge amount of disappointment, but I thought Eco Living had quite a bit of neat ideas that I don't think were executed well. I wanted to see a trashy Willow Creek for starters.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    It kinda bothered me too. I like that they are including LGBT+ couples but after getting the Hecking family, we haven't had a male couple in over 2 years while we have four female ones (if the ones in the trailer are in the world). I'd like to have another premade male couple, and have them be parents for once.

Exactly my point. Thank you!

I obviously don't expect every single Sim to be gay or every couple to be representative of gay men, but the fact that we've only ever gotten ONE gay male Sim couple (without any children), while we've had several lesbian couples (all with children), is ridiculous. I don't think it's unreasonable to feel suspicious about this.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Wow, I'm surprised and disappointed to hear the original thread was deleted. But either way, the gameplay trailer was laughable to me. There was barely any gameplay shown. The voiceover had a lot of lore and stuff, but I wonder how much of that will actually be translated into gameplay. I read on Sims Vip that there will be a festival event for kids, which I guess is cool, but what else will they be getting? I want new gameplay for kids that isn't limited to one world. Not to mention gameplay for toddlers. And once again, I mean more than just sitting on a sled than an adult is controlling.

Also the lifestyles look no different than regular old traits to me. I'm really not sure what's supposed to be so special about them, and I'm going to need to see them in action to see that they're more than just adding moodlets.

I'm still not sure about the zen stuff. It really seems pointless to me. The hot springs and everything looks no different than the spa day relaxing stuff. I don't see why this is part of a snow vacation themed pack.

Overall, still not impressed.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't like most of EA's gay couples. I don't think they put much thought into them. The Heckings were only featured, IMO, because of their dogs.

How about a gay couple for the next big trailer. And put some thought into them the next time around. Maybe a gay guy that has a kid from being married but decided to come out and fell in love with a younger guy.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    As I said in the other thread this pack is perfect except for the fact that we didn't get hotels. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I can make a residential lot a rental now in Sulani as I will one of those premade houses but I still want hotels and more pool items.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    Wow, I'm surprised and disappointed to hear the original thread was deleted. But either way, the gameplay trailer was laughable to me. There was barely any gameplay shown. The voiceover had a lot of lore and stuff, but I wonder how much of that will actually be translated into gameplay. I read on Sims Vip that there will be a festival event for kids, which I guess is cool, but what else will they be getting? I want new gameplay for kids that isn't limited to one world. Not to mention gameplay for toddlers. And once again, I mean more than just sitting on a sled than an adult is controlling.

Also the lifestyles look no different than regular old traits to me. I'm really not sure what's supposed to be so special about them, and I'm going to need to see them in action to see that they're more than just adding moodlets.

I'm still not sure about the zen stuff. It really seems pointless to me. The hot springs and everything looks no different than the spa day relaxing stuff. I don't see why this is part of a snow vacation themed pack.

Overall, still not impressed.

It was shorter too. Most gameplay trailers are 2 minutes 30 seconds. This one was 1 minute.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    Well, I didn't think I would find a complaint, but the fact that Hotels or Resorts were not included in this pack counts as a complaint for me. I wish they had been.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top