The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape - Cool little details ^^

Post all your cool findings here - anything from clothes, new recipes to fun road signs!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited October 2020
    Post all your cool findings here - anything from clothes, new recipes to fun road signs!

Speaking of recipes I'm hoping this pack brings back hot chocolate from TS3 Seasons and we can make it at home.
  • Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member

Speaking of recipes I'm hoping this pack brings back hot chocolate from TS3 Seasons and we can make it at home.

Me too! 😃😍😊 And I’m so curious of all the new outfits!!
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,072 Member
    New winter clothes. Yay!

Same ugly painted-on fake gloves. Boo.

:D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member

Me too! 😃😍😊 And I’m so curious of all the new outfits!!

I hope we get some more soggins and scarfs and I hope the pet sweaters that didn't make it into Nifty Knitting made it into this pack.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Gimme kimonos and getas please! And lots of japanese recipes!

When it comes to the snowy part, I'm expecting hot chocolate, and ugly coats. I don't think skiing clothes look good so...
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    New winter clothes. Yay!

Same ugly painted-on fake gloves. Boo.

:D

We need a good selection of winter clothes for all ages, the spare handful we got with Seasons just wasn’t enough.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    @Pamtastic72 I agree! We need more outerwear for every age group. I have a lot of CC outerwear for toddlers and kids that I use, but I know a lot of players don't use CC so they need some great new stuff for their Sims.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I think it's great that children are featured in the teaser they released so far. We know at least one gameplay feature they can use! I really hope this is a sign that they know kids are just as important as young adults.
  • Options
    K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    > @WallSims4ever said:
    > Gimme kimonos and getas please! And lots of japanese recipes!

I always feel a bit uncomfortable using the clothing that is from a culture other than my own. I don't want to appropriate and I don't feel I know enough about a lot of cultures to play a realistic family without that feeling of playing to a stereotype. I'd be curious to know how others feel about this.
  • Options
    LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    I would like to see this expansion pack add severe blizzards, ice storms, and other severe winter weather events! That would make things more interesting! I would also like to see prolonged power outages, where sims can go several days without power in their homes!
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited October 2020
    @LeanneStrong57 Oh wow; you’re really passionate about this, aren’t you? (This is the second time that I’ve seen you make this same comment.)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

me too
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    > @WallSims4ever said:

I always feel a bit uncomfortable using the clothing that is from a culture other than my own. I don't want to appropriate and I don't feel I know enough about a lot of cultures to play a realistic family without that feeling of playing to a stereotype. I'd be curious to know how others feel about this.

That’s a really considerate way to play. For the record, if there is ever any overtly Australian or Greek Sims content, you have my permission to include and involve it anyway you like. I think it’s great to see people adopting cultures out of admiration, even if they’re not necessarily 100% accurate (to be honest, having a unique twist on tradition is an Aussie custom in itself!). Any Japanese players out there to help steer us in how to incorporate Japanese culture in game?
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    > @WallSims4ever said:

That’s a really considerate way to play. For the record, if there is ever any overtly Australian or Greek Sims content, you have my permission to include and involve it anyway you like. I think it’s great to see people adopting cultures out of admiration, even if they’re not necessarily 100% accurate (to be honest, having a unique twist on tradition is an Aussie custom in itself!). Any Japanese players out there to help steer us in how to incorporate Japanese culture in game?

I kind of feel like the Sims is my place to explore things that are different without the risk that I might offend someone. It certainly doesn't bother me if straight Simmers want to incorporate LGTBQ Sims into their game. Thinking out the life of someone from a different cultural group can be a learning experience.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    I prefer real good features and not gimped ones, not just items
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited October 2020

I definitely understand and respect that. I just think that if things are done in a respectful way, there's no problem. I would feel ok about using japanese-inspired items in The Sims first of all, because I have a great respect and admiration for their culture and second, because considering The Sims is a game (and not a very detailed one), no culture could be 100% portrayed, so the gameplay can never be perfectly accurate, even for a Japanese.

But I am indeed againts stereotypes and I understand that is a risk. I've never even touched the Islamic and Hanukkah items, because I know absolutely nothing about these religions/cultures. But with Japan, I feel like I can play a reasonably accurate family with the knowledge I have from watching lots of japanese movies and animes.

But that's great that you brought that up. I would love to hear how a Japanese feels about it.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,211 Member
    edited October 2020
    About stereotypes and not representing cultures correctly, etc... To be honest, I don't really see a problem there, at least not when I'm playing by myself. It's my personal game after all, only I am playing it, so I can make my sims as stereotypical (nor not) as I want. As a German, I often come across works of fiction that portray my people as the enemy because of our past, but that doesn't mean the person behind it thinks all Germans are... you know... the other N-word. It's a stereotype that definitely comes from somewhere, but not all stereotypes are bad, or lies. Many of them are based on some version of the truth, and you do sometimes see people that are basically walking stereotypes, so you might as well represent those every now and then.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I would like to see this expansion pack add severe blizzards, ice storms, and other severe winter weather events! That would make things more interesting! I would also like to see prolonged power outages, where sims can go several days without power in their homes!

This would be awesome😍😍😍😍. But this game never has any danger so I doubt it 😒😒😒 still wish we got the kraken
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I definitely understand and respect that. I just think that if things are done in a respectful way, there's no problem. I would feel ok about using japanese-inspired items in The Sims first of all, because I have a great respect and admiration for their culture and second, because considering The Sims is a game (and not a very detailed one), no culture could be 100% portrayed, so the gameplay can never be perfectly accurate, even for a Japanese.

But I am indeed againts stereotypes and I understand that is a risk. I've never even touched the Islamic and Hanukkah items, because I know absolutely nothing about these religions/cultures. But with Japan, I feel like I can play a reasonably accurate family with the knowledge I have from watching lots of japanese movies and animes.

But that's great that you brought that up. I would love to hear how a Japanese feels about it.

I wont speak for Japanese as I am not one but just from my experience interacting with a lot of east asians in real life (my best friends are from Vietnam and China) and in regarding sims, I interacted with many in the sims community though often times we had to use translators.

From my experience they are so "chill" cannot think of a more fitting word because that describes it exactly. I notice it's mainly americans more than others who seem to get so bent out of shape over culture, race and representation.
    The chill asians are literally in their own world. I've been to their asian exclusive site where I got all my Chinese cc from and they make their own authentic asian cc they share with eachother and just have fun with the game. They don't rage and roar over every little thing. And we have had some nice discussions.

They make the coolest stuff btw I even have a aquazip that looks like a 3 headed dragon from them lol.

And to be honest I don't think this is a big deal for them. I think most of them will absolutely love it, some may not and some would be neutral.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,522 Member
    Here are some little details I noticed in the trailer

- sims sitting on the floor instead of on chairs while eating at the table (at 1.07 in the trailer)
    - a sim bows as a greeting (at 0.18)
    - possibly a new tent (at 0.37)
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited October 2020
    There's a new wall shower (at 0:45) that looks more modern than the DU one and also a new modern fireplace (at 1:07).

EDIT: Also I just noticed there is something that seems to be a heater at 1:07 as well.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,530 Member

I wont speak for Japanese as I am not one but just from my experience interacting with a lot of east asians in real life (my best friends are from Vietnam and China) and in regarding sims, I interacted with many in the sims community though often times we had to use translators.

From my experience they are so "chill" cannot think of a more fitting word because that describes it exactly. I notice it's mainly americans more than others who seem to get so bent out of shape over culture, race and representation.
    The chill asians are literally in their own world. I've been to their asian exclusive site where I got all my Chinese cc from and they make their own authentic asian cc they share with eachother and just have fun with the game. They don't rage and roar over every little thing. And we have had some nice discussions.

They make the coolest stuff btw I even have a aquazip that looks like a 3 headed dragon from them lol.

And to be honest I don't think this is a big deal for them. I think most of them will absolutely love it, some may not and some would be neutral.

You're so right, Americans are always crazy outraged on behalf of other cultures, lol. It's so embarrassing. I'm from the Northeast U.S. and I see it every day. People need to learn to listen more, get a grip, shut their traps, and mind their own backyard. That's right, I said it. Other Americans can fight me. :p

But that Chinese CC sounds awesome! I've gotten content from a couple of Asian sites and it's always really detailed and creative. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

You're so right, Americans are always crazy outraged on behalf of other cultures, lol. It's so embarrassing. I'm from the Northeast U.S. and I see it every day. People need to learn to listen more, get a grip, shut their traps, and mind their own backyard. That's right, I said it. Other Americans can fight me. :p

But that Chinese CC sounds awesome! I've gotten content from a couple of Asian sites and it's always really detailed and creative. <3

I have said it before when talking about European cultures; my experience is that most Americans see everything in black and white. They don't get that Polish, Estonian and Albanian cultures are different despite being "white" while at the same time get super annoyed when New Zeeland natives actually aren't "black enough" yet identify as "black" (confusing "black" with African American). And so on (actual twitter convo I've had a few times when someone attacks a person from NZ with "black" in their twitter bio) or attacking the Harry Potter movies for not being racially diverse enough (despite having a rather fair amount of POC compared to what Britain actually has which is NOT the same percentages as America).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2020
    > @WallSims4ever said:

There is no such thing as "cultural appropriation". It's okay to play, wear, and use things from other cultures. As long if you're respectful. People from other countries are okay, and usually happy when you do things that are in their culture.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,530 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I have said it before when talking about European cultures; my experience is that most Americans see everything in black and white. They don't get that Polish, Estonian and Albanian cultures are different despite being "white" while at the same time get super annoyed when New Zeeland natives actually aren't "black enough" yet identify as "black" (confusing "black" with African American). And so on (actual twitter convo I've had a few times when someone attacks a person from NZ with "black" in their twitter bio) or attacking the Harry Potter movies for not being racially diverse enough (despite having a rather fair amount of POC compared to what Britain actually has which is NOT the same percentages as America).

It's mostly ignorance (and some arrogance). We don't even make it mandatory to learn a second language. I think the US could use some brushing up in the education system. The U.S. is like the youngest sibling who thinks it knows everything but in truth knows very little about hardly anything but likes to scream about it anyway. :D
    #Team Occult