Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't find my butler

When I first hired him I saw him, but after a few Sim days I can't find him and you can't fire him unless done in person.

I hired both the butler and a maid and my house still wasn't being cleaned.

Anyone else have their butler dissapear - and no he didn't quit.

Comments

• Options
    rkitten90rkitten90 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Mine disappeared after about 10 sim days but I was able to hire a new one over the phone, seemed like maybe he'd aged up which had forced him to leave but I got no message saying he'd gone. Sounds like you're having a slightly different problem though, others seem to have reported a similar thing but I'm not sure there's a solution till a new patch is brought out :?
  • Options
    patspantryplayerpatspantryplayer Posts: 498 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm thinking of moving my Sim and maybe he will no longer be condisered hired, just like the maids.
  • Options
    ItchyNoodleItchyNoodle Posts: 188
    edited November 2010
    Maybe because you didn't communicate with him that much he just quit on his own? D:
    But that's just me even though you said that he didn't quit..
  • Options
    CheeezeyCheeezey Posts: 120 Member
    edited November 2010
    I had a problem in my game that the butler's bed would un-set if I had to close and restart the game. I didn't realize that happened and my butler just disappeared. It turned out he left because he thought he no longer had a bed. You might have to check your bed, set it, and possibly re-hire your butler if that's the problem.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can't hire another butler, since I can't fire the one I have unless I find him. He had a bed and his own bathroom. The last time I saw him he was sitting in front of the fire reading. Then I realized that the house wasn't being cleaned and couldn't find him.
  • Options
    CheeezeyCheeezey Posts: 120 Member
    edited November 2010
    Did you try resetsim on your butler? If that kicks him off your lot, you may be able to call him and fire him. Alternately, does it give you the option to cancel service if you "call for services" for the butler?
  • Options
    LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, my butler went missing a long time ago :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    edited November 2010
    The butlers are most likely leaving because their relationships are decreased dramatically with the sims. For some reason now when your not playing another family they don't take care of their needs or go to work and they probebly don't keep up the relationship with the butlers so the butlers leave. I think a bug is causing this issue. Even in clubs sims your not playing pee on themselves and say thier hungry but won't eat.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    well I moved my sim into a new house and she was able to hire a new butler - I may take his kitchen away as when I ask him to cook he always goes there
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited November 2010
    I now have had 2 butlers, that have just disappeared into thin air (their cars simply disappear too from out the front of the house). I am still paying both of them 1200 each oer week even though they are not here lol. I thought it might be cause they aged up as they are not in their uniform??? (in the friends panel) it will let me hire another, but I dont want to waste the money as I know I will then have to pay for three and keep paying for the rest of their lives??? LOL I am only laughing on the inside, this is really quite annoying. I would try the bed thing?? although it just resets and now it's nobody's bed.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited November 2010
    My butler worked a couple of days then disappeared, but his car was still parked in the front on the street. I couldn't rehire a Butler because my game thought I already had one. I had to resetsim in order to get rid of his car and his invisible self. After that I was able to hire a Butler again and he came back.
  • Options
    becki_junebecki_june Posts: 27
    edited November 2010
    I have had the same problem numerous times even when the butler and my sim have been friends and he has had a bed.
  • Options
    SophieMarieSophieMarie Posts: 135 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I had this problem too, but I fixed it (well, I fired the butler and that fixed my butler problem anyway). He disappeared on me and I couldn't find him. Then one of my sims caught fire and one of those messages came up in the upper right hand corner from the butler saying he was going to call the fire department. I clicked on the message where his face was and I was sent to the gym where my butler was in plain clothes running on a treadmill. I watched him for several sim days and he never left the gym and didn't do a lick of work. So finally I sent my sim to the gym and had him fire the butler.

So it's possible that your butlers are in the town in plain clothes doing their own thing. Wait until a message comes up from them (light someone on fire if you have to) and then click on the message where the butler's face is. It'll take you to where your errant butler is. I hope this bug is fixed soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I took away his kitchen so he only cooks in the main one now and my sim has gotten verrrryyy friendly with him. She found him reading on her bed so she cuddled, then kissed, then made out, but he did not go for the woo hoo, but I don't think he's going any where
  • Options
    Lynds356Lynds356 Posts: 578 Member
    edited November 2010
    You can try resetting the butler (this cancels them) or making them an enemy by using testingcheatsenabled true and moving the relationship bar into the red - apparently this makes them quit so you can hire another one tho I haven't used it yet. I had a problem with my butler not sleeping in her assigned bed but fixed it by replacing the bed with a new one.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    A slight bump but ran into this issue myself just now. Butler had vanished and didn't know where they went. Thankfully I use nraas master controller, and focused on her, she was literally across the street crashing at a neighbor's house and never leaving. So had my sim go over, and fired her and she got replaced immediately with a new butler that immediately started cleaning the house up. So yeah turns out the disappearing butler, likely went to a neighbor's home and decided to stay there, and nothing I did would make them return to work so firing them is the only option to fix it.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top