Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poorly decorated buff???

I downloaded a house off the gallery and decorated all the rooms and all of my sims have the poorly decorated buff. I know it's not my decorating skills. I never have this problem. Any solutions to this problem? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I found that my sims got this if I used plain paint (the white one), so I think its for particular paint choices. When I changed the paint to a different one, or used wallpaper then the buff went away. REALLY annoying when a plain white wall is perfect for a modern style house, all my sims were uncomfortable :/
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This buff was the worse thing they added. I wouldn’t mind if it was limited to snobs and materialistic sims to make them more unique.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Personally I love it. The game is so pathetically easy as it is.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member

I know what you mean, but I really dislike that we cant have plain white walls without sims being uncomfortable. It's a design decision that shouldnt really affect sims. Maybe if there was a trait where sims liked lots of colour, or materialistic sims needed expensive decor or something, it would feel like a challenge, and like there was a purpose to design choices that would suit some sims and not others? But to generically have all sims dislike plain white walls just seems annoying.
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    This buff was the worse thing they added. I wouldn’t mind if it was limited to snobs and materialistic sims to make them more unique.

I agree. Sims are affected enough as it is by their environment & decorations. All it does is make your sims permanently upset if you go with a certain design choice. Would make much more sense for snob sims.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    If a bit of floor or wall is unpainted, this buff will immediately come up. That's the first thing I always check.

I didn't know about the white paint doing the same thing, so I'm glad I stopped in here.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    white paint shouldnt cause the buff. if thats how they decided to do it then it doesnt go with real life cuz a lot of people have plain white walls. its a normal style of house so it should be fine in the sims. snobs not liking it is fine. i havent had plain white walls in a house for a bit so i havent noticed if the buff is there. maybe i will test it out sometime.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I like the buff, reminds me of the TS3 buff.
  • Options
    asimbsim wrote: »

I know what you mean, but I really dislike that we cant have plain white walls without sims being uncomfortable. It's a design decision that shouldnt really affect sims. Maybe if there was a trait where sims liked lots of colour, or materialistic sims needed expensive decor or something, it would feel like a challenge, and like there was a purpose to design choices that would suit some sims and not others? But to generically have all sims dislike plain white walls just seems annoying.

Plain white walls or undercoated walls SHOULD give a cheap impression. After all that's what they symbolizes. If you want white walls, use a white wallpaper instead. Same effect, shows you put some money into it.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Ridiculous. Sorry, but a personal preference like wall color should not be the deciding factor behind how well a room is decorated.
    @Beardedgeek why should a white wall be seen as cheap?? Disliking a color doesn't make it cost less or less well made. I could just as easily say poo brown walls should be seen as dirty even though I call it poo brown and someone else might call it mocha...
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Ridiculous. Sorry, but a personal preference like wall color should not be the deciding factor behind how well a room is decorated.
    @Beardedgeek why should a white wall be seen as cheap?? Disliking a color doesn't make it cost less or less well made. I could just as easily say poo brown walls should be seen as dirty even though I call it poo brown and someone else might call it mocha...

There is a difference between (IRL) a cheap layer of white or eggshell that you have in a rental because it is literally a color that won't offend anyone and will go with anything (and you, as tenant, has by contract been forbidden to paint over or change) and a high quality light (or bright white) paint that is a deliberate choice to contrast against bright / dark furniture (or cause snowblindness by having light furniture as well; I am not a fan of white walls and white furniture IRL). I assume the Sims team had the first option in mind when implementing this.

HOWEVER I don't think it has to do with COLOR at all in the game, but PRICE. Cheap colors cause "Bad decoration". It's all about the money. An expensive light color does not cause it.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    The Basic dark/light/pastel paints don't have any gain or loss. Only ones in the Paint category to have environmental loss are 2 from CL (Faded Memories and "Mold"ed Baseboard) and of course the Drywall. Most others have gain or gives industrial. Doesn't matter what colour you pick.

To be honest, my sim didn't even mind the plain Drywall. I had him stay in a room for a few hours, and he didn't care. Don't know if traits have anything to do with it. I'd be surprised if it does, though. It bothered ME more than him, if I'm honest, I don't like plainly painted walls, especially white. I find it boring.
  • Options
    cassieososassiecassieososassie Posts: 313 Member
    Thank you all for your replies. :)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I turned off decoration buffs with the Meaningful Stories mod. It's one of the best things I ever did.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    They must have tuned the buff from decorations quite a bit. I have a sim who's doing Archeology right now, and he got a lot of excellent and rare relics, which I display in the room he's working in. As far as I've seen, he doesn't even get the "Decorated" moodlet, even with all those relics and paintings on the walls too.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    My sims always get this one in one of the gyms I send them too. So, I don't do a thing to change it because they aren't there for the decor! >:)
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've never got this buff but I tend to use the plain wall colours with the skirting board and top. That seems to work. I only use the patterned walls for accent walls or for kids' bedrooms.
  • Options
    Nat90sNat90s Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! I do have the same issue and changing the white walls didn’t fix it. It seems to happen randomly as well...
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Is this new decorated buff part of a patch or pack?

Sorry to ask been out of the loop for months with this game updates.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    TO be honest I think that the issues is in WORDING, not the moodlet itself. MILDLY decorated would be more appropriate.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.