Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Hello!!!
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,649 Member
    I'm participating in a One Week Portrait Class thing and today, we're learning to do sketches. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

iau1WWb.jpg
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    DeKay wrote: ยป
    I'm participating in a One Week Portrait Class thing and today, we're learning to do sketches. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

iau1WWb.jpg
    Hi everyone
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi mintycupcake Hi bellagorilla ! I'm back to studying, but all my courses are online. So, it's been a bit overwhelming. Other than that, I've been well.

Also Minty, I think I recognize those Serendipity books. I think my elementary school library had them. Can't recall reading much of them, but the dragon in the upper left hand corner rings a bell.

I'm glad to hear your classes are online, much safer that way.

They're nice little books. I always really liked the art. ๐Ÿฅฐ

They're all fables, right? If I remember correctly...

Yes, they did! I should go look for mine, I wonder how they've aged. :grimace: I can think two that I had that were about being overweight where the solutions given to the critters were just stop eating junk/eat less and exercise more, you pathetic tub of lard. ๐Ÿ™„
    I'm so stressed, the air quality is getting worse not better like it was predicted to. The cats are already so upset about being in for two days, I don't think they could handle a third.

Is it because of the fires. My god, it's nightmarish, seeing the pictures online. I hope you're safe!

Yes, although the smoke here is coming fr fires in California and Oregon. And possibly Eastern Washington? We're fairly safe here, although there was a fire in the county. It was contained relatively quickly though. I actually just stepped outside and it doesn't seem particularly bad, so I'm a little confused.

Ah boy...instilling low self-esteem and body issues before you've barely learned how to read. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Well, I'm glad you're in a safe area, fire-wise. It's so scary.

Ooooook, I was not prepared for this. One of the fatty books, Frazzle has the morale printed on the front as "Children need care - even before they are born." And it's about this fat, lazy bird who won't care for her egg, but instead of going out and living her best childless by choice life, she randomly starts crying one (?) And the other birds are like there, there, stop eating sweets and start walking "For you are what your baby will become." Why is this in a book that's supposed to be for preschool - 2nd grade? But the best part is the dedication "Dedicated to the March of Dimes Campaign for Healthier Babies- from the conquest of polio to the fight against birth defects, more than 50 years of caring."

That's right folks, if you'd just taken better care of yourself during your pregnancy, you wouldn't be stuck with that deformed preemie.

And from Catundra ( Healthy food and exercise keep you well in body and mind) " 'Cat, he said, 'you're going about this all wrong. Rather than eating, you should go on a diet and get yourself in shape. If you're not fat, then nobody can make fun of you, and if they don't make fun of you, you won't be miserable and if you're not miserable you won't want to eat."
    It's all so simple! And no, it's totally fair of the other forest animals to treat you as subhuman (subcat?) and make down right cruel remarks. You're fat, they're just stating the facts when they say "We'd better run away because fat Catundra might waddle over here and sit on us!"

I need a drink.

Sounds like those wacky Christians that told my mother she "sinned like the devil" during pregnancy with my brother, and that's why he's type 1 diabetic and nearly died...right :unamused:

Yeah, this isn't a blatantly Christian series, but it sure does make me wonder... Very moralistic, at any rate.

Bruh. That's heavy for a kids' book. Also that's awful those people said that to your mom, Bella. :(

Also, kids can be really cruel. If you're fat, they'll make fun of (or shun) you. If you're not, they'll make fun of you for other reasons. I've heard of studies with little kids (especially girls) are developing body issues as ever-younger ages (like, 6-year-olds being worried about dieting). Stories like that certainly don't help.

The good things is, is that there seems to be more children's media about self-love, health and wellness, and acceptance without shame these days. I'm glad there's more of that stuff now.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I am playing fortnite
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I have an unpopular opinion... Naps are dumb.
    YES, NAPS ARE DUMB.
    Naps are dumb :unamused:

tenor.gif

No amount of reaction gifs can change my mind.
    I mean, people always say that they're great, but whenever I take a nap I wake up feeling even more tired, unmotivated and constantly getting upset at everything. And it takes me like, 3 or 4 hours to bounce back. I don't get it.

It sounds like you're taking too long of a nap. How long do you sleep for?

How long are your naps?

They usually end up being an hour?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    YES, NAPS ARE DUMB.

tenor.gif

I mean, people always say that they're great, but whenever I take a nap I wake up feeling even more tired, unmotivated and constantly getting upset at everything. And it takes me like, 3 or 4 hours to bounce back. I don't get it.

How long are your naps?

Naps are boring
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Rise and shine! :)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Rise and shine! :)

I have been awake for 12h now
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi mintycupcake Hi bellagorilla ! I'm back to studying, but all my courses are online. So, it's been a bit overwhelming. Other than that, I've been well.

Also Minty, I think I recognize those Serendipity books. I think my elementary school library had them. Can't recall reading much of them, but the dragon in the upper left hand corner rings a bell.

Yes, they did! I should go look for mine, I wonder how they've aged. :grimace: I can think two that I had that were about being overweight where the solutions given to the critters were just stop eating junk/eat less and exercise more, you pathetic tub of lard. ๐Ÿ™„
    I'm so stressed, the air quality is getting worse not better like it was predicted to. The cats are already so upset about being in for two days, I don't think they could handle a third.

Is it because of the fires. My god, it's nightmarish, seeing the pictures online. I hope you're safe!

Yes, although the smoke here is coming fr fires in California and Oregon. And possibly Eastern Washington? We're fairly safe here, although there was a fire in the county. It was contained relatively quickly though. I actually just stepped outside and it doesn't seem particularly bad, so I'm a little confused.

Ah boy...instilling low self-esteem and body issues before you've barely learned how to read. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Ooooook, I was not prepared for this. One of the fatty books, Frazzle has the morale printed on the front as "Children need care - even before they are born." And it's about this fat, lazy bird who won't care for her egg, but instead of going out and living her best childless by choice life, she randomly starts crying one (?) And the other birds are like there, there, stop eating sweets and start walking "For you are what your baby will become." Why is this in a book that's supposed to be for preschool - 2nd grade? But the best part is the dedication "Dedicated to the March of Dimes Campaign for Healthier Babies- from the conquest of polio to the fight against birth defects, more than 50 years of caring."

That's right folks, if you'd just taken better care of yourself during your pregnancy, you wouldn't be stuck with that deformed preemie.

And from Catundra ( Healthy food and exercise keep you well in body and mind) " 'Cat, he said, 'you're going about this all wrong. Rather than eating, you should go on a diet and get yourself in shape. If you're not fat, then nobody can make fun of you, and if they don't make fun of you, you won't be miserable and if you're not miserable you won't want to eat."
    It's all so simple! And no, it's totally fair of the other forest animals to treat you as subhuman (subcat?) and make down right cruel remarks. You're fat, they're just stating the facts when they say "We'd better run away because fat Catundra might waddle over here and sit on us!"

I need a drink.

Sounds like those wacky Christians that told my mother she "sinned like the devil" during pregnancy with my brother, and that's why he's type 1 diabetic and nearly died...right :unamused:

Yeah, this isn't a blatantly Christian series, but it sure does make me wonder... Very moralistic, at any rate.

Bruh. That's heavy for a kids' book. Also that's awful those people said that to your mom, Bella. :(

Also, kids can be really cruel. If you're fat, they'll make fun of (or shun) you. If you're not, they'll make fun of you for other reasons. I've heard of studies with little kids (especially girls) are developing body issues as ever-younger ages (like, 6-year-olds being worried about dieting). Stories like that certainly don't help.

The good things is, is that there seems to be more children's media about self-love, health and wellness, and acceptance without shame these days. I'm glad there's more of that stuff now.

And I didn't even mention the ones about domestic violence and using drugs :joy:

Yeah, kids are awful. I had a friend whose younger half sister was bullied for being tall and skinny. It started with calling her the carrot as a child (she's not even a redhead) and turned into saying she had an eating disorder when they were older. There is no winning, so the correct response isn't to change (or try to change) what people make fun of you for, but to stop bullying.

I read on the author's wiki that at some point he edited them, which I'm assuming is the polite way of saying that he changed some of the stories that didn't age well.
    YES, NAPS ARE DUMB.

tenor.gif

How long are your naps?

So the key to napping is to not sleep so long you enter the REM stage of sleep. That's what makes you groggy. If you lay down to take a nap, try setting an alarm for 20-30 minutes.
    ๐ŸŒปI'm not a cat.๐ŸŒป
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member

I need a drink.

And I didn't even mention the ones about domestic violence and using drugs :joy:

Yeah, kids are awful. I had a friend whose younger half sister was bullied for being tall and skinny. It started with calling her the carrot as a child (she's not even a redhead) and turned into saying she had an eating disorder when they were older. There is no winning, so the correct response isn't to change (or try to change) what people make fun of you for, but to stop bullying.

I read on the author's wiki that at some point he edited them, which I'm assuming is the polite way of saying that he changed some of the stories that didn't age well.
    YES, NAPS ARE DUMB.

tenor.gif

How long are your naps?

So the key to napping is to not sleep so long you enter the REM stage of sleep. That's what makes you groggy. If you lay down to take a nap, try setting an alarm for 20-30 minutes.

Guess those books covered a lot, huh?

If the author edited them, I wonder if that means they're still in publication?

• Options

I need a drink.

YES, NAPS ARE DUMB.

tenor.gif

How long are your naps?

Guess those books covered a lot, huh?

If the author edited them, I wonder if that means they're still in publication?

I found one that is still available on Amazon currently, I didn't look for others.
    ๐ŸŒปI'm not a cat.๐ŸŒป
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    YES, NAPS ARE DUMB.

tenor.gif

*nods* same, same.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Why didn't I see a "new posts" tag here even when there was?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Space.
    The final frontier.
    These are the voyages of the Starship ENTERPRISE.
    Its 5 year mission - to seek out new life forms, before the 5 year warranty expires! :lol:

(Also, to try and make Spock laugh!)

"Mr. Sulu, ahead Warp 8!"
  • Options
    Where everybody at...
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Space.
    The final frontier.
    These are the voyages of the Starship ENTERPRISE.
    Its 5 year mission - to seek out new life forms, before the 5 year warranty expires! :lol:

(Also, to try and make Spock laugh!)

"Mr. Sulu, ahead Warp 8!"

Before the 5 year warranty expires :joy::joy::joy:
    Where everybody at...

...doing homework...or, procrastinating but I should be doing homework...
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    68 left !

Slaying it, y'all! :+1:
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    It took nearly two hours, but I finally got Eli back in the yard and was then able to get him back home.

https://youtu.be/m_MaJDK3VNE
    Post edited by mintycupcake on
    ๐ŸŒปI'm not a cat.๐ŸŒป
  • Options
    Go go go!
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    It took nearly two hours, but I finally got Eli back in the yard and was then able to get him back home.

https://youtu.be/m_MaJDK3VNE

That's good to hear :3
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    Ugh I feel like trash from being out in the smoke for so long.
    ๐ŸŒปI'm not a cat.๐ŸŒป
  • Options
    Y'all, we need to celebrate when I reach 66 666 posts.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Y'all, we need to celebrate when I reach 66 666 posts.

You'll be the ultimate devil child then, huh? :tongue:
    7dW3gu7.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top