Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Thank you for sharing your feedback @MaggieMarley! It was interesting to read. I’m genuinely sorry you didn’t enjoy the pack.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I don't have the game pack yet because other fandoms I follow take precedence over a Sims Game Pack which I can get at a lower price around the winter holidays. That is when I'll buy this pack. Kicks Journey to Batuu to the side and says wait in line forcing the pack at the end of a very long line.

There are a ton of issues with occults in the game. I only play occults and I hate when there are issues in the game that make the game almost unplayable for occult sims.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    They said that there are 50 missions and that sounds very impressive. But then you realise that all of the missions are just different combinations of the same few interactions and those interactions aren't all that interesting.

Lol yes that is exactly what it looked like from the start.

Thanks for posting your feedback, it's unfortunate you regret your purchase, but it's good people are open about sharing their thoughts! Tbh even those that looked forward to it and enjoy it ALL seem to have issues with it. And we all know, none of those issues are accidents that will be solved. This world and its missions are all just set dressing, through and through, and it lays bare SO many of the inherent flaws of TS4.

Have you seen many complaints? I see mainly “this is the best game ever!! I’m having SO much fun!!!”
    It’s very convincing 😉
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Does anyone else find it strange that this game pack goes out of its way to distinguish itself from the latest rebranding style of all the other packs?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2020
    EdithV wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    They said that there are 50 missions and that sounds very impressive. But then you realise that all of the missions are just different combinations of the same few interactions and those interactions aren't all that interesting.

Lol yes that is exactly what it looked like from the start.

Thanks for posting your feedback, it's unfortunate you regret your purchase, but it's good people are open about sharing their thoughts! Tbh even those that looked forward to it and enjoy it ALL seem to have issues with it. And we all know, none of those issues are accidents that will be solved. This world and its missions are all just set dressing, through and through, and it lays bare SO many of the inherent flaws of TS4.

Have you seen many complaints? I see mainly “this is the best game ever!! I’m having SO much fun!!!”
    It’s very convincing 😉

Actually yes but it's usually more like

"I'm enjoying it
    [... LIST OF REASONS...]

But I have to admit, I don't like x ...

Also, z annoys me, y zeems broken. Oh, and I hope they patch this too.

But overall I have fun!!"

And I find this line of statements more with this pack than I've ever seen it before. Usually when I'm in the honeymoon phase of a new pack, I don't already have like 5-10 things I wish they'd change, patch, are broken or very dislikable.

I'm especially baffled at posts a la
    "It's great. Then they went to a rabbit hole, another rabbit hole. I guess they ate so it must have been a restaurant rabbit hole".

And all I can think is .. didn't you start with "I like the pack"??? This pack is just weird.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it strange that this game pack goes out of its way to distinguish itself from the latest rebranding style of all the other packs?

What do you mean?
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

Yes the full graphic cover art and JTB logo 79x the size of the TS4 logo is very noticeable! Almost makes it look like a spinoff...
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member

Yes and it bothers me greatly. It’s not even subtle, they wanted this pack to stand apart... And I mean, it does, just not in the way I think the gurus had hoped 😬
  • Options
    sumthinspecial31sumthinspecial31 Posts: 15 Member
    I’ve been playing the Sims since The 1st Sims came out, I have All if Sims 2, All of Sims 3, and have all of Sims 4, except for Journey to Batuu. This is the first time I haven’t bought a pack for my Sims collection. If they continue down this path of ignoring the faithful Sims player’s I won’t be spending anymore of my hard earned money on this game and it’s makes me so sad. Paralives is a game still being created but it looks promising that’s where my money is going to be going.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It's weird how people complain rabbit holes in sims 3,but praise it in Sims 4.
    Haha I was always one of those rare weird people who loved the rabbit holes in sims 3. They were so pretty! And I could send a sim off to one of them while I played with another.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Haha I was always one of those rare weird people who loved the rabbit holes in sims 3. They were so pretty! And I could send a sim off to one of them while I played with another.

I feel they're a much bigger benefit in an open world since you can indeed continue doing stuff with your other sims. To some extent you can do this in TS4 too of course but it's a lot more limited and it feels less organic. In TS3, I like knowing my sims kids are at school, while the teen is out watching a movie, the dad is at his rabbit hole job and the mom working in the garden. Yes, they're mostly rabbit holes but it feels different than TS4 rabbit holes, because of how the world is structured. So I never minded them in 3 either but I like them a lot less in 4 (university aside maybe). Definitely not a whole pack dedicated to them haha.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2020

We have always had them in every sims game to

I do like them in the sims 3 to, made the towns look more real.

some in 4 are okay.

Personally I feel we still lack so many active careers in this game and wonder if we will ever get any more.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Jess_KimbaJess_Kimba Posts: 20 Member
    So now I’m hearing that you can’t actually use the blasters? Your sim can’t even hold them? Can’t at least stun people?

They could have set it up that you had to stun the troopers before breaking into first order stuff. From the pictures I’ve seen of people’s gameplay, they just watch you do it. Another example of sims 4 having absolutely no consequences or challenges whatsoever, only limitations.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Jess_Kimba wrote: »
    So now I’m hearing that you can’t actually use the blasters? Your sim can’t even hold them? Can’t at least stun people?

They could have set it up that you had to stun the troopers before breaking into first order stuff. From the pictures I’ve seen of people’s gameplay, they just watch you do it. Another example of sims 4 having absolutely no consequences or challenges whatsoever, only limitations.

that sucks. hoping a modder will come to this rescue
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2020

I am so conflicted when it comes to rabbit holes, on one hand I understand that not everything can be playable, and why people would prefer to send one sim off to a rabbit hole while playing another sim. On the other hand I feel that we really should not resort to rabbit holes in 2020, I think we should be able to make most things playable in some form or another.

I think what I would prefer is both, you can either send your sim off to a rabbit hole, or follow them and play them. I would have preferred this solution in Discover University for example.
  • Options
    WickedSimWickedSim Posts: 5 New Member
    I tried. I really did. I like some of the buy mode items - have used a few pieces in a current build - but the play was not my thing. I decided to give myself a solid hour to see how I liked it, but I pulled the plug after 30 minutes. I was part bored, part annoyed. I wasn't expecting that, and it is a bit of a bummer.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Really? I heard we could buy blasters. Does the storm troopers automously use them like they did in the trailer?
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited September 2020

Really? I heard we could buy blasters. Does the storm troopers automously use them like they did in the trailer?

You can buy them and use blasters but only in the way you can use machetes in JA. If you have them you get to choose more options in the spaceship quest cards.
    Post edited by Nushka on
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I'm not even surprised.

All their packs are on sale too.

6th year anniversary? nah, releasing a new Star Wars pack to draw in customers? Have a sale.

This is honestly SO ANNOYING! TS4 has already been on sale at Steam 2 or 3 times already! TS3? Not at all!!!

• Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I'm not even surprised.

All their packs are on sale too.

6th year anniversary? nah, releasing a new Star Wars pack to draw in customers? Have a sale.

This is honestly SO ANNOYING! TS4 has already been on sale at Steam 2 or 3 times already! TS3? Not at all!!!

I find it more annoying that Steam won't let me buy add ons (digital deluxe upgrade) unless I purchase the basegame once again but on their platform. Adding the game from my computer to my Steam library doesn't work and I've read of simmers who have lost their Origin copy after buying their Steam copy.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Love the Pack.

Seriously irritated over a few things.

b23b7771de1984a74344bae88fcb0889.jpg
    - Why oh why give me all these fun aliens and then removing "the hats" in Batuu. I love playing other types of sims. All of them doesn't have to have magical occult powers for me to find it fun. Gahh...
    - I love playing families. I play occult little families that do strange things and doing that in a Star Wars-world would be awesome. But there are not "hats" for children. Nothing new so I shouldn't be surprised. Alien children cannot have fun haircolors. No one of the occult sims have children with powers. Indeed, spellcaster-children have zero reactions to magic so I guess I should not be surprised. I will just have to wait and hope that a kindhearted modder makes it possible to do Star Wars family-play like the pic I posted. Those are horns from DAI I believe.

I wish things were not so divided in Sims 4. I like occult adventures and familyplay and getting those two things to mesh sometimes feels like going against the game. It is like "Adventure Pack- anything below teen does not exist" and then we have "Family-only realistic". Makes me feel a bit mopey like I'm the only one enjoying the game this way.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    EA sure is running out of ideas. They're letting the franchise go down the drain this year. Oh, 2020...

Just this year? :D
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2020
    You know a pack is bad when even LGR doesn't want to cover it!

https://mobile.twitter.com/lazygamereviews/status/1303336772311691266

And he likes Star Wars! That should really say something.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

Yeah, I am the opposite.
    I praise them in TS3 and condemn them in TS4.
    If have to go through loading screens, I don't want rabbit holes.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds