Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please close the thread** I can't play TS3 anymore due to optimization and its age.

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    A lot of players think sims 4 graphics look nicer. But i think they are smoother looking and have less detail, but i think sims 3 art style is much better. This game also doesnt lag. Not saying its not unplayable for others, but its running just as good as sims 4, for me. The only cc i need is a default skin replacement. I dont use much cc , even in sims 4. But im excited about continuing the gameplay in TS3! :)

Your pics look fantastic! I started re-playing TS3 just last week actually and it always amazes me how the sims act and react and the little things that spontaneously occur. I find I use almost no CC besides default skin replacments as well because I can customize everything with CASt. It does not lag on my PC either but I also installed the fixed worlds and NRRAS mods. And I much prefer the graphics of TS3 compared to TS4's overly cartoon, mobile game art style.

I'm happy you're having so much rediscovering it!

What do the fixed worlds do if you don't mind me asking?

Those are worlds where the main routing issues have been fixed. Some are custom worlds, but the ones I use are ones that don't cause the game to lag and stutter.

That's actually something I will look into. I want the game to run as smoothly as possible.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Glad you have fun with TS3 :) It’s my favorite game, love the open worlds. And there are so much to do, I still haven’t tried all careers, and haven’t played with genies yet. And the sims still surprise me from time to time.

Yes Rflong's worlds are nice, but I can’t use them anymore. The bridges are missing, guess it’s because I don’t own supernaturals. I’m building my own Island world now.

James Turners ”Aluna Island” is a small, nice and lag free world. It’s empty but you can find houses for it on Mod the sims, if don’t want to build youself.

One important thing to do is to set the fps to 60 if you want a smooth play. And add a few of NRAAS mods. Search TS3 forum.
  • Options
    Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    Glad you have fun with TS3 :) It’s my favorite game, love the open worlds. And there are so much to do, I still haven’t tried all careers, and haven’t played with genies yet. And the sims still surprise me from time to time.

Yes Rflong's worlds are nice, but I can’t use them anymore. The bridges are missing, guess it’s because I don’t own supernaturals. I’m building my own Island world now.

James Turners ”Aluna Island” is a small, nice and lag free world. It’s empty but you can find houses for it on Mod the sims, if don’t want to build youself.

One important thing to do is to set the fps to 60 if you want a smooth play. And add a few of NRAAS mods. Search TS3 forum.

I like the worlds that came in the game. So i really dont need more. Id like some fan made ones that still work, but not a necessity. Too lazy to build my own and dont see a point :)

I do build houses though! Sims 3 builds are more fun since i cant STAND the swatches in sims 4 . Usually , its what causes me to lag behind when im doing a house. I usually have a house structure figured out and completed in 10-15 minutes. Its choosing from the poor and limited wallpaper and wall siding options that literally sometimes takes me 4-8 hours or more of deciding which ones i dislike the least . I cant make my house or front door or anything the color or pattern i want to >:)@simIrrevirre
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,924 Member

I like the worlds that came in the game. So i really dont need more. Id like some fan made ones that still work, but not a necessity. Too lazy to build my own and dont see a point :)

I do build houses though! Sims 3 builds are more fun since i cant STAND the swatches in sims 4 . Usually , its what causes me to lag behind when im doing a house. I usually have a house structure figured out and completed in 10-15 minutes. Its choosing from the poor and limited wallpaper and wall siding options that literally sometimes takes me 4-8 hours or more of deciding which ones i dislike the least . I cant make my house or front door or anything the color or pattern i want to >:)@simIrrevirre

Thank goodness you have color wheel. 4-8 hours is a long time to spend on selecting walls. 😮
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    It wasn't that long ago I brought the entire sims 3 collection because of @ClarionOfJoy
    I had some initial problems with crashing and stuff but worked it out with research.
    Some things that made me fall in love with it

I understand more what people mean that traits don't mean anything in the sims 4. I made a sim with a childish trait because that's one of my favorite traits in sims 4. And let me tell you everytime I went looking for him he was on the swings, he was running around playing tag with the kids, making silly faces. I once heard a sim laughing like crazy and I went searching around the house to see what all that laughter was and he was having a blast in the water sprinkler and even the animations looked like he was having so much fun I couldn't help but laugh too. Just being such an immature child.
    While my serious sim never does any of those things unless I direct him. He was sitting somewhere reading an educational book lol.

And my sims 4 childish sim don't do well.... anything particularly childish besides playing with or crying over the broken dollhouse. They pretty much feel like any other sim. And the joker smile and friendly behavior never allowed me to truly enjoy a serious sim in ts4. And all sims seem to just do random whatever things

I won't go into details to keep it short but create a style is only truly understood after experiencing it. I thought I didn't care about it but it was glorious bring able to match everything no matter the pattern and color. I have a serious problem matching things in ts4.

The world editing just blew me away. I like any sized lot anywhere I please?!! In all of this expansive space?!!! But being able to change the world really took it to another level. I feel like I'm so immersed in this broken down apocolyse world which is what I wanted.

Old sims! I enjoyed playing elder sims for the first time. I made a proper gentleman he twirled his cane around, strutted his stuff with that cane walk style and just behaved so proper.

I Love LOVE controlling pets!! It's a blast.
    I could keep going but you will see for yourself!!
    Ts3 is a gem.

There is however, many things I really like about ts4 personally and I am currently into ts4 right now.
    I wanted to play both but it's not easy. I don't know how people go back in forth after getting invested in one 😅😅😅 so ts4 has the spotlight for now.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

Thank goodness you have color wheel. 4-8 hours is a long time to spend on selecting walls. 😮

It is . There's just so few...choices! Like what if i want to make my house a certain shade of orange? I just cant in sims 4 and thats lame :) But im downloading a few extra things for sims 3 right now and having a blast. Im sooo excited.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,924 Member
    And that's exactly the way you should feel about the game. Excitement and anticipation. 🙂
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sims 3 is a wonderfull game! ❤ Enjoy!!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh such memories those pics do bring back! I thoroughly enjoyed TS3, it was a lot of fun.

Alas, I have tried to go back to it a couple of times and have not succeeded. Every time I see pics from TS3 I think 'ooh, I should give it another go', but the times I tried it felt kind of meh. The sims themselves were always a disappointment for me throughout that series - the way they look and move. I guess I'm quite a visual kind of person and them not moving in (what I consider) a natural way always grated on me.

Plus, now sims 4 is here, I always miss features from this version!

Edit: Plus, I always needed the Nraas mods just so that the game would run without a huge amount of glitches and breakdowns.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Sims 3 sims with cc look wayyyy better to me :D<3 They look like actual people, which i absolutely love. Im hoping sims 5 has semi-realistic graphics, just like sims 3 ! #HappySimming! Whichever one you are playing ! @elanorbreton

Sidenote: Sims 4 makes me feel sad honestly. Because of the potential that gets squandered. I dont dislike it , i like most of the packs they release. But the actual base game needs help.
  • Options
    ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    Wow i am suprised how much of you prefere ts3 :O i am happy for you :)
    Last year after big upgrade of my pc i tryed ts3 but i did not enjoyed it, but i didnt like ts3 before to so i am not suprised
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm playing both 3 and 4. Often do. It took me ages to accept 4, but I came around eventually. Just had to stop comparing it to 3, then I was fine.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    ElectraRai wrote: »
    Last year after big upgrade of my pc i tryed ts3 but i did not enjoyed it, but i didnt like ts3 before to so i am not suprised

Its great! #HappySimming <3
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    ElectraRai wrote: »

I didn't get to play TS3 much when it was the current game. I never had a computer that would run it at the standards I like. It actually feels like a whole new game for me right now. I still prefer the way things look in TS4 though but I find that I'm enjoying the game play of TS3 more.

The AI just seems to work so much better in TS3 than it does in TS4. Sims aren't standing around doing nothing all the time in TS3, they sit to watch TV and eat. I'm a sucker for little details that make it more believable that the sims are actual people.

I'm frustrated with TS4 at the moment because my sims won't watch TV sitting down, they choose to stand and eat at the fridge and they pause for long periods of time waiting to start conversations. I'm taking a break from the Sims 4 and I'm really hoping that one day the sims team can make the Sims 4 AI as good as it was in TS3 or preferably even better.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I used to love Sims 3, but for me I find the Sims 4 gameplay more fun so I struggle to get into 3 nowadays
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    I used to love Sims 3, but for me I find the Sims 4 gameplay more fun so I struggle to get into 3 nowadays

now thats an unusual take :) i dont hear that often
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2020
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the game, TrueCrimeAddict! 🤗👍

Sims 3 has lots of content and creative tools, and a beautiful open world.
    Onverser wrote: »

now thats an unusual take :) i dont hear that often

I’m also one of those who prefers Sims 4 at times over Sims 3, but it just depends on what I am looking for or in the mood for.

I love Sims 2 because of details and charm and businesses/bakeries and I love having more populated community lots, so I tend to put Sims 2 above Sims 3 and 4, but they are all great games for me.

I just love the quick pick and up and play nature and the designs and toddlers and vampire powers of Sims 4. But, Sims 2 and 3 just have so much content and depth, so it just depends on what I feel like.

I have to add some gameplay mods to Sims 3 to make it a bit more playable for me. Sims 2 has some more of the details I want.

But! It’s still a great, ambitious game that tried to do a lot of innovative things and add more content while opening the worlds. :)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    My TS3 sims baby grew into a toddler and just like that I'm back on TS4. It was not the cutest thing ever lets just put it that way. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    My TS3 sims baby grew into a toddler and just like that I'm back on TS4. It was not the cutest thing ever lets just put it that way. :D

CC fixes a lot of things. But idk. Maybe you just want to play sims 4 and dont want to play sims 3 badly enough :) Im more energized to play sims 3 than ever before!!! because it just has more <3 But hopefully sims 4 will improve the bugs you wanted. And for me , i hope deeper, better personalities are coming. Also some hobbies. Theres barely anthing to do! I like the idea of the rumored Winter GP/EP. @Sharonia
  • Options

CC fixes a lot of things. But idk. Maybe you just want to play sims 4 and dont want to play sims 3 badly enough :) Im more energized to play sims 3 than ever before!!! because it just has more <3 But hopefully sims 4 will improve the bugs you wanted. And for me , i hope deeper, better personalities are coming. Also some hobbies. Theres barely anthing to do! I like the idea of the rumored Winter GP/EP. @Sharonia

I keep switching back and forth between them. I'm having problems deciding which one to play. I'm attached to my sims in TS4 but I'm enjoying the game play of TS3 more. I can't make a decision to save my life seriously. :D
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited September 2020

You can always edit the toddler. Here's a demonstration just using the sliders in CAS:

The Sims 3 : Create A Sim - Cute Toddler
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHznmp8ubo

With CC:
    The Sims 3 | Create a Sim #32 (Cute Toddler)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsxmMJ816eY

The Sims 3 | Create a Sim #27 (Toddler)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phfrnyVbN8o

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I keep switching back and forth between them. I'm having problems deciding which one to play. I'm attached to my sims in TS4 but I'm enjoying the game play of TS3 more. I can't make a decision to save my life seriously. :D
    I still enjoy all four. No reason not to play both. Happy Simming.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

You don't even need CC to get cute toddlers in TS3, just the sliders in CAS.

I think people keep forgetting that TS3 gives you all the tools you need to make everything in the game exactly as you want.

• Options

You can always edit the toddler. Here's a demonstration just using the sliders in CAS:

The Sims 3 : Create A Sim - Cute Toddler
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHznmp8ubo

Whoa your toddler looks gorgeous. Mine grew up with a chubby face and I have only like two hair styles to choose from that are both bad. I haven't had chance to do any cc shopping for TS3 yet. :D

I will see what I can do with her. I do really want to keep playing the game.
  • Options

You don't even need CC to get cute toddlers in TS3, just the sliders in CAS.

I think people keep forgetting that TS3 gives you all the tools you need to make everything in the game exactly as you want.

you really dont. the sliders do more than *some* people realize :) I use them a LOT. I insist on having a default skin though. Even for sims 4 @ClarionOfJoy