Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone seen the gameplay tralier?

Comments

• Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Yikes😬

That's really all I have to add. The script...the fact that there's literally nothing to do except go to a bar (like that's new)...the fact that it's a rehash of the same exact star wars story that was already done several times over in each of it's series....still a big no from me, but I feel less mad and just more sad that this is what the people who actually were excited are getting
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    Yikes😬

That's really all I have to add. The script...the fact that there's literally nothing to do except go to a bar (like that's new)...the fact that it's a rehash of the same exact star wars story that was already done several times over in each of it's series....still a big no from me, but I feel less mad and just more sad that this is what the people who actually were excited are getting

They HAD to add a bar there like in EVERY pack.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It's kind of annoying and cringe but it's not a big deal, it's only a trailer so it doesn't really make any odds how its done
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    People are forgetting its pegi 12 but still I agree its cringe 😂 I'm more of a live stream lass, I do need more things for my aliens and robots soo I will see what's in it
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Almost every Sims 4 trailer was bad, but this one was downright cringe-worthy. The narrator sounded like an overexcited youtuber crossed with an unprepared student during a presentation. I do not envy the poor voice actress who had to record this.

Not much information to go by either, most of what was shown has already been in the blog post.
    The phone call worries me a little, as it looks as if we need to wait for it to unlock traveling. Hope I'm wrong and they also included a way to start the story whenever we want. Also no definite answers about traveling in groups yet, or about leaving the story midway and traveling with another household.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I still don't understand what is the actual gameplay in this. What do I do with this game pack? I need much more info.
    The robot was cute, though.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I watched with no audio but read the captions. The narrative does seem childish and since it was also uploaded to a kiddie channel, i guess that is what they were going for. I am over this pack and cant wait for the limelights to move to the next one.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Long ago they said they targeting was teenagers and now they said they targeting was children it obvious Sims 4 was made for younger people not older people who knew what cuts they made for the Sims 4 with the deal they have with disney it makes me wonder how much disney paid them for this pack. It's all about money and targeting the younger audiences, win the Sims 4 come out it was all about the younger audiences that has not changed looking at this video it was made for children and the voices are.... :|
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    EA: Shows kids and tweens this trailer.

Kids and Tweens: Go to play Animal Crossing New Horizons.

I'm hoping Sims 5 is more mature like Sims 1-3 was...
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    logion wrote: »
    According to what someone else said in another thread, this trailer was posted on the Star Wars Kids YT page.

That explains a lot.

My kids don't even watch any kids YT things. They watch straight off my personal account without parental controls active. Guess my kids are a bit less sheltered.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    If they're going to aim for children audience. They shouldn't because..... "woohoo"
  • Options
    EA: Shows kids and tweens this trailer.

Kids and Tweens: Go to play Animal Crossing New Horizons.

I'm hoping Sims 5 is more mature like Sims 1-3 was...

I miss TS2 romantic interactions.
  • Options
    FlyingTaco112FlyingTaco112 Posts: 8 New Member
    How can sims 4 be targeted for children if they have woohoo in it and romance?
  • Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member

Sims 5 will do away with Woohoo and just introduce the stork to bring our Sims some babies
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    between this and that nifty knitting trailer with that horrible music, i question the Sims teams overall taste lol
    I have been questioning their taste for years now.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member

I was 10 when I played sims 1 which had more adult theme & still played it .
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I liked it and I am probably one of the oldest simmers on here. Its a trailer and you certainly didn't have to watch it especially if you have no interest in the theme anyways. I won't point out childishness as that would be against the rules but it sure seems to be the trend lately.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    mogshazmogshaz Posts: 24 Member
    Jek Porkins died for THIS?!
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Ooh. Some of those clothes look good for the history and decades challenges.

Also I wonder if we can become a Jedi. I would love for my sim to have Jedi abilities.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    edited September 2020
    The voice is annoying. It was never a question of if the pack would look beautiful, but if it fit into the Sims 4 and it doesn't.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    wow the slowed down trailer really sounds like the character is high or drunk tho :joy:
    (trying to peek at surroundings)

I'm still not fond of star wars theme but im bit less mad after this trailer cause some of the background stuff interests me slightly

like ok not enough to buy it or anything but like enough to make me "hmm interesting"
    at least

its annoying to not know what is fx building and what is not tho and if the objects can actually be used for things or nah
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Saw bit and pieces of it and not the whole thing, I guess I will watch this weekend.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I saw it and I'm excited for it.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2020
    27k dislikes to 16k likes. SIMMERS EVERYWHERE ARE EXCITED! *jazz hands*
  • Options
    Komura wrote: »
    27k dislikes to 16k likes. SIMMERS EVERYWHERE ARE EXCITED! *jazz hands*

Meanwhile the trailer has 1Million views, and sitting at 40k likes and 99k dislikes.