Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu!

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
The next game pack has been announced! Here's the trailer :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4swl1VObu8&t=7s

Create your Sim’s unique Star Wars™ story in The Sims™ 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Game Pack*, available September 8! Learn more here: http://x.ea.com/64000.

Hone your lightsaber skills, befriend a droid, and get ready to unlock missions for the Resistance, First Order, or scoundrels. The more you accomplish, the closer you are to meeting iconic Star Wars characters like Rey and Kylo Ren.

Available September 8, 2020, on PC/Mac, Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4.

Check the spoiler for more details!
Experience the Edge of the Galaxy
From the moment Sims arrive on Batuu, they’ll be surrounded by the sights, sounds, and smells of Star Wars™. Majestic petrified trees rise high over the settlements and ships pass overhead, engines whining. Black Spire Outpost hums with activity as alien locals and busy droids go about their days. Vendors serve up Ronto Wraps and Fried Endorian Tip-Yip to hungry Niktos and Rodians. Curious Abednedos, Mirialans, and Twi’leks browse the wares at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities. Sims might recognize a certain infamous ship, the Millennium Falcon™, or hope to escape the notice of patrolling stormtroopers. But once they arrive, they’ll never want to leave.

Earn a Reputation
The tension between the factions on Batuu is evident. Stormtroopers patrol the streets, searching for evidence of the hidden Resistance, and rebels carry out secret plans from their mysterious bunker. Even the smugglers operate a lucrative business, staying neutral to take advantage of both the Resistance and the First Order. So, which will your Sim join?

DJ R-3X, the droid in charge of the music at Oga’s Cantina, is the best point of contact for learning about the different factions. At first, missions will be simple, sending your Sim off to rifle through supply crates or chase rumors about the growing Resistance presence. As a result of completing a mission, Sims collect rewards—and earn reputation points with the associated faction. Increase your Sim’s reputation to rise through the ranks, from sympathizer or supporter to sergeant of the Resistance or First Order. If galactic credits motivate your Sim more than ideals, the scoundrels are always looking for assistance—that’s just good business.

As your Sim’s reputation grows, it also affects the way locals react to them. A Sim highly regarded by the First Order will find it difficult to chat with Resistance supporters. Climbing the chain of command by completing missions also begins to introduce new faction contacts. Depending on the choice your Sim makes, they might encounter Vi Moradi running a mission, Rey practicing with her lightsaber, Kylo Ren losing his temper, or Hondo Ohnaka cheating at a game of sabacc.

ts4-screens-lightsaber-training-1.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

Acquire Artifacts and Treasures
It wouldn’t be Star Wars™ without lightsabers and droids. On Batuu, Sims can find parts for their own lightsabers! Take a trip to Savi’s Workshop to see a few of the hilt and kyber crystal options, or complete missions to earn rare pieces as rewards. Try different crystals until you find the one that is right, and once it’s done, start training! Practicing with a lightsaber or sparring with other Sims builds the Fitness skill, too.

Need a friend on Batuu? Why not a droid?! Just collect scrap metal from scrap piles around Batuu and earn enough galactic credits, then purchase a droid from the Droid Depot, where they offer both R- and BB-series astromech droids. Once Sims have customized their droid, give it a name and watch it go! Your Sim’s new buddy will follow them everywhere on Batuu. Plus, droids are helpful on missions. They can use their scanners and electro-prods to assist Sims by searching crates, scrambling control panels, or distracting rival faction members. These are the droids you’re looking for!

Bring It Home
When your Sim returns from Batuu, they won’t be coming back empty-handed. Enjoy Star Wars™ inspired updates in decor, home design, and even recipes. Whether Sims display the antiquities they collected on Batuu or revamp their style completely to imitate the dwellings of Black Spire Outpost, they don’t have to leave their Star Wars™ adventure behind. Invite neighbors over for a game of sabacc or a lightsaber sparring session whenever you like.

Plus, any droids ordered on Batuu return to the Sims world as well! Sure, droids might not go around zapping people in Willow Creek, but Sims can still build relationships with them and have fun driving them around with a datapad!

ts4-screens-bring-home-star-wars.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I am SO dang excited :3.
  • Options
    MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    Oh no
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I think it looks great but it just screams cash grab to me. I love Star Wars but I'm confused as to which Simmers have been asking for this.
  • Options
    GardeningSimmerGardeningSimmer Posts: 41 Member
    Ugh really not into it! I don't want The Sims and Star Wars to be connected at all. I hope everyone that likes it enjoys the pack though.
  • Options
    I'm especially happy about the release day. That's only a week and a half away. Usually packs take 3 weeks.

I'm interested to see what this pack brings, there's mentions of missions and parts of the trailer seemed to show world adventure style tomb raiding. Looks pretty well done for a GP aswell
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i'd rather pay $20 to put my ear up to someone's butt and listen to a 5 minute long fart.

LMAO!
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    Well, first pack I won't be buying. Just not my thing, not even a little bit. Glad for all you who wanted it, hope you enjoy.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Will be waiting for a huge discount sale for this one. Not even buying for CAS or build mode at the moment I will watch some game play videos but - just not my thing. I am sure others will enjoy this type of play.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    So it's a Strangerville-style story pack? They really didn't listen when that experiment failed hard.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2020
    It looks like one to skip. I already modded my game to hid/not allow all the star wars bloatware we had previously.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    No one has been asking for this.
    I think it looks great but it just screams cash grab to me. I love Star Wars but I'm confused as to which Simmers have been asking for this.

• Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I need more information.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    edited August 2020
    If I wanted to play a star wars game, I'd buy a star wars game... Gonna be skipping this.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited August 2020
    As a major star wars nerd (I was in the womb when my mom and dad went to see Empire Strikes Back on opening day) I'm excited for this. Two of my favorite things: The Sims and Star Wars. My Sims who are engaged and occasionally dress up as Maul and Ahsoka Tano for foreplay are gonna have a SW themed wedding.
  • Options
    So it's a Strangerville-style story pack? They really didn't listen when that experiment failed hard.

I don't think it's a story pack. From the sounds of it the missions are more like the ones in world adventures in TS3.
  • Options
    sjoslorsjoslor Posts: 10 New Member
    Love sci-fi movies, series and books, but my simming is totally separated from this interest, so no, not for me :/
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Wyrren wrote: »
    If I wanted to play a star wars game, I'd buy a star wars game... Gonna be skipping this.

exactly. keep the two franchises separate.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm really disappointed. I love star wars but I don't want it in my Sims game. I'll be skipping it. I'm happy for those that wanted it but this whole year has been blah for me. Here's hoping that the next expansion is something that I like.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I am a huge fan of Star Wars, and a huge fan of the Sims, but I am having a really hard time figuring out how this fits in. I knew it was going to be Star Wars related somewhere deep in the recesses of my mind, but I was still holding out hope for an Into the Future type pack instead.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    As I said in the other thread, I'd prefered a Star Wars theme park over an actual Star Wars GP. Baatu would probably have worked better as a standalone like Sims Medieval.
  • Options
    boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    I like the gamepack will buy it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have honestly never felt so much disappointment with a pack announcement ever in my whole time playing games. The Sims 4 developers are completely out of touch with their fan base. There is clearly no hope for this franchise. :'(
  • Options
    boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    All the new ep and packs will be something new people they said that. We have never had star wars before.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited August 2020
    Meh. I will get it and I'm excited about it as a standalone but I don't see how this will work with all the other packs. I don't want lightsabers in my saves and none of the clothes or masks they're wearing outside Batuu but I am guessing that is too much to ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top