Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sharing is caring is canceled!!!

Didn't know what was going on. I thought my game was glitching out. I'm playing builds as I build them to make sure it all flows right and things kept disappearing. Not taking one or two items. I would have figured one of the dormmates was klepto, but no whole rooms would disappear. All that was left in the mess hall was the cafeteria bar. They even took the debug items!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´

Comments

• Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Whats even better is when your sim goes to the bar and has nowhere to sit because someone stole all the chairs and tables. Even the chairs at the bar! It gets a little outta hand with that N.A.P.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    It's NOT even sharing!! There is NO sharing for it...it's just "stealing is caring"...you can't go to their house and remove all their items LOL
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Whats even better is when your sim goes to the bar and has nowhere to sit because someone stole all the chairs and tables. Even the chairs at the bar! It gets a little outta hand with that N.A.P.

OMG, that is what happened in the rec room. They took everything but the bar and bubble blower. I was going crazy. My save file got corrupted, but I was able to save my build from it and move it to a new save. Then things started to go poof upon the new game file, why I thought something was glitching.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    @PsychoSimXX I have to tell you I got a very distinct image in my head when you mentioned whole rooms went missing. It's still there, stuck in my head. We are able to upload just rooms, as you know, so that's where the image came from, I'm sure. But, it's still STUCK in my head. LOL Yeah. After reading so many posts on the woes of these NAPS, I'm more than gleeful, I bypassed that EP.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal HAHAHA the "In my Head" base game song popped in my head as I read this....lol On Twitter someone thought I was talking about me living in a dorm and my stuff kept getting stolen. Said it took them a while to realize I meant the game. I laughed so hard because that would be so me to do that too.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Same.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    #SharingisCaringisCancelled :D
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    It's called "Looting". *sigh*

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    @ChadSims2 I think you are onto something there.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    WintermuteWintermute Posts: 36 Member
    edited August 2020
    Honestly, Sharing is Caring would've gone over better if it didn't apply to all lots - just residential ones. Public spaces are already shared spaces that all Sims are free to use as they see fit; stealing items that belong to the public so that only the thieves can use them is just f-ed.

I don't know if this is some sort of inside joke or EA's cynical idea of societal commentary, but it could have been done in a way that didn't result in everyone hating it.

EDIT: I just thought of how my Sims' friends and family don't even notify them before walking in the door and using their bathrooms, taking food out of their refrigerators, riding their Sea-Doos, etc. So in a way, even a residential lot is public(ish) now.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

Yo ho, yo ho, a sharing is caring's the life for me!
    We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot!
    Klepto up, me 'earties, yo ho
    We steal and loot and don't give a hoot
    Klepto up me 'earties, yo ho!

Yo ho, yo ho, a sharing is caring's the life for me!

:D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I can't pay attention to this discussion while Jimin is staring at me... :blush:;)<3

I uh, think. maybe. there's some ummm... mods to fix this. somewhere...
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    It's NOT even sharing!! There is NO sharing for it...it's just "stealing is caring"...you can't go to their house and remove all their items LOL

lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,478 Member
    I thought burglars weren’t added because of the anxiety it could cause in certain players.
    Little did we know. This sounds like a complete trauma fest.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I haven’t tried this one yet. I imagined it would be something like Sims autonomously give each other interesting gifts from their existing inventory—not fracking steal 😂😂
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I thought burglars weren’t added because of the anxiety it could cause in certain players.

I can’t wait until they bring back burglars without telling us. 😂 I will dieee from joyyy when I hear that warning sound! It was truly one of the best parts of the game.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    A restaurant that gets its waiter station stolen...

... is no longer a restaurant
    ... and no longer functions as a restaurant
    ... because it no longer has one of the necessary components to operate as a restaurant

But hey, "sharing is caring", and all that. :/

[insert loud grumbling sound here]
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Is there a mod that addresses these concerns yet?

In the meantime, there is an option to disable NPC voting...shouldn’t it work to stop Sharing is caring from tearing up the game? 😏 in my game I’m disabling it and having the sims I play vote according to their personalities and how I think they should vote .
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,188 Member
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I disabled NPC voting, set all neighborhoods to Self Sufficiency only, and installed Simvasion’s mod. Sharing is Caring really has been cancelled! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2020
    Every time I see "Sharing is Caring" in effect or "We wear bags" I immediately cheat to get rid of them. Not dealing with everyone stealing everything (especially if they're at lots Ive worked hard on!!) and for some reason "We wear bags" is always in effect when Im in the mood for some photoshots. Take the dang bag off! It ruins my shots! D<
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I disabled NPC voting, set all neighborhoods to Self Sufficiency only, and installed Simvasion’s mod. Sharing is Caring really has been cancelled! :)

Do tell how you set the neighborhood to a certain N.A.P?
  • Options

I can’t wait until they bring back burglars without telling us. 😂 I will dieee from joyyy when I hear that warning sound! It was truly one of the best parts of the game.

But people are already complaining about missing objects...So its okay as long as it comes with a burglar costume?