Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite World!

Comments

• Options
    ShaytanShaytan Posts: 11 New Member
    Willow Creek
    This may sound crazy, but after playing the game for nearly 5 years, I've never got to experience any of the DLC towns (yet)... Either due to lack of money or lack of time because of college to get into any of the expansions, I pretty much have only casually played through our three good ole' default maps.

Never been too much of a fan of Oasis Springs, perhaps I never really found much appeal in the whole desert location; while Newcrest is quite a fun concept as a DIY free map, my style of playing resulted in it remaining fairly empty to date, and so when I move an household to there, not always the surroundings seem to have a proper lived-in feel to it. Willow Creek, on the flip side, feels just like a cozy area to live, no matter if you're playing with a starter home, rubbing shoulders with the Goths or checking the town from above from one of the largest properties. It has always reminded me so much of the default city from the OG Sims 1 that I've dedicated so much time playing during my youth - perhaps that's where the appeal comes from!

I found it pretty interesting how the default maps seem to get little love these days, from what I can conclude from the poll. I guess with the college vacation finally approaching, I shall definitely pick up at last one or two DLCs to enjoy what I've been missing out. ;)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited July 2020
    Windenberg
    @aaronrulz Yep, you can swim in Britechester!
    I am sorry for the quality of my screenshots. I accidentaly hit my laptop and I broke it.

The map view
    9-7-2020-21-56-33.png
    Foxbury institute
    12-7-2020-18-28-56.png
    Ubrite
    12-7-2020-18-31-06.png

Thanks for the pictures. I haven't sent my sims swimming at foxbury yet. I would like to add that the 3rd neighbourhood in this world, the town centre in Britechester also has a swimmable area.
    here is a picture of the beach area to enter the water.
    wnLBlMx.png
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited July 2020
    San Myshuno
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What the heck? Why did you lump Forgotten Hollow in with those other worlds lmao. Where is the love? That's my favorite one because I like how dark it is. I don't even play with vampires

haha sorry! The poll only limits me to 10 spots! I had to pick and choose who went into "other". But I love it! Forgotten Hollow is definitely a unique place to live. :)

You should of swapped it with del sol valley It only has 1 vote
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Oasis Springs
    In my first ever Sims 4 game, I made a sim and put him in Nookstone. Eventually he married a man and they adopted a lot of kids and moved to one of the big houses in Oasis Springs. It's been my go to world ever sense.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Oasis Springs
    It's a dry heat tho
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Windenberg
    1. Windenburg
    2. Forgotten Hollow
    3. Sulani Island
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Newcrest
    I’ve been playing 8 families on rotation in Newcrest and it became my favorite world. The fanciest neighborhood has the pirate playground, monkey bars, vendor stand, 2 sets of bathrooms, 2 fishing spots and I like the look of the trolley going past. If you live in the neighborhood in the north, there is a skating rink all year except in fall, money bars, vendor stand and one place to fish. The other neighborhood off to the right doesn’t have any place to fish (bummer) and it has this big, useless grassy area behind it. It’s weird but I love it there. I like to send a sim out there to do yoga. It’s really peaceful.

There are other neighborhoods with nice amenities, but none as accessible as they are in Newcrest, correct me if I’m wrong. The skating rinks tend to spawn in commercial areas in other worlds. I love having the option of going over to one without a loading screen.
  • Options
    blue_skyblue_sky Posts: 31 Member
    Sulani
    Definitely Sulani!
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Other - Strangerville, Granite Falls, Forgotton Hollow, Glimmerbrook, Selvadorada, Britechester
    I chose other for a few reasons.

Selvadorada: IMO it's still the most gorgeous world in the game. It actually makes you feel like you're in the middle of a jungle. I wish it was bigger but other then that they did a really good job designing it.

Forgotten Hollow: Again wish it was bigger but it's so unique from the other worlds. Darker then it is light, mix of dead and lively landscaping, the misty river/ravine with the huge rocks that adds to it's erie atmosphere. Also the dark yellow lighting at night adds to the erie atmosphere.

StrangerVille: Downtown area is the most coziest place of all the worlds IMO. Something about it just makes it really small town feel to it and I love it. The area at the top right of the map is great for a mid-century community of houses and it's one of my favorite neighborhoods.

If I had to choose my absolute favorite it would be Forgotten Hollow. I just wish it was bigger with different areas.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Windenberg
    What the heck? Why did you lump Forgotten Hollow in with those other worlds lmao. Where is the love? That's my favorite one because I like how dark it is. I don't even play with vampires

haha sorry! The poll only limits me to 10 spots! I had to pick and choose who went into "other". But I love it! Forgotten Hollow is definitely a unique place to live. :)

I would have not known this before the voting took place. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    San Myshuno

You could of guessed because del sol valley is small and many people believe they could of made it bigger
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Brindleton Bay

You could of guessed because del sol valley is small and many people believe they could of made it bigger

...could have, should have...

The poll is the way it is. I’m sure folks know how to use it and make their choices clear. ;)
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Willow Creek
    Wish I could vote again...I just got given several packs for my Birthday...
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Sulani
    In case of hypothetical unlimited world site, Glimmerbrook would be a close second.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    Sulani
    Sulani is my favorite because it is beautiful and it feels like an open world. I like the swimming, diving and the dolphin is good. The cave and waterfall interactions are fun too.
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • Options
    MageKnightEmolgaMageKnightEmolga Posts: 48 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    I just adore Brindleton Bay, I have to stop myself from putting every household I play there. It's just absolutely gorgeous, and I would love to live there.
  • Options
    skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    Evergreen Harbor
    I went for Evergreen harbour as theat's where most of my played families live but I also quite like Willow Creek.

I'm using Newcrest for Community Lots to free up space in Willow Creek for houses. I never play any o the neighbourhoods in 'other' and I don't think I've ever played Oasis Springs either.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sulani
    Sulani no contest because of it's beautiful tropical theme.

You forgot about Magnolia Promanade.
  • Options
    San Myshuno

Magnolia promenade is a neigbourhood
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2020
    Brindleton Bay

Magnolia promenade is a neigbourhood

@catloverplayer is right though. It's a new 'world' that came with GTW. Easy to overlook.
  • Options
    ChristineRose5ChristineRose5 Posts: 37 Member
    Sulani
    I chose Sulani but honestly just wanted to comment because it actually made me laugh out loud that Del Sol Valley got one vote. Poor Del Sol never had a chance.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Windenberg
    For me it's a toss up between Willow Creek and Windenberg. But Windenberg won (this time.)
  • Options
    ArtsyDuuArtsyDuu Posts: 16 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    I kind of wish they'd make a countryside sort of world. I get that Brindleton Bay is that for the most part, but like... I dunno. Maybe that's just me. It was probably fake or a rumor, but I saw something about an expansion pack called "Get Farming" and wished so badly it was actually a thing. Lol
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Del Sol Valley
    I'd have to go with Del Sol Valley only wish it had at least 8 more lots.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Newcrest
    Newcrest after I fill all the lots with custom builds and sims. It’s such a nice little neighborhood.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.