Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any one else have these bugs from eco living?

The most frustrating I have at the min is sims constantly making De-Stressing Decoction on the grill and oven. None even have the herbalism skill or ingredients but they CONSTANTLY make it, along with any visitors....
Everyone sits on the pool ledge to eat... even in the freezing cold so I have to constantly keep and eye on it so no one freezes.

There is a few more glitches and bugs but these two are the worst! Any one else have these?

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    Sorry, my sims don't have a grill or pool at the moment. Did you report this on AnswersHQ?
  • Options
    beckyh101beckyh101 Posts: 147 Member
    Just figured out how to report so done that :), seems like others have similar lots of issues with different foods and the sitting arrangements
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Maybe I should get a grill. Destressing Decoction sounds useful.
    Too bad we don't have pool covers to close them off during cold weather.
  • Options
    wolffriendinuswolffriendinus Posts: 94 Member
    I haven't had that issue, just problems with the bee box. They stop producing honey and wax, and they won't stay calm. In fact, they stay at either irritated or angry. Not even reset object works. Going to try today to find out if its something with the new world, or all worlds.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I haven't had either of these glitches.

My glitches are Sims who drop actions from their queue, Sims acting as if they are bored even though they have other moods/emotions such as happy, other moodlets show that they overpower sleep even though they don't. Oh and gardening when I evolve a plant it acts as if it's spliced and reverts back to the pile of dirt.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »

My glitches are Sims who drop actions from their queue, Sims acting as if they are bored even though they have other moods/emotions such as happy, other moodlets show that they overpower sleep even though they don't. Oh and gardening when I evolve a plant it acts as if it's spliced and reverts back to the pile of dirt.

Same here, so annoying. I'm glad I'm not doing the gardening aspiration.
  • Options
    DiabloSimmerDiabloSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't get into build mode and go back to live mode it freezes but the sims go on like they're unpaused. I also can't see most of the screens anymore. It's a weird discription but basically I can't even play my game anymore. Any news on a update soon?
  • Options
    So I checked the issue I'm having with the bee box, no problem in Sulani. It acted like normal, however the sage did revert to sapling status after I harvested from it. Thankfully it took less than a day to regrow and was ready for harvest the following morning.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    The only one I've noticed is Sims who live in a neighborhood where Creative Arts is in effect generate clay balls like crazy. One of my Sims has 24 of them in her inventory because they keep spawning them and then putting them down.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    The only one I've noticed is Sims who live in a neighborhood where Creative Arts is in effect generate clay balls like crazy. One of my Sims has 24 of them in her inventory because they keep spawning them and then putting them down.

So that’s why all townies walk around with a ball of clay, I got the creative arts nap enacted 😅 thank you it was driving me crazy, time to repeal
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member

So that’s why all townies walk around with a ball of clay, I got the creative arts nap enacted 😅 thank you it was driving me crazy, time to repeal

aaaah that's why there is a surplus of clay balls, because of the nap. I did wonder!

Yeah i've also had a lot of sims make the de-stressing decoction on the grill and ovens.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I don't have Eco Lifestyle yet, but I have a sim who just found some clay and can't stop playing with it. Maybe it was something in the patch or just coincidence with my sim.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    I don't have Eco Lifestyle yet, but I have a sim who just found some clay and can't stop playing with it. Maybe it was something in the patch or just coincidence with my sim.

that part isn't necessarily patch, I've noticed it with games long before the patch: if you sim has clay in their inventory of somewhere nearby, they will nearly always spend idle time playing with it.

SO ANNOYING. My sim also keeps generating those knock-off-magic-8-balls, and sometimes it looks like she's using the electronic design tablet, though that never actually appears in her inventory.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    So I checked the issue I'm having with the bee box, no problem in Sulani. It acted like normal, however the sage did revert to sapling status after I harvested from it. Thankfully it took less than a day to regrow and was ready for harvest the following morning.

I don't have Eco Lifestyle but my sage is reverting to sapling. It must have come with the patch.
  • Options
    lexilyn003lexilyn003 Posts: 1 New Member
    My entire world of Windemburg has stopped working. I don’t have any mods or CC. None of the content from get together works for me at all and most of city living has stopped working as well. Idk how to fix this.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yes, I am having issues with gardening as well. The vertical gardening planters aren't working very well for me. I bought the seeds specifically for those but the plants often revert back to seeds after being harvested then never grow again, nor can I remove them from the planter. Until those are fixed I won't be using them again. Last night I had a heck of a time getting any of my saves to load. I know this was an issue for a lot of players before the hot fix, but it didn't happen to me until last night and my game is fully updated. I didn't have that problem after installing EL, or after the hot fix, but for some reason it came out of nowhere last night. After repairing the game several times, I had to load an earlier version of my newest save and that worked. But I lost a lot of progress I had made in that save. I was having a serious lag problem before saving then quitting the night before so I am wondering what that was all about when lag has never been an issue for me. The one thing I did notice while playing was the sudden appearance of a second dumpster in the harbor area where none had been before. I had seen it in a couple game changer vods but was never able to find it. Then it was just there one morning when my Sim woke up. And I think that is when all the lagging began. I was so engrossed in the game and what my Sim was fabricating, I didn't pay much attention to when that lag began to happen. But those are the only bugs I have to report. The rest of the pack seems to be working fine. Oh, I did add a mod last night for the insect farms that helps to keep the insects growing and thriving. Those got stuck each time I harvested bio fuel or cricket meal and no amount of nurturing helped raise their declining health. Handy mod to have. But I am having a lot of fun with this new pack, and a couple of bugs is to be expected so I am not going to complain.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I think I am. One of my apartments (possibly more) in EH keeps getting tons of visitors and they keep walking into my sims apartment uninvited. My sims don’t even know them and they don’t have roommates. I can’t “send home” either!
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2020
    beckyh101 wrote: »
    The most frustrating I have at the min is sims constantly making De-Stressing Decoction on the grill and oven. None even have the herbalism skill or ingredients but they CONSTANTLY make it, along with any visitors....
    Everyone sits on the pool ledge to eat... even in the freezing cold so I have to constantly keep and eye on it so no one freezes.

There is a few more glitches and bugs but these two are the worst! Any one else have these?

Tonight I noticed my Sims doing exercise related activity in the industrial zone but that NAP won in the green zone. Sims were cancelling interactions to do push ups etc. My game lagged a lot as well.

In the industrial zone the green initiatives won. So annoying, I’ve disabled NPC voting as a result. ☹️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    So no one else having the issues with the beehive?
  • Options
    HyalophoraHyalophora Posts: 29 Member
    > @wolffriendinus said:
    > So no one else having the issues with the beehive?

Which world is it having issues in, and what's the pollution level in the neighborhood? I wonder if being in a polluted zone could keep bees unhappy.
  • Options
    Hyalophora wrote: »
    > @wolffriendinus said:
    > So no one else having the issues with the beehive?

Which world is it having issues in, and what's the pollution level in the neighborhood? I wonder if being in a polluted zone could keep bees unhappy.

the new world with Eco Lifestyle, but in the neutral neighborhood. I tried in Sulani and didn't have the issue popup.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Yes, I have bugs in my game. The new garden planters and the vertical ones are driving me crazy. Moving them or harvesting generates a last exception and makes the plant go from full grown down to a dirt mount. The spamming on the NAPS is driving me crazy, especially the clay. The juice fizzing....sometimes my Sim will put a certain fruit in there and it'll stop fizzing....and I'll have to delete the fizzing machine and buy a new one. It happens after like ever 4-5 fizzy creations.

The new crickets and stuff are bugged out as they die all the time. I found a mod to fix that, so I'm good on that one. & the bees - I think that's an old bug, where bees just stay irritated and angry regardless of what you do. LMS has a mod called Calm Bee's if anyone is interested. I've been using that mod since bees bugged out, and it's super easy to keep them calm now.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »

Those action drops and bored moods are so annoying! Thankfully I haven't experienced the other two issues yet.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    flotsetteflotsette Posts: 11 New Member
    I've had so many of these glitches. Even before I installed Eco Lifestyle I was having the plant glitches - lots of reversions -- Sage reverts every time harvested. The vertical gardens as well, especially if you move the plants.

After installing Eco Lifestyle, my NAPs seemed ok until I traveled out of the neighborhood to where other NAPs were in place. Now my Sim drops actions to play violin, guitar and do pushups. Dozens of Future Cubes are also spawning in her inventory.

Also I'm having lots of issues with the selling tables, although to be fair, they have always had issues.
  • Options
    nany_simone127nany_simone127 Posts: 1 New Member
    My sims will not stop making cakes 😑 visitors as well. So I’m constantly having to go around and clean up their cakes if I can’t catch it fast enough.