Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living x Eco Lifestyle?

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
I haven't really seen anyone mention it so I was wondering what's happened to the Island Living conservation now that Eco Lifestyle is out? Obviously the pack came with its own form of saving the environment and changing the world, has this system been kept the same or has it been replaced with the eco lifestyle system or have they just combined the two systems/updated whats already there?
Does the conservation career affect other worlds aswell now if your sim has that career whilst living in them?

Also - Northern Lights and smog, can these be seen in Sulani?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It was mentioned that Sulani, Strangerville, and vacation destinations will not be affected by the environment in ECO.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    It was mentioned that Sulani, Strangerville, and vacation destinations will not be affected by the environment in ECO.

Oh. Well that's really disappointing, I was hoping it'd atleast somewhat get an improvement as the existing island conservation isn't very good.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I've yet to explore other worlds and the eco footprint.

I'm sure Sulani can :smiley:@SimTrippy shared this tweet the other day.
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Guys look at Sulani all smogged up! I'm so excited 😁
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited June 2020
    Sulani is definitely affected I’ve seen smog pictures. They also never mentioned it as a not possible option just strangerville and destinations.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

@LaBlue0314 Sulani is no vacation world so it has smog.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I haven't really seen anyone mention it so I was wondering what's happened to the Island Living conservation now that Eco Lifestyle is out? Obviously the pack came with its own form of saving the environment and changing the world, has this system been kept the same or has it been replaced with the eco lifestyle system or have they just combined the two systems/updated whats already there?
    Does the conservation career affect other worlds aswell now if your sim has that career whilst living in them?

Also - Northern Lights and smog, can these be seen in Sulani?

From what I’ve noticed from playing so far they are very different from one another. Sulani is about picking up trash and such while eco Lifestyle is more of how you decide to live or build will have an effect. You can still have the Sulani career and complete it but if you use a lot of industrial items on your lot you will get smog.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    So do the IL conservationist careers and actions affect the eco footprint of Sulani? It would only make sense for it to do so.

On that note, will the rabbit hole beach cleanup in Parenthood also affect the eco footprint? There are tons of opportunities to integrate gameplay from previous packs here
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    I would think they would stack very well, for those who are interested in deliberately building a filthy world. Sulani will be able to have smog, like all worlds except Strangerville and destinations, and it will also be the only world outside of Evergreen Harbor that can have random trash build-up around the world.

It's not what I'm going for, but I could see that being a lot of fun for some people.
  • Options
    l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    It was mentioned that Sulani, Strangerville, and vacation destinations will not be affected by the environment in eco
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    l0keyrose wrote: »
    It was mentioned that Sulani, Strangerville, and vacation destinations will not be affected by the environment in eco

Sulani is affected by the environment with Eco Lifestyle, but vacations worlds and Strangerville are not.
  • Options
    ShalleenShalleen Posts: 2 New Member
    I was disappointed. I want it like the sims3 where you can own a resort. I also miss the jobs of decorator and fashion designer. I like to create things. Also, why not being able to create something like cake decorator? I was disappointed that when the jewelry thing came out we could not design the actual jewelry. They should have ways to be more creative.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited June 2020
    Nowhere was mentioned that Sulani isn't affected by the eco-footprint effects. Please show me a post saying so. It was mentioned that StrangerVille and destination worlds aren't affected (and also hidden lots aren't affected as sims can't live in them, but Realm of Magic says otherwise).

Sulani can be affected (I have made it a greener place). Just Sulani clean-up and eco-footprint are two different things. One does not affect another, so making the world greener won't clean up the island.

Also sunrays/northen lights and smog can be seen in Sulani.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    The effect of pollution : brown sky instead of blue. Sims cough. Ok. Do I care?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I would think they would stack very well, for those who are interested in deliberately building a filthy world. Sulani will be able to have smog, like all worlds except Strangerville and destinations, and it will also be the only world outside of Evergreen Harbor that can have random trash build-up around the world.

It's not what I'm going for, but I could see that being a lot of fun for some people.

I don't think the two types of pollution in Sulani will merge together to give one outcome alone or influence each other. If you clean trash in Sulani you are supposed to get clear skies and more bright foliage and weather. However, the trash you clean you cannot collect to recycle so it doesn't influence the industrial type pollution from Evergreen Harbour.