The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch delayed

Comments

• Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Most likely due to what’s going on in the states right now out of respect. They haven’t said for sure but this is what’s assumed.
    I thought only social media, and music steaming services were participating in blackout tuesday.
  • Options
    daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yikes, some of the replies on Twitter are awful...a lot of upset and angry people out there. Let's get some perspective people!
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    Is there a free update today? If so, what time for people in the US that are Eastern Time?
  • Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    @Tony89 that's what I though too. Welp. I'll be refreshing my twitter
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    The update was delayed. We'll get it tomorrow :smile:
    he/him
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey, in case anyone is missing their thread: heads up that I've merged a few threads together into a single one, as they were similar.
  • Options
    i want the patch naaaowww lol
  • Options
    daisy1989 wrote: »
    Yikes, some of the replies on Twitter are awful...a lot of upset and angry people out there. Let's get some perspective people!

people are upset that the patch didn't release yet?
  • Options
    Mistress_LuxaMistress_Luxa Posts: 62 Member
    I really don’t care when they release the update tbh. It’s an update for a game - people shouldn’t be getting as upset as they are about it being delayed
    funny-cat-gif-2.gif
  • Options
    daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    @Tony89 yes, because they've been waiting a long time etc etc. Also a lot of people were unhappy because of the last minute announcement, lack of communication and The Sims team have made no mention of support for the BLM movement or the social media blackout.

People have a right to be upset of course but should also look at the bigger picture
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Huh, good for them for delaying it if it needs another day. Hopefully tomorrow. Better a patch be delayed than have a major bug that needs to be fixed in it. A downside to games as a live service (among many) is the attitude of release now, fix whenever.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Most likely due to what’s going on in the states right now out of respect. They haven’t said for sure but this is what’s assumed.
    I thought only social media, and music steaming services were participating in blackout tuesday.

From what I have gathered before today someone said bctually blackout Tuesday was suppose to be for all businesses, not for them to participate, but for the consumer to not be on any social media platforms, streaming any music on any platform and to basically not make any purchases from any business especially for those that are silent.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member

I always think of this as maybe they either decided to add something at the last minute or "fixing" something, I just wish they would fix the shading system within the game it ticking like a clock instead of doing graceful transitions throughout the sims day lol

• Options
    I really don’t care when they release the update tbh. It’s an update for a game - people shouldn’t be getting as upset as they are about it being delayed

I just wanted to know why it hasnt been updated yet, if their has been no official announcement for a delay.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,523 Member
    So I came here to see the reaction on the patch, I did not expect a delay. It would have been nice if they would tell us the reason. I am a bit disappointed but in the end it it just one day. :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2020
    So....what in the world is going on in America that they stopped doing their work?

I'm not saying I mind that it was delayed for one day but I'm curious as to why.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    So....what in the world is going on in America that they stopped doing their work?

I'm not saying I mind that it was delayed for one day but I'm curious as to why.

BlackoutTuesday.
    It's African Americans standing up for their rights and to be treated like human beings, after a black man was murdered by the police.
    A lot of social media and companies are standing up with them.
    And MOST likely the team delayed the patch because of this.

BUT some people are losing their minds and are angry about having to wait ONE DAY!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

BlackoutTuesday.
    It's African Americans standing up for their rights and to be treated like human beings, after a black man was murdered by the police.

Ok but what does that have to do with the patch? Are they turning off the lights/electricity everywhere in America?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

BlackoutTuesday.

Ok but what does that have to do with the patch? Are they turning off the lights/electricity everywhere in America?

They are delaying to remember the protest and black lives (though not confirmed but MOST likely.)
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020

BlackoutTuesday.

No, it's a day of not being vain on social media and acknowledging Black people and their right to equality. No one is posting much on social media except posts about how to respect Black people and listen to their experiences. So the patch presumably wouldn't be brought out so as not to divert attention away from the cause.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I really doubt that the situation in America would affect a sims patch y'all. If they were cancelling it "in solidarity" they would've said that, they probably just found a bug last minute and had to fix it before releasing the patch. No worries.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top