Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst Game Pack

Comments

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    The worst pack in my opinion is Vampires. When I read what it contained and the gameplay, I knew I did not even want it. I don't own it.

seems a bit like cheating to me, to vote a pack without having played it. I think the point of the vote was to gain insights from those who have played.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I don't hate outdoor retreat, but it is pretty empty. It should have been a stuff pack!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    This is the pack I see no point to. I can do all these without going to vacation world. If we ever one day get the chance to buy or live in vacation worlds maybe this pack will go up a few ranks. Until then it my least fav pack.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited May 2020
    Outdoor Retreat
    I had it since March 2017 and only took my Sims camping 3 times! During those trips, I found the hidden lot and met the hermit once - the final trip. On both trips 1&2, the fire inside the fire-ring got out! So I didn't even bother to use it on the third (and final) trip. Most of the times, I just forget about Granite Falls - not intentionally. Just 9 out of 10 times, I just forget it's there. To be honest, I really don't use the build/buy items too often...

BUT...

NLG3b9J.png
    Without the Outdoor Retreat pack, I wouldn't have the hairstyle needed for Lisa Bunch!
    QG2GR6J.png
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Vampires
    @5782341b77vl she is a very pretty sim
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Spa Day
    I don't hate spa day... but even though I like the items that come with it, I rarely use any of the gameplay in it.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Vampires
    It's a bit of a toss up between Jungle Adventure and Vampires. I was going to buy Vampires just for the new world, but in the end decided I wasn't interested in a gloomy looking world. I did buy JA but get freaked out every time I take my Sims there. Spiders, snakes and other creepy crawlies are just too much for me even though it is just a game. I traveled to many places in my past, and saw a lot of different insects, lizards, snakes, etc. but for some reason I just can't handle those being in my game. So my Sims go to the town on day trips to learn the culture, and stay out of the jungle.
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Strangerville
    The worst pack in my opinion is Vampires. When I read what it contained and the gameplay, I knew I did not even want it. I don't own it.

seems a bit like cheating to me, to vote a pack without having played it. I think the point of the vote was to gain insights from those who have played.

I would disagree. I said Strangerville is the worst pack, I've seen the trailer, official gameplay, live stream, and multiple people play it on youtube and it is not for me; I refuse to buy it. Other people have said dine out is the worst due to it being glitchy ( which is very true) even though they don't own it either; but I'm pretty sure they saw enough about that pack to make up their minds about it. Vampires has been out long enough for them to decided whether the items/gameplay is to their liking.

I for one think that Vampires is one of the best fleshed out packs that TS4 has, but if someone doesn't like Vampires/occults in general, then to them it's the worst Game pack for them. Especially if they really like the build & buy and CAS items, but are forced to have Vampires running around breaking into their houses during gameplay.

Overall, if someone feels like a pack is so bad that they refuse to add it to their collection I think it accounts for something.

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Amandèle wrote: »
    I don't hate it but it's kind of boring...

Boring yes. I do enjoy the camping gear, and herbal remedies but going to Granite Falls...
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    outdoor retreat was lame lame lame
  • Options
    DarthAsianKarenDarthAsianKaren Posts: 30 Member
    Jungle Adventures
    Jungle adventure is my least favorite because there aren't any good mods to make it better like the other game packs.
  • Options
    ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood doesn't add enough gameplay, in my opinion. I'd love if there was more to it than offspring earning traits that just give access to a few new social interactions.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I enjoy different kinds of gameplay, so sometimes I'm in the mood for adventure and sometimes I just need some good old family drama (I would probably play in a realistic style more if the base game was better overall, but that's a different subject). So I have all packs and I do send my sims to the spa and camping, and discipline toddlers often enough--even Strangerville I played more than once. And while I utterly h a t e d managing restaurants, a lot of my stories take place in commercial venues, so I do use them.

Sure, maybe Spa Day could have been a Stuff Pack instead, but I pick Realm of Magic because I feel it's the weakest for such a rich concept. Vampires is the most well done overall, though if you're not into occults you'll find a pretty good system wasted lol.
  • Options
    aircastle87aircastle87 Posts: 21 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor retreat. I only have this one, parenthood, and jungle adventure. I like the other 2 but I’ve had zero play for this. I got it really cheap so that’s why I have it, plus I thought I’d enjoy the herbalism aspect as I go foraging irl but I found it very time consuming to do and find and gather ingredients.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    You can really tell Outdoor Retreat was their first attempt at a Game Pack. I haven't sent my sims to Granite Falls for years. Let's put it this way: I have mods that make it so you have to have all ingredients to make food/flower arrangements/etc. But I also have a mod so you DON'T need all the ingredients to do herbalism.

Still, I use the build/buy and CAS stuff a lot, so I'd miss it if it was gone.

Second place is probably Strangerville. I liked that they tried something different with it, it's just the replay value is nonexistent. But! Again, I like the build/buy and CAS stuff, so I'm glad I have it. :P
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Parenthood
    So many people hate Strangerville for being linear or restricting... I just want to share my point of view for this GP.
    I liked the concept of Strangetown from TS2 though I thought it was a bit disappointing. UFO crash site that you couldn't explore. Despite the mystery in text descriptions, it was just another peaceful town. Strangerville is like Strangetown with a REAL mystery, a reason which gives some sense to the Paranoid trait. No matter if the mystery can be resolved so fast (I don't even have to do it!), I just like the fact it exists. It adds some depth to the Sim-world. I prefer towns that have some "history", and in Strangerville history is reflected in the gameplay.

Some packs (EPs and GPs) add "general" features that almost everyone finds useful. But some are concentrated on more specific gameplay that not-everyone may like but someone will love! As for me, I prefer the second type of pack for being more original and interesting.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Spa Day
    Spa Day has less content than all the others, and it's very laggy and broken. I can't get yoga classes to even start anymore.

Dine Out is also extremely laggy, but it at least still functions. It doesn't work every single time, but most of the time it does. Spa Day never works anymore. I don't know what update broke it, because it was just fine when I first got it, but not anymore. It's been a couple years of it not working properly and they still haven't patched it.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited May 2020
    Realm of Magic
    Not a fan of supernaturals at all, and I also didn't like the CAS and Build/Buy content either. I only bought it because I like to have every pack installed in my game (and also because the portals were useful for a mod that I made). Vampires is also supernatural-themed, but at least the Build/Buy mode content was good (especially the wall cracks, rips, cobwebs). My favorite game pack is tied between Spa Day and Dine Out.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Spa Day
    almost went with outdoor retreat but i use a lot of the stuff in that for rags to riches. spa day however? eh.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
    Vampires
    I selected Vampires not because it's a bad pack but simply because I don't play Vampires. I have Vlad in my game but I only see him occasionally around town. Usually tending bar.
  • Options
    GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Like how Luxury Party is one of the worst stuff packs. I get it they were the first packs of their kind in the series and gurus were still figuring out how much they could fit into a GP or SP. But OR is still pretty boring. There's really not much to do in Granite Falls.
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I was expecting to do more things, but it felt boring to me.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I love the idea of Outdoor Retreat, but it makes me so sad that my Sims can’t live in its perfect world. I use gameplay and objects from it, though.

I never use Spa Day, so I almost voted for that pack.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Dine Out
    "Dine Out" is near the bottom of my "to get" list because it's a very glitchy pack, even now. All I hear about it is about long wait times in the restaurants and weird glitches with Toddlers and staff not working right...Yeah, it sounds like it's still a real mess.

Conversely, "Outdoor Retreat" is actually one of my favorite packs. I use items from it all the time, and a vacation in a National Park has been a big plot event in two of my saves. I also really enjoyed "Strangerville," because I loved having a big bad monster to take down and I really would like to see a "plot builder" in the future to create our own mission-based stories...Also, a monster builder and a dungeon builder with it so we can create some really fun and interesting adventures to play through and share with other players. But, I'm just weird like that...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I actually like Spa Day a lot. Dine Out needs to be updated so that the restaurants aren't bugged. It used to be one of my favorites, but recently the restaurants are pretty broken.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.