Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst Game Pack

What is your least favourite game pack? Why?

Worst Game Pack 221 votes

Outdoor Retreat
28%
Linnyxx17icmnfrshIcewolfYunaOmri147BlkBarbiegalColorist40PlayerSinger2010sam123StrangerthanSageRainWillowelanorbretonANNETTE1951SxcDannii202Sjofnaircastle87DeathCoil13Lustianiciaaecollins21taydev 63 votes
Spa Day
9%
CamkatMagdaleenaliliaethBluellecheesetruckBabykittyjadeAPottsPaulmarch76MaggieMarleyCeridwenStarfreeSheepilingthenightcourtAtreya33SimDestroyerPeculiarPlumbobcheescaeksTTNsimmernerdfashionTheFlyingGentleman 21 votes
Dine Out
11%
Montrase102sennawalessikasika18papertongueRavager619Fro83Onverserryttu3kSimsLovinLycangarapoesScobreMDianaSimsTaraIris94lola777GrumpyGlowfishjoRN1414scoed1227DuskregnWallSims4everMrSunshine 25 votes
Vampires
11%
BluegayleGoth583love7680ShortyBooSnuffyBucketsimgirl1010Paigeisin5Moon_WillowJesskig01denswanxMyrtheDaravidoogerieEricasFreePlaysirEvilyn_1007JeemBellesim67SimAlexandrianetney52 25 votes
Parenthood
4%
ChanticoMistress_LuxaLenaDietersrjssimBrinnLiELFAirakaleDaepheneZebSims 9 votes
Jungle Adventures
3%
GalacticGalnicolechartrandGirklMoonfoxNightcryloutredorMaddieplaysgamesDarthAsianKaren 7 votes
Strangerville
23%
CK213Erja888alexspoom13alan650111AlrynnIsb917jcs7219AnmirlafreindlylolAllison18marcel21tabasheTheGreatGorlontinaestellepajamajam07smurf45bluespice3TeeSeagraventheSimmerSophie96 51 votes
Realm of Magic
9%
Jderrick094SimpatsyannjimbbqmjalletHarukotyanlasummerbChadSims2lexus20EnkiSchmidtRedShoe7j1z1phoenixstar188HopeyStarrbelle10Evie0602Lady_BalloraAmapola76Imjastdearie_blossomBattleGoose 20 votes

Comments

• Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I don't hate it but it's kind of boring...
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    JeemJeem Posts: 5 New Member
    Vampires
    Vampires is annoying for me
    I play about 40 soms amd don't want my sims to turn into vampires
  • Options
    xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    edited May 2020
    Vampires
    So I actually really like all of them! But I play with vampires the least because I feel like it's so secluded to this one area of gameplay which it heavily influences whereas all the other packs are more easily incorporated in all sorts of play styles.
    I don't have RoM yet though, probably for the same reason.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Vampires
    I don't think it is the worst pack, far from it. I simply have no interest in vamps.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Strangerville
    I enjoyed it but there's no replay value once you finish the story. I love the Build Buy items and the military career though so I don't regret owning it
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Strangerville
    I love all the game packs (especially Vampires which is my favourite) except Strangerville. I still like the world, career, and CAS/BB items, but I prefer packs that are more versatile for creating my own stories. Realm of Magic was also a big disappointment for me. I was hoping that non-spellcaster sims could learn an alchemy skill similar to vampire lore or if not vampires and other occults could become spellcasters too. I was also hoping that spellcaster child and toddler sims would have some magic. I still like the pack, but I don't use it as much as I would like to.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Strangerville
    StrangerVille. It's the only GP I don't own as it is story based. Hey, this is "The Sims" - a sandbox game, not a story-based game. I hope EAxis will never try that again! However, Jungle Adventure is a close second as I only went to the jungle about three times and I don't use CAS or B/B that much.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Spa Day
    I hate massages and people I don't know touching me IRL and it makes me cringe for my simmies too. The fact that I will never enjoy this pack is probably more of a me problem though than the pack actually being bad.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Vampires
    Wow a lot of hate for outdoor retreat here it's odd as that was one of my faverots.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I voted for Realm of Magic because it reminded me too much of the scientist career, duels got boring very fast and children can‘t do magic (so no way for a Harry Potter save). I liked the practical spells.

I didn’t see Strangerville on the list though. I’d like to change my answer. Strangerville (the gameplay aspect) was just awful and doesn‘t suit this kind of game. It has no replay value, is linear and the „storyline“ is non-existent. Why does the thing exist? Did someone create it or did it happen by accident? What is its goal? Is it even evil or did it just act in self defense because some crazy sims started attacking it for no reason at all? Saying „there is some strange thing that you need to destroy“ is not a storyline. I hope they never release a pack like this ever again.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Spa Day
    I was debating between OR and SD but decided to go with SD simply because I never make my sims go to the spa. Maybe if there was a spa already in the save when I begin but I don't wanna waste a precious lot in my world to have a spa where my sims go maybe once.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Dine Out
    For me it is dine out, it just doesn't function properly so I feel buyers remorse.
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Parenthood
    Now I cannot ignore my Sims’ kids and let them grow up on their own, great...
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Amandèle wrote: »
    I don't hate it but it's kind of boring...

There is almost nothing to do. I find it completely boring and empty to be honest. We can literally only play horseshoe?
  • Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    There isn't much to do. In comparison to Jungle Adventures where you gain skill points by talking to villagers and you have to do puzzles, OR is kinda boring. I like it a bit, but I was kinda dissapointed when I first played it.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood was the only GP that I haven't bought on the release day and waited for a sale. There is not much gameplay to me.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor Retreat. Is it bad that I keep forgetting it exists?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Strangerville
    You play the storyline once & then you’re done with it. Build mode items are forgettable. The only thing decent about this pack are the CAS items.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    It's so boring.
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor Retreat. It's supposed to be a vacation pack to get your sims out of their normal daily routine, but once you go camping there's really not much to do. We got... tents, horseshoes, cloud gazing, and stuff around the campfire, but not much else.

I guess fishing is nice if your sim wasn't an outdoorsman to begin with. There's also herbalism, but running around collecting plants, bugs, and fish doesn't bring a whole lot to the table. If there was a pack that needed new content, it'd be this one.

Maybe bring back Bigfoot, ax throwing, archery, or have more direct interactions between the Scouting system in Seasons and this pack.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Strangerville
    It's almost a tie between Outdoor Retreat and Strangerville for me.

What I dislike most about Outdoor Retreat is sims you invite to go with your sims will leave.
    I want to invite a group of various sims and spend this time working on relationships for a couple of days.
    I hate when they just leave. I believe I had invited 4 sims. Only one stayed overnight

Well, after she tried to sleep out by the rest room.
    04-04-15_11-40nbspPM.png

I had to have one of my sims go get her.
    04-04-15_11-41nbspPM-2.png

She went to bed, but left first thing in the morning.
    04-05-15_12-21nbspAM.png

Strangerville, I really can't get into the linear game play.
    I didn't even finish. I got tired of doing checklists. You have to get this key, and get this filter, and this suit... no thought process, no finding creative work-arounds, just follow the instructions. :p

If they are going to do packs of this type, the game play should be different depending on the personality and skills of your sim.
    That would help with replay value. Jungle adventures had a little of that. Those little rabbit hole journeys through the gates were made easy or difficult depending on your sim and items they had acquired for the trip.

I had a great set up for it too. Aliens in disguise, Mulder and Scully, a fun government installation, and a couple of minor characters.
    Maybe I will finish it someday.
    03-13-19_7-08-55nbspAM.png

03-14-19_9-32-48nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor retreat for me, though Strangerville is a close 2nd. The pack is pretty forgettable to me since I dont really take my sims camping much. And when I do its really for like 2 days at best since there isnt alot for them to do. To make it more interesting in one save, I turned all of Granite Falls into a music festival site and camp grounds.
  • Options
    MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Dine Out
    Themewise, I like Dine Out. However, compared to other packs, DO has more bugs.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited May 2020
    Outdoor Retreat
    StrangerVille's main premise was poorly done and one of the worst executed packs in the franchise. The behind-the-scenes drama and meta issues just make it worse. The spying mechanic was underdeveloped and useless. Buuut it also came with a nice neighborhood, interesting lore and solid BB/CASsets. I use StrangerVille itself as a dead-end loser town my sims dream of leaving.

Meanwhile, Outdoor Retreat is so meh. Granite Falls offers nothing but some bugs and plants, Herbalism is nothing, and there's nothing really special about it besides tents. So I'll go with OR.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Vampires
    The worst pack in my opinion is Vampires. When I read what it contained and the gameplay, I knew I did not even want it. I don't own it.