Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WORLD PACKS? BIGGER WORLDS? PLEASE

Comments

• Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I'd love to see bigger worlds as well. Windenburg is an example-it's a nice big world! I'd also love to see a world that's located in the inner city..one with NO water around at all. We need more inner-city type worlds. I'm tired of seeing worlds that have countless bodies of water in it/surrounded by water. Give us inner city worlds,EA!

Yes, I would like that too. But I also don't want a world to be fully enclosed in backdrops.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The potential for the inner city idea already exists if you have the City Living pack. Cities - even small ones - are large sprawling places, but the lots one is allowed to go are ridiculously small. While there is walkable area around them, this also is limited. How about doubling, even tripling the amount of walkable area. Why not have some of those many doors be the entrances to community lots. What if there were bus/subway stops where by clicking you went to one of the other city areas. Even if there was a loading screen with a bus/subway car it would be better and more realistic than what we now have. Why couldn't some doors lead to apartments? In TS2 when you go to an apartment building any apartment not lived in by a playable sim is lived in by a townie. This would both make it possible to meet new sims and end the 'no body lives here' notice you now get if you happen to click on the door to one of the few apartments that do exist. The stage is available, all we need is for EA to either set it up, or give us the tools to do so ourselves.
  • Options
    TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member

Hopefully when they go to extend the worlds and the neighborhoods, do not forget the functional streets for the cars. We do not forget them!

urbz_arrest_by_hazzaplumbob-db5cawh.png
    Picture from "Project Urbz Reboot"
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    SuxelaSuxela Posts: 93 Member
    edited October 2018
    I just came across this and am dying. I’ve been looking into like what lilsimsie is doing and just creating new saves, but it’s such a pain. The building and the creating is so fun, but even the most creative people will run out of ideas to do on the same worlds over and over again without any variation to the world itself. Not to mention, all of the neighborhoods combined still is very small, even having all of the packs to date. All of the styles I love and ideas I have can’t be packed into it. I’d love more or bigger worlds, and it’s a shame that CAW might not be happening. Maybe in TS5 whenever it comes out. I suppose I can be patient until then, but i’m aching for it. And I have so many ideas that I wish I could work for EA but it’s based in America and I’m not planning on moving back there. One idea I have for a world expansion is making Sixam available for sims to live on. It’s such a beautiful world, and it’s a shame one can only visit it until the need so of the sim go down.
  • Options
    ZerofireZerofire Posts: 11 New Member
    Bigger worlds would definitely make the game much better imo. I get so disappointed whenever I load a world and I just see so few lots and buildings.
  • Options
    SuxelaSuxela Posts: 93 Member
    I'd like caw. I'd be fine if there were a cap on it, like maybe only 5 worlds to create at a time, but It would definitely be alot better for my story-telling ideas
  • Options
    ThingyChanThingyChan Posts: 26 Member
    Ah i like that, it reminds me of sims 3 i think
  • Options
    ThingyChanThingyChan Posts: 26 Member
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > Add re-sizeable lotsand I'm in.

Yeah definitely. I wish I would have more 20x15 lots!
  • Options
    MrsD0707MrsD0707 Posts: 16 Member
    I'd love this too!!!!!
  • Options
    RoxicsGirl22RoxicsGirl22 Posts: 5 New Member
    I completely agree! We need bigger worlds! More variety of plot sizes too
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Would love this and if they changed it in build/buy that you could edit the lot sizes in current worlds. If you make the lot bigger than the original plans it'll cost more or cost less if you make the lot smaller than the original lot plan. Having open neighborhood sections (the area that you can see when you load into the lot) would be nice too so you can visit neighbors or the w/e is in the vicinity without hitting a load screen.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    We need more large worlds like Windenburg.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    What we need is the TS2 model where the worlds are open, fully customizable, and we can lay down lots of various sizes wherever we want.
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Yassssss!! @John_Salonica I feel like the world's could at least have more neighborhoods with lots that can be built on. Windenburg an San Myshuno should be the standard!! Brindleton, Del Sol, and Strangerville should have been bigger
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I'd be happy if they allow us to place smaller lots on the area occupied by the really large lots, so instead of one 64x64 lot, we could have 4 15x15 lots.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I'd be happy if they allow us to place smaller lots on the area occupied by the really large lots, so instead of one 64x64 lot, we could have 4 15x15 lots.

You can put a small house on a big lot, but you can't put a house that is bigger on a small lot.
  • Options
    catitude5 wrote: »

You can put a small house on a big lot, but you can't put a house that is bigger on a small lot.

A lot that big is usually a park, and we already have the free roam area set up as parks with grills, picnic tables, kids play areas, wild flowers, public toilets and what not. Most lots included with the game are big lots. Some people prefer to play and build small houses on small lots. As we can't place our own lots wherever we like and there's a fixed space for lot placement, I jut think it would be nice if we were able to place more than one lot on the same area, depending on what size of house we want to build. I don't want to replace a big lot with a small lot, I just want to be able to split up the big lot into smaller lots and place them there like we did in TS2 and TS3.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, I play over multiple generations and am CONSTANTLY finding myself cramped for space. Do this day, Get Together is one of my favrotie packs SOLELY because it actually gave us a decent amount of lots of play on! IMO, EVERY new world should have AT LEAST as many lots on it as Windenburg lol.
  • Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Yeah, I play over multiple generations and am CONSTANTLY finding myself cramped for space. Do this day, Get Together is one of my favrotie packs SOLELY because it actually gave us a decent amount of lots of play on! IMO, EVERY new world should have AT LEAST as many lots on it as Windenburg lol.

Windenburg is definitely the biggest , prettiest ,diverse world in the sims 4 so far. Tbh, space is not my problem (I dont even use newcrest), but having many worlds just makes me want to play the game more..And btw to everyone , I think that all the worlds in the sims 4 are very beautiful and detailed, but I still believe that they could be a little bit larger ( for example Del sol valley). Saluni, and brindleton bay are fine
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    chibisama08chibisama08 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just started playing TS4 and I've spent SO much time trying to decide which neighborhood I wanted to start in because....it's all so tiny! All the unoccupied lots are like...20x40 and smaller for the most part and I only ever see around unoccupied lots per neighborhood and it's making me really sad and kind of disappointed in myself that I splurged on packs before really diving in, but I'm so accustomed to older sims games and they all had plenty of space. Sometimes I love going in and just building a huge ridiculous house as a goal for my sims to get to, but I feel like I can't do that unless I boot a premade family out of their house because that's where all the biggest lots are!
    Seriously, 2 unoccupied lots in glimmerbrook...2 and they're both really small...come on guys, you can do better, we know that because you HAVE. All the money you rake in off all these 124593545 packs per game and you can't put a bit more work into keeping a standard?

I gotta say if no one is going to care about at least keeping their new games on par with their old games with this kinda stuff, then I won't be buying into it anymore. You may have gotten my money for this, but when sims 5 comes out you won't
    It's no wonder they came out with a tiny living pack, geeze
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

A lot that big is usually a park, and we already have the free roam area set up as parks with grills, picnic tables, kids play areas, wild flowers, public toilets and what not. Most lots included with the game are big lots. Some people prefer to play and build small houses on small lots. As we can't place our own lots wherever we like and there's a fixed space for lot placement, I jut think it would be nice if we were able to place more than one lot on the same area, depending on what size of house we want to build. I don't want to replace a big lot with a small lot, I just want to be able to split up the big lot into smaller lots and place them there like we did in TS2 and TS3.

In TS2, when Apartment Life was released, I would lay down the biggest lot possible, build a good number of houses, and stuff it with as many sims as my poor computer's CPU can handle, making it like a mini world of its own. It even had it's own grocery store since the Open For Business EP allowed you to set up a store in a residential/apartment lot.

Would you be able to do that in TS4? If so, give it a try!

• Options

In TS2, when Apartment Life was released, I would lay down the biggest lot possible, build a good number of houses, and stuff it with as many sims as my poor computer's CPU can handle, making it like a mini world of its own. It even had it's own grocery store since the Open For Business EP allowed you to set up a store in a residential/apartment lot.

TS2 didn't have compulsory lot types. And it had proper apartments. TS4 is a completely different beast. The bowling alley needs somewhat larger lot size because of it's length, but all other individual businesses could fit perfectly onto 20x20 lots and smaller.
  • Options

TS2 didn't have compulsory lot types. And it had proper apartments. TS4 is a completely different beast. The bowling alley needs somewhat larger lot size because of it's length, but all other individual businesses could fit perfectly onto 20x20 lots and smaller.

I've looked around and found at least two TS4 builders who have been able to place several homes in a large 64x64 lot:

So hopefully this will give you ideas.

• Options

I've looked around and found at least two TS4 builders who have been able to place several homes in a large 64x64 lot:

Thanks but I am not looking to build homes. Besides there is still an 8 sims limit even on a large lot and no proper apartment doors.
  • Options

Thanks but I am not looking to build homes. Besides there is still an 8 sims limit even on a large lot and no proper apartment doors.

*Sigh* Wish TS2 was still easily available. I was able to stuff 40 sims in that lot I mentioned before. I built 5 homes and the grocery store on that lot.

Is there a mod that will allow you to place more than 8 sims on a lot? If so, then you will be able to download and use those lots already posted if you don't want to build.