Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are your Sims panic buying?

Had some strange stuff going on in my game lately! :D

There is this Sim called Angie who lets just say causes a few problems...

TMjHNCU.jpg

I did not know that Sims brought toilet roll in TS3 but I guess that this is what they are arguing about?

76LblWU.jpg

Of course this happens!

mn2xv57.jpg

Just as well I have a few police around to keep an eye on things!

3RDl3Ic.jpg

Angie loses again...

udQBPFo.jpg
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Heh, no, my sims aren't :lol: .
    I guess the toilet paper became a meme, because it's such a widespread and pointless phenomenon. My last visit to the grocery store was a bit more disappointing. Things that were completely gone:
    Toilet paper (d'oh), paper towels, noodles, rice, cereal, bread (any kind), anything canned, chips and similar snacks, stuff in glasses (well, two glasses of cornichons and two of pickled onions were left), oil, eggs, butter, milk, dish soap, disinfectant, cleaning supplies, most fresh vegetables and fruit (I guess people just wanted to buy something when the noodles were gone), and other stuff I probably forgot. It looked like those video clips from Venezuela. There were still three pretzel rolls and some dried sausages that were hidden behind a pillar left, which means I wasn't completely out of luck.

I noticed people had decided against drinking themselves into a stupor, as the alcoholic beverages looked mostly untouched. Also, baking doesn't seem to be in fashion anymore, as there was enough flour and sugar left, and even some margarine (though not much, and none of the big packs).

And no worries, I have enough food at home. I had stocked up on crispbread sometime ago, and I still have some baguettes I can bake in the oven. I also got the last two pieces of packed meat.

So, yes, it's kind of hilarious to look at your pics, but it's still a rather quaint image of the real thing. I guess, with my current cough, I should avoid visiting the store, unless I'm keen on meeting some soul mate of Angie.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    I noticed people had decided against drinking themselves into a stupor, as the alcoholic beverages looked mostly untouched. Also, baking doesn't seem to be in fashion anymore, as there was enough flour and sugar left, and even some margarine (though not much, and none of the big packs).

My husband was supposed to get me my favorite flavor of ice cream last week, because it was on sale. But it was all gone. He was told they'd get some more on Thursday night, so it would be available on Friday, but when he went after work, once again it was all gone, and not just my strawberry cheesecake ice cream, but all of it! They said people were stockpiling... But Ice Cream?!!!!

• Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    OMG!!! Ice Cream?? WOW!! We haven't been hoarding toilet paper here...or anything for that matter. But, I do have a freezer full of venison should someone need something to eat. As far as a side to go with that...forget it! The frozen veggies...GONE!! Calm down...this too shall pass!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Nope. Not much need at the moment since almost all of my sims eventually learn gardening and they'll make enough to feed themselves and the family quite well.

As far as my own family goes, no we haven't really been panic buying.
  • Options
    DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    It's a little ridiculous. We don't need all of this stuff immediately - Especially because if we aren't moving as much (I'm not walking anywhere), we don't need as many calories. It's really taking a lot of food away from people who need it, and is irresponsible and stressing out the entire economic distribution system.
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @IreneSwift That's something I can relate to - stockpiling icecream! :scream:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    edited March 2020
    We're okay for the time being, the only thing that's not been ransacked at our supermarkets are plant based alternatives and vegetarian sausages, and been veggos we should be okay - until the selfish hoarders decide to ransack those as well! There's not been a loo roll in town for a few weeks now, I just do not get the loo roll obsession!
    Difficult times, but we'll get through t if we remain sensible and aware.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I hope that everyone is staying safe!

In the UK a lot of places are introducing rations. Been in both Sainsburys and Tesco and toilet paper and pasta are all gone. New rules have been applied. A lock down is expected this weekend. I was told not to come into work today either. A very strange time!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited March 2020
    Oops, misread title. No, no sims panic buying, not yet anyway. Though they did just come home from Shang Simla. Oops. Wonder if that's why they keep getting sick...

Read through my next paragraph if u feel like, or just skip....

No panic buying here from my fam. We just bought what we felt like we needed for a month or so. Though long as I have ramen noodles/cup of noodles/ teriyaki beef/chicken chow mein, Starbucks Frappuccinos, and chocolate, I'll be happy. :smiley:

Although, asking for a lego set so I wouldn't be entirely bored and ending up with three because my brother said we'd be stuck in the house for a month might count?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Panic buying? Forget it. My sims live in Monte Vista, Italy.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Turjan wrote: »

My husband was supposed to get me my favorite flavor of ice cream last week, because it was on sale. But it was all gone. He was told they'd get some more on Thursday night, so it would be available on Friday, but when he went after work, once again it was all gone, and not just my strawberry cheesecake ice cream, but all of it! They said people were stockpiling... But Ice Cream?!!!!

Funny, because if it goes so bad that we need a freezer full of ice cream, I'm pretty sure they'll be some pretty bad power outages first.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2020
    (ashamed look) I'm afraid I've contributed to the global toilet paper panic thing myself without really meaning to. I was in a large chain store a few days ago for other reasons entirely and bought half of everything they had left on that shelf even though I didn't really need to restock yet. To be fair though, the wall-long shelf only had two large lonely looking packages on it. I got nervous all of a sudden and bought one of them. Maybe I should take it back for a refund so someone else can buy it. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    edited March 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    (ashamed look) I'm afraid I've contributed to the global toilet paper panic thing myself without really meaning to. I was in a large chain store a few days ago for other reasons entirely and bought half of everything they had left on that shelf even though I didn't really need to restock yet. To be fair though, the wall-long shelf only had two large lonely looking packages on it. I got nervous all of a sudden and bought one of them. Maybe I should take it back for a refund so someone else can buy it. :/

That's hardly being greedy, that was being sensible and looking after yourself when there are so many [Removed-CM] out there - ooh, that's probably why they are all hoarding loo roll! They're all [Removed-CM]!
    Keep it, enjoy it, praise it! :)
    Plus, use it sparingly!
    Being greedy would have been taking both of them with no respect to anyone else!
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    My sims are too poor at the moment to buy anything! They grow most of the stuff they eat in their garden. :D

Myself, I have to admit to buying ice cream last week, which is still in the freezer. I also would have bought toilet paper today, but there wasn´t a single roll in sight. (Flour was also gone.)
    So if @igazor could please return that package... Just kidding :D (a) I don´t really need it and b) I don´t think we live in the same town, let alone on the same continent.)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Not panic buying. Yet. I think we all should be more thankful for what we already got.

Xb6FFfO.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    My sims decided to give up paper and they take a shower after using the toilet.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Planting a garden instead.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    The local Ruler of Riverview have decided to give all residents a "The Not So Routine Machine" to take care of their hygiene and food worries. Once the problem is over they will return them to the emergency warehouse for maintenance and storage until needed again. :lol:
  • Options
    @Rflong7 Which machine is that? I like the toilet/shower' combo that comes in one of the EPs. Two needs taken care of in one! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    It's this one -

Thumbnail_195x195.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @Rflong7 My Sims prefer the more simple things: :D

original.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Rflong7 My Sims prefer the more simple things: :disappointed:

original.jpg

Poor Sims. Do you make them eat in there, too? ;)
  • Options
    @Rflong7 I put the sad face emoji by mistake. I once had a few of these at university as that is where they seem to be most needed!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    My Sims that live in Moonlight Falls are not panic buying, and instead are becoming more self-sufficent
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @king_of_simcity7: no. My sims aren’t panic buying. My game is an escape from the real world. I don’t need my anxiety up.
    :) Smile!