Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite Sims 3 EP and why?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Generations and Seasons are my favorites. I also like Pets, Late Night, Showtime, Ambitions, and Island Paradise. I’m neutral towards Supernatural and I usually keep World Adventures, University Life, and Into the Future uninstalled because I find them annoying.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Pets and Seasons but they’re also the only ones that I have. I regret not getting Generations because I’m sure I’d like it. But I played on a mac and it was laggy already with only two EPs, so.....
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    My favorite is Seasons - love all the seasonal activities, holidays, festivals but since I like SIMS 3 scenery the changing landscapes are my favorite. Although I do like the changing weather I think there is too much rain so I use NRaas Tempest mod to have more control of the weather.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Generations, Into the Future, and Seasons are my faves. Generations as it adds a lot of depth, ItF as it adds its own Sci-Fi charm, Seasons as it adds realistic variety - and the awesomest aliens.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    If I had to pick a singular favorite EP, it would be World Adventures. Putting the vacation/adventuring worlds aside, I love how the pack opens up a variety of new game play. The new skills and objects are complimentary to what already exists in the base game. For example, I can expand my Artists artistic skills by adding the photography skill to them.

A simple item such as 'Shower in A Can' has changed the way I play with my Athletes. No longer are workouts confined to a physical (digital) gym. Thanks to this item Jogging has become more tolerable when the 'green steam' begins! The nectar making skill and nectar machine has allowed for me to give my fancy 'Bistro-type' restaurants a 'nectar' list and create some top level nectar.

The travel + owning a vacation home feature has allowed me to create and add import/export businesses to my worlds. I will have my Sim purchase a vacation home and start a garden of whatever native produce is available. If my Sim owns a grocery store, restaurant or bakery in their home world, I have them bring that produce home to sell in their shops as-is or in edible goods.

Sports stars, police officers and military personnel alike have all benefited from the additional workout which the martial arts provide. The tourism system allows for some very interesting Sims to enter my home world for my journalism Sims to speak with and write about. There's just so much more!
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    My personal favorites are University, Seasons, Generations and Into the Future...I love that you can give your sims a leg up if you play legacy style like I do. I don't want them to be completely dirt poor...but it's nice to have the option to have them succeed in life (or not >:) ) I have purposefully flunked a sim just to see what happened! In both TS2 and TS3...it's so much funnier in the former!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Can't pick.

1. I use World Adventures <3 in a majority of the games I start. There's so much packed into it.
    2. I still get a goofy look if I watch the trailer to Seasons. <3
    3. Generations is a great one.
    4. University is great, but I cheat and take shower in a can from World A and best friend and wake up potions from Supernatural.
    5. I love living on houseboats and diving underwater Island Paradise. <3
    6. I love vampires, <3 so the city one too.