Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is what Sims 4 is lacking

Comments

• Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Watching videos like this makes me really wish I could have played TS2 :/

Why cant you? I still play it on my comp, its windows 10.
    I wish they could make it available on steam or origin or some other service. Along with ts1

I REALLY wish they would make TS1 and TS2 available on GOG games. GOG games often work when other platforms don't, since they have a much lower (if any) DRM. They specialize in old, deprecated games that are no longer supported by their manufacturers - and make them compatible with modern computers. Since there is no SecureROM on those games, they actually work.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2020
    Without wanting to downplay the video (actual amazing details in there, like water dripping on the lower floor, that should be so obvious, that indeed is a detail that matters) I'm quite positive Sims 3 does nr. 58 as well. Getting water out of their ears? And 59 as well (sloppy eating). And as for 62: Sims 3 also has different reactions to certain interactions. Like, when you break up with a hopeless romantic, they will break down, where sims with commitment issues just shrug. All other sims will start yelling at the other sim.

I also think he put some stuff in there now that's just, like, features? Like the surprise proposal. I'm sure Sims 3 and 4 have features and interactions Sims 2 doesn't have. The games are not copies from each other. That's not detail, that's a feature, an option. It would be 'more detail' if the other games had the same option but less detailed.

As for students automatically being accompanied by their parents, I actually don't like that? That's the game deciding whether I want that and I don't want the game to decide that. Maybe they don't have that kind of relationship. It's also not realistic, my parents didn't drop me off when I went to college lol. In Sims 3 you can choose whether you want that hardwarming interaction between parent and student. I prefer that.

Silas_054_zps106ac244.png
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

I was about to post this when I saw you already had! lol.

The coolest thing about these videos was that I've been playing The Sims 2 solidly for a very, very long time - and I still play it regularly.

And there were things in here that I didn't know about.

That's incredible to me. So much heart, so much depth, so much randomness to uncover, so much fun!
  • Options
    Lukas11xxfLukas11xxf Posts: 11 New Member
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > Without wanting to downplay the video (actual amazing details in there, like water dripping on the lower floor, that should be so obvious, that indeed is a detail that matters) I'm quite positive Sims 3 does nr. 58 as well. Getting water out of their ears? And 59 as well (sloppy eating). And as for 62: Sims 3 also has different reactions to certain interactions. Like, when you break up with a hopeless romantic, they will break down, where sims with commitment issues just shrug. All other sims will start yelling at the other sim.
    >
    > I also think he put some stuff in there now that's just, like, features? Like the surprise proposal. I'm sure Sims 3 and 4 have features and interactions Sims 2 doesn't have. The games are not copies from each other. That's not detail, that's a feature, an option. It would be 'more detail' if the other games had the same option but less detailed.
    >
    > As for students automatically being accompanied by their parents, I actually don't like that? That's the game deciding whether I want that and I don't want the game to decide that. Maybe they don't have that kind of relationship. It's also not realistic, my parents didn't drop me off when I went to college lol. In Sims 3 you can choose whether you want that hardwarming interaction between parent and student. I prefer that.
    >
    > (Image)

You can turn off that cinematic, which will have the college kid get dropped off without their parent.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @JoAnne65 Sims 4's life cycle has been longer than Sims 2 and 3, has more Expansion Packs than Sims 2, and more Stuff Pack than all sims games. It also has Game Packs that no other has. That list of features should've been in Sims 4 at this point.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 Sims 4's life cycle has been longer than Sims 2 and 3, has more Expansion Packs than Sims 2, and more Stuff Pack than all sims games. It also has Game Packs that no other has. That list of features should've been in Sims 4 at this point.
    Quantity over Quality. Just because an iteration has more packs doesn't mean that they are fleshed out as well. With the Sims 4 even over five years later it still feels half baked to many Simmers and issues from launch day still haven't been addressed including relationships and odd clipping and roofing and memory leaks just to name a few things. Modern and Victorian have been the major focus while other iterations were more inclusive to other styles and the focus on rich households and straight adult females only with Build/Buy/gameplay makes other time periods and age and gender and culture lacking. Sims 4 has the laziest and most dumb Sims yet which SimGuruLyndsay agreed upon these Sims being dumb with the recent podcast. I want Sims to get active in sports, do other activities that are stereotypical female activities, and live in different locations and time periods. Sims 4 has a very narrow focus that will get outdated and it barely started opening up with culture other than American just in the past couple years starting with Jungle Adventures. I know Get Together was trying with culture, but other than the world, there is nothing cultural about the game play with it that can't be done in the bay area. I want the focus to expand wider than the area of the bay area for the game to the world. But as it is now, target market is bay area which I know is a dream location for some Simmers but not for everyone. Not everyone wants to live like a Guru or a Gamechanger. Some of us have dreams beyond that. My reality and the reality I see with others is more of an underdog which is probably why I can relate to supernaturals more. They are hated in this iteration just like how I have been hated with some in the Sims community for being different. Sims 4 is just not inclusive towards those of us who are different and don't fit into the "preppy" mold. I prefer the deeper subjects of life.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    janjanbarbiejanjanbarbie Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes TS2 just had so much life to it. Sims didn't have emotions but all these little details gave them so much more personality. For example going to restaurant was so much more fleshed out experience. TS4 advertises always you can tell your story but in reality you really can't. You can't skip on a bill or propose in dinner table. There is no miss Crumblebottom or stuff like that. It feels like other sims doesn't react to your sim unless you talk to them. In TS2 NPC etc were always reacting to everything.
  • Options
    HyawehHyaweh Posts: 39 Member
    I love the sims 4 and I hope that in the next years they will improve it so it would be the perfect game. I have to admit that sadly I sometimes get bored because it lacks of randomness and surprises event.

According to me, for the game to be better it needs:

- More random event like divorce, death, broken house that needs to move out, being fired, etc.
    - More fun details like a neighbor who hits you if you kiss in public (remind you something? ^^ ) or a thief who comes time to time. That would be so funny if sometimes we can defeat him and sometimes we can't.
    - kids alive. They don't give us anything for kids because we don't use them. But we don't use them because we don't have anything for them. Do you see the vicious circle here? Make kids laughing randomly, play with their toys together, running after each other in the house, play hide and seek. Make them sulk time to time so it would be so cute to see.

I wish I could watch my sim and suddenly laugh because they do something funny. For exemple, one day I was at the gym with my sim and let her do whatever by herself. She suddenly flirted with Bob in front of Elisa. Elisa was so mad she slapped my sim. It was so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fun ! Because my sim didn't even know Bob I have no idea why she started being flirty to him ! That was the game lack... some random and fun actions !
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • Options
    Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    Hyaweh wrote: »
    I love the sims 4 and I hope that in the next years they will improve it so it would be the perfect game. I have to admit that sadly I sometimes get bored because it lacks of randomness and surprises event.

According to me, for the game to be better it needs:

- More random event like divorce, death, broken house that needs to move out, being fired, etc.
    - More fun details like a neighbor who hits you if you kiss in public (remind you something? ^^ ) or a thief who comes time to time. That would be so funny if sometimes we can defeat him and sometimes we can't.
    - kids alive. They don't give us anything for kids because we don't use them. But we don't use them because we don't have anything for them. Do you see the vicious circle here? Make kids laughing randomly, play with their toys together, running after each other in the house, play hide and seek. Make them sulk time to time so it would be so cute to see.

I wish I could watch my sim and suddenly laugh because they do something funny. For exemple, one day I was at the gym with my sim and let her do whatever by herself. She suddenly flirted with Bob in front of Elisa. Elisa was so mad she slapped my sim. It was so 🌺🌺🌺🌺 fun ! Because my sim didn't even know Bob I have no idea why she started being flirty to him ! That was the game lack... some random and fun actions !

Yes, and it doesn't even have to be "random"! Though, I like the randomness you mention with the flirting.

But if someone yells and screams at their spouse for an hour, they shouldn't then get happy because they had a good dinner. It should affect the relationship, and lead to divorce! It's SO BORING that no matter what you do, everyone is just happy or fine, and they forget that they hated this person a minute ago.

Bad things happen in life. Let's simulate that!
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Quantity over Quality. Just because an iteration has more packs doesn't mean that they are fleshed out as well. With the Sims 4 even over five years later it still feels half baked to many Simmers and issues from launch day still haven't been addressed including relationships and odd clipping and roofing and memory leaks just to name a few things. Modern and Victorian have been the major focus while other iterations were more inclusive to other styles and the focus on rich households and straight adult females only with Build/Buy/gameplay makes other time periods and age and gender and culture lacking. Sims 4 has the laziest and most dumb Sims yet which SimGuruLyndsay agreed upon these Sims being dumb with the recent podcast. I want Sims to get active in sports, do other activities that are stereotypical female activities, and live in different locations and time periods. Sims 4 has a very narrow focus that will get outdated and it barely started opening up with culture other than American just in the past couple years starting with Jungle Adventures. I know Get Together was trying with culture, but other than the world, there is nothing cultural about the game play with it that can't be done in the bay area. I want the focus to expand wider than the area of the bay area for the game to the world. But as it is now, target market is bay area which I know is a dream location for some Simmers but not for everyone. Not everyone wants to live like a Guru or a Gamechanger. Some of us have dreams beyond that. My reality and the reality I see with others is more of an underdog which is probably why I can relate to supernaturals more. They are hated in this iteration just like how I have been hated with some in the Sims community for being different. Sims 4 is just not inclusive towards those of us who are different and don't fit into the "preppy" mold. I prefer the deeper subjects of life.

Sim Guru Lindsay said what? Do you mind sharing a link to this podcast, please? I need to hear this. It could finally be a breakthrough. The first step in correcting a problem is admitting to having one.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,495 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

Sim Guru Lindsay said what? Do you mind sharing a link to this podcast, please? I need to hear this. It could finally be a breakthrough. The first step in correcting a problem is admitting to having one.

I wouldn't get too hopeful. A couple of years ago, Grant Rodiek, when he was still lead producer, admitted on Twitter that they dropped the ball when they chose to omit a Fear emotion and we still don't have one. 😒
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Sure.

She also said Sims 2 was her favorite iteration during the charity Sims stream last year. She worked on a lot of my favorite features from the Sims 2. I wish she could bring a lot of those features back with the Sims 4 like the personal Sims bios and neighborhood designs.

I wish we had a fear emotions too @LiELF. I know Zerbu had a mod in which uncomfortable mood buffed negative emotions and I wish that had been put into the game. The default happy makes the game really dull and really hard to combat it since there are more positive than negative moodlets, emotions, traits, and gameplay in the game than other emotions.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    bmoody5314bmoody5314 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love for the sims 4 to have the body shop attachment that the sims 3 has where you can design and edit their clothes or how in the sims 3 you can design the furniture and stuff more. There were so many more choices when it came to those things.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2020
    Sure.

She also said Sims 2 was her favorite iteration during the charity Sims stream last year. She worked on a lot of my favorite features from the Sims 2. I wish she could bring a lot of those features back with the Sims 4 like the personal Sims bios and neighborhood designs.

Thank you! :)

LiELF wrote: »

I wouldn't get too hopeful. A couple of years ago, Grant Rodiek, when he was still lead producer, admitted on Twitter that they dropped the ball when they chose to omit a Fear emotion and we still don't have one. 😒

You were dead on. Nothing to get hopeful about, just more of the same -- giggles and tone-deafness.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Sure.

I wish we had a fear emotions too @LiELF. I know Zerbu had a mod in which uncomfortable mood buffed negative emotions and I wish that had been put into the game. The default happy makes the game really dull and really hard to combat it since there are more positive than negative moodlets, emotions, traits, and gameplay in the game than other emotions.

@Scobre Definitely. The thing about the happy buffs is, happy should be equal to all other emotional states. Happy should be something the Sims earn just like all the others and "fine" should be the default. This would change how the entire game plays because the emotions wouldn't be flitting around so much, they could actually lock into a sustained mood without constant happy interference. And they wouldn't be grinning like chimpanzees all the time.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sure.

@Scobre Definitely. The thing about the happy buffs is, happy should be equal to all other emotional states. Happy should be something the Sims earn just like all the others and "fine" should be the default. This would change how the entire game plays because the emotions wouldn't be flitting around so much, they could actually lock into a sustained mood without constant happy interference. And they wouldn't be grinning like chimpanzees all the time.

That's why Meaningful Stories has become such an essential mod for me :) but yes, they should put something like it into the game and finally stop drowning our sims in happy and playful buffs.
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Sure.

That's why Meaningful Stories has become such an essential mod for me :) but yes, they should put something like it into the game and finally stop drowning our sims in happy and playful buffs.

I keep seeing people talk about Meaningful Stories and I'm going to have to try it out. I've been keeping my modded game off to the side for a long time and playing vanilla because I've been sort of studying how the game runs as I play it, reporting bugs and recording issues (and bad gameplay) for feedback.

But I think I need to take a break and return to my modded game for a little while. I really miss MCC and other mods.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sure.

I keep seeing people talk about Meaningful Stories and I'm going to have to try it out. I've been keeping my modded game off to the side for a long time and playing vanilla because I've been sort of studying how the game runs as I play it, reporting bugs and recording issues (and bad gameplay) for feedback.

But I think I need to take a break and return to my modded game for a little while. I really miss MCC and other mods.

I think Meaningful Stories works best when you don't use a lot of other mods, actually. Especially not script mods, at least that's what another simmer on the forums told me and I think she may be right. But it complements a vanilla game really well since it doesn't do anything but smooth the transition from one emotion to another. So that your sims don't go from depressed to angry to happy and back in a matter of seconds. It creates "lingering emotions" for example, so that a sim who's been tense for the past hour, doesn't just go to happy without seemingly remembering the entire tense morning she's gone through. It's a very nice, simple mod that doesn't seem to cause any major issues at all. Plus it alerts you in-game when an update is available, which I think is very nice and professional. So there's that too. I really love Meaningful Stories, MCC & SoL the most I think :)
  • Options
    Sure.

I think Meaningful Stories works best when you don't use a lot of other mods, actually. Especially not script mods, at least that's what another simmer on the forums told me and I think she may be right. But it complements a vanilla game really well since it doesn't do anything but smooth the transition from one emotion to another. So that your sims don't go from depressed to angry to happy and back in a matter of seconds. It creates "lingering emotions" for example, so that a sim who's been tense for the past hour, doesn't just go to happy without seemingly remembering the entire tense morning she's gone through. It's a very nice, simple mod that doesn't seem to cause any major issues at all. Plus it alerts you in-game when an update is available, which I think is very nice and professional. So there's that too. I really love Meaningful Stories, MCC & SoL the most I think :)

That's really good to know! I don't use too many mods at once actually, to avoid incompatibility. My main mods are usually just MCC and UI Cheats and sometimes a tuning mod for something specific that bothers me (like phone use!) But if it works with MCC then I'll totally try it out. SoL is another one I need to throw in there some time.
    #Team Occult
  • Options

That's really good to know! I don't use too many mods at once actually, to avoid incompatibility. My main mods are usually just MCC and UI Cheats and sometimes a tuning mod for something specific that bothers me (like phone use!) But if it works with MCC then I'll totally try it out. SoL is another one I need to throw in there some time.
    Slice of Life is fun. I need to check out Meaningful stories too. I heard good things with it. Yeah the cell phone and constant texting bothers me too. I would love an in-game option for that too.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Slice of Life is fun. I need to check out Meaningful stories too. I heard good things with it. Yeah the cell phone and constant texting bothers me too. I would love an in-game option for that too.

Haha! I just had my sim try to call someone in sims 2. You can't call someone who doesn't own a phone. I love it and I missed that!
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

Haha! I just had my sim try to call someone in sims 2. You can't call someone who doesn't own a phone. I love it and I missed that!

I miss that too! I really feel that owning phones should be completely optional like it was in Sims 2. I cannot stand the constant texts from random Sims and townies in Sims 4 that my Sims aren't even friends with. If using the "silence" feature actually turned the phone off, that would be awesome. But it doesn't seem to do anything at all.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I miss that too! I really feel that owning phones should be completely optional like it was in Sims 2. I cannot stand the constant texts from random Sims and townies in Sims 4 that my Sims aren't even friends with. If using the "silence" feature actually turned the phone off, that would be awesome. But it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

I was thinking about the cellphone earlier today and was just like...why did they think everyone would love to have this without any option to not have it? Honestly one of the most annoying aspects of TS4 for me.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,155 Member
    We need a turn off option for cellphones & have an olden days telephone & newspaper.