Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural or Pets?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited March 2020
    Supernatural
    I can't really tell. My computer is eight years old now, and it wasn't the best at that time, but can run the full game with all EP's and SP's (except Sweet Treats) plus quite a bit of CC. I have 32 GB of RAM though, for different games, as TS3 cannot use more than 3.7 GB (it still manages to fill up all those 32 GB with garbage after a while). I guess that means a minimum of 8 GB RAM, maybe more, would be advisable. I also have an SSD, which helps with load times. A dedicated video card is a must or at least advisable.
    In principle, my computer wasn't set up for TS3, but for more modern games like Cities: Skylines, so I cannot really answer the question in good faith. I assume it's a common question in the Tech Help section though.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Pets
    @Turjan Yeah, thanks! I usually turn hail off, and block the moonphases... And I have a game for each season, so I guess I can't do much more ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Both

Since you don't seem to lean toward "occults" or pets another consideration is the town layout and atmosphere. I often remove all the towns people and replace them with my own sims. I also remodel many or even most of the lots in town. So for me the aesthetics of a town is important. I like Moonlight Falls better than Appaloosa Plains.
  • Options
    TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
    Both
    Not sure if you've gotten either of them yet, but I really do suggest getting both of them if your computer can handle the hard work! I have both among all the other expansion packs and I literally can't imagine playing without the both of them. They both add more than a decent amount of content to your gameplay, and I truly believe that there is an infinite about of joy to be had and stories to be created with them. Moonlight Falls and Appaloosa Plains both have their specific charms, although I tend to lean more towards Appaloosa because of the cozy little atmosphere. Or perhaps that's the animal lover in me?

Speaking of Supernatural and Pets, personally, I'm doing an Enchantacy Legacy playthrough with a female witch and a dark blue and black spotted cat with deep purple eyes. I've had some good fun playing through their story, but it's on hold for now until I have all the parts to build my new computer and transfer the save files.
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Talonflare i got both and Im really happy!! Im playing an evil alchemy practitioner now and she's going to adopt a black cat :) Her day job is in politics and now she wants to kill the mayor. Atm she's in the mayor's mansion, by the pool... it's being super fun :smirk:
  • Options
    TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
    Both
    Ooh, sounds exciting!
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Supernatural
    Supernatural. It just adds so much to the game and once I got that pack, I started having WAY more fun. I'm not even normally into Fantasy, etc but I can NOT play without Supernatural. Pets, however, I do not like. I have it but I don't even install it. Too glitchy :#
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @StephSteb i have been avoiding supernatural ep cause Im not much into occults. But i gotta say that this expansion is realy really cool! I've only tried alchemy by now. My sim is not even a real witch but im having so much fun! I love the fact that sims can engage in a supernatural lifestyle without being actual occults. And the bb is also amazing!
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Supernatural
    telmarina wrote: »
    @StephSteb i have been avoiding supernatural ep cause Im not much into occults. But i gotta say that this expansion is realy really cool! I've only tried alchemy by now. My sim is not even a real witch but im having so much fun! I love the fact that sims can engage in a supernatural lifestyle without being actual occults. And the bb is also amazing!

I was the same way, I didn't think I would like it that much but as soon as I started playing with it I was in love! I thought I would like Pets more but it was a total surprise how much I love Supernatural and MUST use it every time I play! I'm glad you are having a great time with it <3