Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Movie Hangout or Tiny Living?

nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
I want to buy a Stuff Pack today, but I can't decide between the two. Which one do you think is better and why?
funny-gifs20.gif

Post edited by nerdfashion on

Movie Hangout or Tiny Living? 114 votes

Tiny Living
34%
IcewolfLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatalexspoom13xbecky685xyouilivefor92TWSimGamer82lisamwittAlrynnelanorbretong01denswanluthienrisingSirenLuminosmorrigunfunLizzychicagoRamblineRoseGirklCharliimaiAnnLee87ZenAlchemist 39 votes
Movie Hangout
58%
CK213bshag4lvGoldmoldarCabelle1863PlayerSinger2010Reaper1340Isb917BloosmooasimbsimGoldenBuffyilovejewel17BoergeAarg61fruitsbasket101slamondaalanmichael1catloverplayerMissyHissyLustianiciaashcrash19taydev 67 votes
Both are plum
7%
Bagoas77gamekittenTeeSeahellokitty1496SavvySimmieVivi_WillowTreeKingmiamiNiyac 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Tiny Living
    I voted tiny living, but I guess it depends what you're after. I love the furniture in movie hangout, but it's not for everyone. I love the restrictions building a tiny residential house brings, so it's added a lot of value to the game for me.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Movie Hangout
    I have had Movie Hangout for a years and it's one of my favourite stuff packs. The movies are really well done and nice to watch, you can also pick your favourite genre. The CAS and build/buy are colourful and look very original. I have no plans of buying Tiny living any time soon. I don't hate the pack, just don't feel it's necessary.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited February 2020
    Movie Hangout
    Movie Hangout is one of my favourite SPs. I just love watching my sims cuddling up to watch films. I also love the boho-chic CAS and BB items. I haven't purchased Tiny Living yet, but I don't think I will use it as much, although it looks fun for builders.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Movie Hangout
    I do love TL a lot and the CAS and BB are awesome. MH was on my wishlist for a long time though because the style of it is so colorful and adorable. In the end, it depends on what you're looking for. TL is more of a pack for builders, imo, whereas MH is more for live mode. It's a tough choice for sure.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Movie Hangout
    I think Movie Hangouts adds in some more gameplay, with sims sitting around together and talking about movies etc. I also really like the giant screens that come with it and the buy mode furniture - it has a bohemian look that lets me create more individual rooms.
    Tiny living adds an extra element of challenge in terms of building, but nothing you really couldnt do before, just limiting yourself to tiles rather than have the game do it. The furniture is nice enough, and the combined tv/stereo/bookshelf is good if you are wanting to live in smaller builds - but some of the functions are missing for events, such as the option to watch NYE TV - the options just dont appear, so I've ended up just buying a separate small tv anyway!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Tiny Living
    I do have Sims who watch movies and I do use some of the Buy content from Movie Hangout, but I've been having more fun with Tiny Living. I've always made small lots but apparently not *that* small, and the added challenge plus the reward in gameplay has been great. I like the buy more too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for voting! I've decided to get Tiny Living, because even though I'm not a builder, it's high time I learn and Tiny Living is probably going to be the best pack for that. I also like the style more, and as it's newer and the team is better at CAS assets now than they were. On top of this, Tiny Living isn't even a month old, whereas Movie Hangout has been out for years. It's more likely to go on sale sooner, unlike Tiny Living, so I'm buying Tiny Living now and waiting for Movie Hangout to go down in price.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2020
    Tiny Living
    Thank you everyone for voting! I've decided to get Tiny Living, because even though I'm not a builder, it's high time I learn and Tiny Living is probably going to be the best pack for that. I also like the style more, and as it's newer and the team is better at CAS assets now than they were. On top of this, Tiny Living isn't even a month old, whereas Movie Hangout has been out for years. It's more likely to go on sale sooner, unlike Tiny Living, so I'm buying Tiny Living now and waiting for Movie Hangout to go down in price.

For what little it is worth, I think that your decision to go with what is effectively a new game mode over a few new objects is a wise one. I hope that you will enjoy it.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Movie Hangout
    I do have both, but if you needed to get on now, I'd say Movie Hangout. I really enjoy it. But in the end it comes down to what you are looking for. I don't really care for tiny living, but I love the objects!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Also, this for some reason can't go in packs discussion because it's a poll.

Wonder if no polls is simply an oversight? 🤔 @EA_Mai
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Movie Hangout
    Well, this is essentially deciding between paying $10 for a bed that goes into a wall and kills your Sims VS $10 for movies, big screen TV sets, and bohemian styled furniture & clothes.

Just saying!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited February 2020
    Movie Hangout
    I definitely like the style of Tiny Living's Build/Buy better, but if you're looking for "gameplay", my choice would be Movie Hangout.

You get the ability to watch movies, by yourself of with others, and you can declare your favorite movie genre after watching a particular movie. You can still multitask during movies too, whether it be eating popcorn or cuddling someone.

Personally, I don't feel like Tiny Living offers much else, other than a bed that introduces a new death (which could be appealing to some, but the death rates have been reported to be constant for some people), and a new residential venue that places restrictions that you could really already give yourself.

The only real fun I've had with Tiny Living so far is just using the Build/Buy to decorate, whereas I've had Movie Hangout since release and still have fun with it to this day.

Edit: Just saw that you already decided! But I will leave this here, regardless.

I hope you enjoy it! I really do like the items it comes with and have never really cared for the stuff that came with Movie Hangout; I just enjoy the gameplay side of the pack. Tiny Living definitely tops the style of everything, though. :)
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited February 2020
    Movie Hangout
    One difference is the size of tvs. Movie Hangout comes with two very large tvs, while Tiny Living comes with two very small ones.

Tiny Living suggests a kind of living which is just too narrow from my point of view.

Edit: This is a large tv from Movie Hangout.
    10_02_10.png

The other one has same size but is for hanging on the wall. The pack also comes with a pop corn maker.

Edit II: The tv for walls might be useful e.g. at gyms.

10_02_11.png
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited February 2020
    Tiny Living
    I love tiny living. The build/buy and cas stuff alone is worth the money imo.

Let us know what you think of it!
  • Options
    I love tiny living. The build/buy and cas stuff alone is worth the money imo.

Let us know what you think of it!

I'm definitely enjoying it. I'm still going to get Movie Hangout, but I'll probably wait until it goes down in price.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Movie Hangout
    I honestly really love Movie Hangout Stuff ! The style is very unique and can help make quirky builds and I love the CAS lots of pieces work together with existing stuff.

Having Sims watch movies and being able to discuss them after is fun and you can get them to declare their favorite genre too which helps personalize Sims more.

I STILL haven't used the popcorn maker hahaha oops.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Movie Hangout
    I enjoyed the items included in Movie Hangout. Also, I'm a builder and Tiny Living isn't for me. I like to build large and and with everything. Tiny Living is just more restrictions, and I hate those.
  • Options
    KingmiamiKingmiami Posts: 5 New Member
    Both are plum
    Stuff packs suck. Save your money on the next GP or EP.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Movie Hangout
    I am not buying Tiny Living until we have ladders and/or spiral staircases.
    Then I will feel that theme is complete. Who knows how many new packs we will have by then.
    I probably won't be buying anymore packs until something really, really cool comes out.

I should have plenty to do with so many packs. I will probably play for more than a couple of weeks. ;)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Movie Hangout
    Movie Hangout is the best Stuff Pack alongside Laundy Day.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Movie Hangout
    Honestly while I think Tiny Living is adorable and has some cool additions, I've used almost 80-90% of the items featured in movie stuff pack, plus watching the different movies and complaining about them to other sims is a fun feature.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Movie Hangout
    Having both I say Movie Hangout is better since you can create your own home cinema. It even comes with cinema curtains and chairs. Tiny Living is a good pack on it's own. The items like the murphy bed and combo tv,stereo and bookcase are space savors and TL comes with a new lot type.
  • Options
    morrigunfunmorrigunfun Posts: 2 New Member
    Tiny Living
    Movie hagout is nice but now i prefer Tiny Living more. I use more furniture from TL and more clothes from MH.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2020
    Also, this for some reason can't go in packs discussion because it's a poll.
    Wonder if no polls is simply an oversight? 🤔 @EA_Mai
    Ops, yes - moved this thread to Packs Discussion and you should be able to create polls in here now. Thanks!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Movie Hangout
    The decor & objects are the best.