Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About that telemetry

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Where is the most important statistic of them all? Number of fires?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited February 2020
    Whenever i see these things, I fear for the next franchise and the excuses that might come with it:
    CaUsE yOu OnLy MaDe 173 ThOuSaNd TodDlErS..
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Whenever i see these things, I fear for the next franchise and the excuses that might come with it:

Maybe that could be the 20th anniversary group challenge? Create More Toddlers To Get The Point Across or something like that? :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

I would say that, it's their lack of "imagination" to make us not playing with toddlers that much. :p
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    The infographic means nothing if they're not using it to analyse our gameplay.

For example, why do the alien & toddler counts are so low? Have they figured it out that they've done nothing to make it more playable & interesting?

Why do we enjoy letting our Sims to Woohoo? Perhaps, that is one of the most enjoyable things to do, since we always been given a new location to Woohoo in almost new packs that have been released.

Wedding count is quite low in comparison to the household counts. Why? Perhaps, there's nothing interesting to get our Sims to wed. No perks, no prenuptial, etc. Plus, the guests are just everywhere. Eloping is much easier.

One thing for sure, they missed out how many Sims that we've been killed. Perhaps, that's made more sense.

If they can extract this data just for this occasion, I wish that they could make use of it to improve the existing & new contents that they're going to release. Survey is great, but with this data, it gives more in-depth of how we play the game, not only on how we want to play the game.

They never ask the Why. They only look at the telemetry and this it has all the answers. That's why we didn't have toddlers to begin with , or at least one of the reasons.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options

For example, why do the alien & toddler counts are so low? Have they figured it out that they've done nothing to make it more playable & interesting?

Why do we enjoy letting our Sims to Woohoo? Perhaps, that is one of the most enjoyable things to do, since we always been given a new location to Woohoo in almost new packs that have been released.

Wedding count is quite low in comparison to the household counts. Why? Perhaps, there's nothing interesting to get our Sims to wed. No perks, no prenuptial, etc. Plus, the guests are just everywhere. Eloping is much easier.

One thing for sure, they missed out how many Sims that we've been killed. Perhaps, that's made more sense.

If they can extract this data just for this occasion, I wish that they could make use of it to improve the existing & new contents that they're going to release. Survey is great, but with this data, it gives more in-depth of how we play the game, not only on how we want to play the game.

They never ask the Why. They only look at the telemetry and this it has all the answers. That's why we didn't have toddlers to begin with , or at least one of the reasons.

Then I would suggest that they never want to understand & seeking for the answers in order to find a way to improve the quality of the gameplay.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    hmmmmm should we have 1000 toddler challenge this year?

I sort of feel that the counts are off o_o
    maybe they didn't count in sims born in game?

That would be pretty fun for the annual toddlers and pools month :lol:
    Also, I have to agree with the fact that they must be counting the CAS created ones. There's so many 100 baby challenges that even if someone attempted to skip toddlers it would still count since even for a second, they were toddlers lol.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    I wonder if this is counting toddlers created in CAS or just in the game in general, because I don't think I have ever made one in CAS (maybe one or two) they are all born in to my game, the number seems a little low
  • Options
    Cheekyimp wrote: »
    I wonder if this is counting toddlers created in CAS or just in the game in general, because I don't think I have ever made one in CAS (maybe one or two) they are all born in to my game, the number seems a little low

I would say that it's the toddlers in general, because how could they count the woohoo if the statistics are only counting things in CAS. :)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    now I'm worried they wont put aliens in sims 5 they're my favorite
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

Then I would suggest that they never want to understand & seeking for the answers in order to find a way to improve the quality of the gameplay.

It's clear by what players have been asking for since 2014, that EA doesn't care. They don't want to learn. And the devs are doing what they can to give us what we would like to see improved and added into the game. But when the higher ups are pulling all the strings, and control all of the money, what can one do?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member

I would say that it's the toddlers in general, because how could they count the woohoo if the statistics are only counting things in CAS. :)

But every baby born eventually grows into a toddler, you can't skip that (well there's a mod I hear though). Even if you do age the toddler, that would still very much count since they were toddlers. Not to mention a lot of people got the old triplet glitch ages ago :lol: . Add that to the 100 baby challenges, Legacies, family stories, etc. It's an interesting number I must say.

Though CAS toddlers, that's a different story. I know simmers that make families with toddlers once they're sim has children and want playmates for them. But not too much, that number would be more accurate to me at least if that were the case.

As for the statistics question, I think you may have opened a bigger question. What if they're separating the count of sims from the interactions? As in, Sims ( counted from CAS) and Interactions (counted from In-game)? That would also make sense since even in the sims gallery, there are not too many aliens around. Also considering they said "created" and not born/generated (terms usually identifying in-game), it makes me feel that may be the case.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Funny you should say that. I recall a former producer saying that their telemetry showed no one played with toddlers in sims 3 as justification for how at that point they weren’t in the sims 4.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I find it nearly irrevant. It is part of a post that supposedly celebrates the whole franchise, yet the data is clearly post-Origin, EA's spyware. There is no data from either TS1 or TS2 as they were solely off line bought as disks games, and account for roughly half of the franchise's life. When I tried TS3 it was the same, though it's possible its later years are to whatever degree inclulded. Rather narrow of EA to use solely/primarily TS4 data in what supposedly is about all the games.
  • Options
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

But every baby born eventually grows into a toddler, you can't skip that (well there's a mod I hear though). Even if you do age the toddler, that would still very much count since they were toddlers. Not to mention a lot of people got the old triplet glitch ages ago :lol: . Add that to the 100 baby challenges, Legacies, family stories, etc. It's an interesting number I must say.

Though CAS toddlers, that's a different story. I know simmers that make families with toddlers once they're sim has children and want playmates for them. But not too much, that number would be more accurate to me at least if that were the case.

As for the statistics question, I think you may have opened a bigger question. What if they're separating the count of sims from the interactions? As in, Sims ( counted from CAS) and Interactions (counted from In-game)? That would also make sense since even in the sims gallery, there are not too many aliens around. Also considering they said "created" and not born/generated (terms usually identifying in-game), it makes me feel that may be the case.

Perhaps a further clarification from their end? Hence, that's why in the other threads, I'm suggesting why won't they count the numbers of Sims that we've killed/died too. It would make more sense, because we created them, we played with them, and we killed them ( :# )

It's not only about woohoo, but they also have wedding counts. So, it does not make sense if they're only extracting data from the gallery instead of in-game. Unless, they're considering a couple household (in the gallery) is married? That is illogical. Another example, how about the generated NPC, which probably aliens? Or CAS alien but placed as an unplayed household? Are they considering it as part of the count too? Because I have a few. Or, are they only counting those that we actively engage with? Like, the one in our Sims household, or the one that our Sims are friend with? And vampires, are they also counting the one that has been cured? I have plenty. Or how about the Sims that our vampire Sims turn into a vampire? Does it counts too?

So far, I don't see any of their statistics makes any sense for the 20th celebration. The numbers means nothing, because I don't feel appreciated seeing it... :p
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I find it nearly irrevant. It is part of a post that supposedly celebrates the whole franchise, yet the data is clearly post-Origin, EA's spyware. There is no data from either TS1 or TS2 as they were solely off line bought as disks games, and account for roughly half of the franchise's life. When I tried TS3 it was the same, though it's possible its later years are to whatever degree inclulded. Rather narrow of EA to use solely/primarily TS4 data in what supposedly is about all the games.

Well, that's it exactly - they don't have this kind of data from earlier games. All they can do is report some broad sales statistics and give us what they know about TS4. (It would probably muddy things more to include TS3, plus they would want to concentrate on the game they're selling now.)

If you don't like the 'spyware', you can opt out. I'm generally protective of my data, and I don't want programs using my resources to phone home, but in this case, I want to be part of their telemetry. I want my play style to be part of their statistics.

It might be an interesting question to ask who opts out, and if they're missing a meaningful chunk of data because a particular cohort isn't participating.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    It's a conspiracy!
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds