Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your university pet peevs

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I honestly not feeling a university vibe in this pack like I had in the sims 3. And also the town is rather empty, like where are the students? Especially the middle neighborhood.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I honestly not feeling a university vibe in this pack like I had in the sims 3. And also the town is rather empty, like where are the students? Especially the middle neighborhood.

That's a good question because the game is generating a lot to haunt my dorm.
    Why aren't all these sims strolling around the campus. My favorite dormie roommates moved out and new ones replaced them.
    It would be nice to see them around the campus more often. I created a movie night club so I can call them over all at once.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    The most irritating thing was having my sim join a household with a total random - and getting notifications like "random levelled up in robotics". I really don't care. I have absolutely no interest in this person.

The stove thing in student housing. Was this due to randoms setting the thing on fire? It's irritating and is odd when the dorm ends up with plates and plates of fancy food being cooked somewhere. No-one uses the fridge and microwave as the place is piled high with montecristo sandwiches etc.

They are always late for classes.

It's still American not English. I was hoping for better. i hope we can mod away the worst bits.

The Castle being decorative and you can't even visit it :(
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    edited December 2019
    The most irritating thing was having my sim join a household with a total random - and getting notifications like "random levelled up in robotics". I really don't care. I have absolutely no interest in this person.

The stove thing in student housing. Was this due to randoms setting the thing on fire? It's irritating and is odd when the dorm ends up with plates and plates of fancy food being cooked somewhere. No-one uses the fridge and microwave as the place is piled high with montecristo sandwiches etc.

They are always late for classes.

It's still American not English. I was hoping for better. i hope we can mod away the worst bits.

The Castle being decorative and you can't even visit it :(

I wonder if the food thing is different from game to game, maybe depending on the personality of those random NPCs? In my dorm, where I play 5 active students, there were turkeys and pink cakes for the first few days, but now it stopped. The NPCs still might bring a few plates, but more like the small biscuit cakes and other simple stuff. My students actually go hungry for hours, and only one room has a mini fridge, and yesterday I had to unlock their door so that all the others could help themselves instead of starving. I don't see a point in getting them all a fridge, besides it seems to be possible to place the one I got in the common area.

My students are rarely late for class either, in fact I think they leave too early. I do keep track on them, and occasionally they get stuck in front of the class door, but they normally get thee in time by themselves. This is in Ubrite, I guess Foxbury might be another story...

And I took it for granted the castle would be unlocked if joining a certain organisation? I never tried though, yet, so I have no idea.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    My sims have only lived off-campus so far so I have not tried the dorm-life yet but I find Foxbury commons to be such a lonely place. This huge building with maybe 2-3 sims in it other than mine. I use MCCC to get more sims into every lot so I am used to having activity around my sims. I am going to rebuild that lot to something much smaller, with a little garden outside, so that it feels more fitting for 4 sims being there in total.
  • Options
    Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    Auto graduating. The enrolled households that I don't play with, automatically graduate. That was a let down to me. I wish I could turn that off in the settings. Just like you can turn off the auto aging for everyone in the neighborhoods. I wanted to send multiple sims to university at the same time. But when I was finally finished with sending everyone. It turned out some were already on probation for failing the first semester. I hadn't even played with them yet at university.
  • Options
    Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    And I had also hoped they would bring back private school. Like they had in the sims 2. Although I think that should have been in the base game.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Applying for scholarships is a hassle, especially in large households and with well prepared sims who qualify for more than one or two scholarships. Wish the game would let us select more than one at a time.

And what's worst, the routine repeats every semester anew if you are a rotational player and do not want to leave your sims to the game's mercy.
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I resent the fact there isn't a source IN GAME that tells you which skills get which degrees - and also what level skill you need to get a distinguished degree. and also, not all the scholarships are showed when you research it online in game. I mean they tell you you have sports scholarships, or scholarship based on where you live for example...but It was a complete surprise to me that my Sim got a scholarship which got something to do with her singing skill, something called Rising Star scholarship I think...?
    ANYWAY my point is that there is a lack of information when it comes to enrolling.

-Yarden.