Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only left 2 SP 1 GP 1 EP?

I was thinking as Tiny houses is SP16
And we have 8 EP and 8 GP
8 + 8 = 16
I was to say, it is the end of TS4
but still we have the community SP 2 (than would be SP17 or 18)
It mean than still left EX9 and GP9?

I hope GP9 be Werewolves

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 will forever go on. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

Why when Isee you I think a cross games couple?

Trevor Phillips and Justine Keaton
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

;-; dear god NOOO don't encourage them!!!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    I was thinking as Tiny houses is SP16
    And we have 8 EP and 8 GP
    8 + 8 = 16
    I was to say, it is the end of TS4
    but still we have the community SP 2 (than would be SP17 or 18)
    It mean than still left EX9 and GP9?

I hope GP9 be Werewolves

I"m expecting 2 Expansions this year and possibly 2 Gamepacks. I still think Stuffpacks will be held down to only 2 this year.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I'm not super worried about it ending this year. I for one am pleased with Sims 4 and I'm enjoying my time with it thus far.

My guess is 1-2 EPs
    2 GPs and 3 SPs. I feel SP got a bit of a resurgence last year.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Where are you getting these numbers? Did they say they were only making 10 of each type of packs?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Sims 4 is still incomplete, they still need to finish the themes that Sims 3 had.
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Where are you getting these numbers? Did they say they were only making 10 of each type of packs?

To me Sims 4 is far from over there’s SO MUCH potential and things that could still be created. The devs have previously said they plan on Sims 4 being around for a long while yet to, and I think with the optimisation of the systems that we are only just starting to get the ball rolling !
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't think you can judge the life of Sims 4 by how many packs or how long it's lasted. It will last as long as the devs can make it last, there will be as many Packs as they can wrangle out of it.

Packs, after all, are so much easier to make than a new engine.

Remember "My First Pet"? Quite apart from designs that completed sets that should have been in previous packs (never mind just Cats & Dogs, the bee outfit mirrors a toddler outfit from the Toddler Game Pack, the astronaut is from the jobs pack) it consisted mainly of t-shirts, curtains, unusable wall decals and floor decals (aka rugs).
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I think we're getting 3 SPs, 2GPs and 2EPs this year
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    The devs need to be careful,though.....if they make Sims 4 go on TOO long,then everyone will eventually start getting sick and tired of the game and start hollering "Where's Sims 5 already?" Also,if the game engine is so weak that he devs are unable to put in open world or soccer matches,then how can it last more than 2 more years?

I imagine that we'll be seeing only 2 more years of Sims 4,then we'll be getting Sims 5 sometime in 2021.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Actually, people have been asking for Sims 5 for two years now. Personally, I don't want a repeat of what Sims 4 was back in 2014 to be in a new version. Boring. Sims 4 has a lot of work to do before it's finished. Plus, there needs to be a new type of PC game that's a combination of the best of the Sims games & Civilization.
  • Options
    HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    edited January 2020
    This is definitely the last year of the Sims 4. The game can never be fixed as the core of it is broken and no amount of packs will fix that. Not to mention the insane amount of bugs that games has at this point the game can only handle a few more packs before it will become unplayable.
    My Predictions:
    Stuff Packs: 2 maybe 3.
    Game Packs: 1 will be a hotel theme similar to dine out or a winter vacation
    Expansion Packs: 2 also one is going to farming that will add werewolves and the other will be medieval theme.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    TS4 is only starting to get good now...so if the game/engine can still handle lots of packs I'm ok with it. On the other hand I wouldn't oppose to a TS5 if it's a fuller, better game than what TS4 was in 2014 and if it looks as good.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The devs need to be careful,though.....if they make Sims 4 go on TOO long,then everyone will eventually start getting sick and tired of the game and start hollering "Where's Sims 5 already?" Also,if the game engine is so weak that he devs are unable to put in open world or soccer matches,then how can it last more than 2 more years?

I imagine that we'll be seeing only 2 more years of Sims 4,then we'll be getting Sims 5 sometime in 2021.

Soccer matches and open world? This isn't a Fifa game the sims wasn't designed to have soccer matches. And the game was also not designed to have open world....that is simply not coming.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Soccer matches and open world? This isn't a Fifa game the sims wasn't designed to have soccer matches. And the game was also not designed to have open world....that is simply not coming.

yes but open world was expected becaus it was in the Sims 3 and to not have it in Sims 4 was a mistake as for soccer matches whay cant we have soccer matchessports is somthing that people have been askig for since the Sims2 to not have it in at this point is a bit of a let down.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2020
    I expect/hope they'll carry on the Sims 4 for quite a while longer, if they made another game what would even be different? The computers that Sims players have have barely improved since the Sims 4 came out, a huge percentage still can't even play 3 as their computers aren't good enough. So open world probably wouldn't be possible, improving graphics wouldn't be possible it'd just be a pointless new edition that brings nothing new. I hope they'll try to come up with some new and different pack ideas and carry the Sims 4 on for atleast 2-3 more years. At this point the rest of the occults (faeries, werewolves, possibly zombies) are the only expected packs so hopefully we'll get some interesting and unexpected stuff outside of the usual sims release pattern
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The gurus have said multiple times there's no planned end date for TS4, so I doubt it's ending any time soon.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I think this series is nowhere near ending quite yet. How about 20xGP, 10xGP, 10xEP?

The engine of this game is still quite good, I'm on a low-end computer with maaaany packs and a growing collection of CC, but whatever I notice of lag I can live with, and is not affected by adding a few more packs. I thought it would, but it seems like the game works in rather clever ways.

So - if game works fine AND simmers keep buying packs, I don't really see why EA would shut it all down?

I hope for 5 more years! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I could see ultimately doing some sort of graphics upgrade or some kind of reboot that draws on the existing content.

I don't know whether Sims 5 would need to follow the old model of being incompatible with prior versions. I'd love the idea of combining The Sims with "Civilization". I said this elsewhere but I don't think it's helpful to keep looking back at 2014 at this point.

I wasn't someone who wanted the end of the other versions though. I think I played TS1, TS2 and TS3 kind of intermittently on different computers. I also took breaks and came back at least 3 times during the high years of TS3. This time around, I'm not in a hurry for this to end. TS5 might need to be kind of different for me to be onboard with it. I mentioned this elsewhere but if they could make it easy to move content from TS4 to TS5 (especially Sims themselves), I'd be more open to that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I could see ultimately doing some sort of graphics upgrade or some kind of reboot that draws on the existing content.

I don't know whether Sims 5 would need to follow the old model of being incompatible with prior versions. I'd love the idea of combining The Sims with "Civilization". I said this elsewhere but I don't think it's helpful to keep looking back at 2014 at this point.

I wasn't someone who wanted the end of the other versions though. I think I played TS1, TS2 and TS3 kind of intermittently on different computers. I also took breaks and came back at least 3 times during the high years of TS3. This time around, I'm not in a hurry for this to end. TS5 might need to be kind of different for me to be onboard with it. I mentioned this elsewhere but if they could make it easy to move content from TS4 to TS5 (especially Sims themselves), I'd be more open to that.

What do you mean by combining it with Civilization? I've only played that game like twice so there's a lot I don't know about its gameplay.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I don't know how many more years I hope for honestly. It all depends on what type of packs they release from here. If I am interested in the themes then yes I will hope for more. I can honestly say I am not really all that interested right now in a Sims 5, I don't know I have confidence it will excite me the way previous versions have right from the get go, if a new version where to come out, I might take a while to get it, maybe have a few expansions already created first.
  • Options
    I think this series is nowhere near ending quite yet. How about 20xGP, 10xGP, 10xEP?

The engine of this game is still quite good, I'm on a low-end computer with maaaany packs and a growing collection of CC, but whatever I notice of lag I can live with, and is not affected by adding a few more packs. I thought it would, but it seems like the game works in rather clever ways.

So - if game works fine AND simmers keep buying packs, I don't really see why EA would shut it all down?

LOL, are we playing the same game here? The engine is garbage. 🤣 They even said they had to make smaller worlds from time to time so that the performance won't be hugely affected. But to be honest, the performance of this game is already bad. It can't handle big cluttered environments.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member

LOL, are we playing the same game here? The engine is garbage. 🤣 They even said they had to make smaller worlds from time to time so that the performance won't be hugely affected. But to be honest, the performance of this game is already bad. It can't handle big cluttered environments.

If you compare to TS3 I hope you notice some difference :) I meant it's good enough for me and my old computer, not that it's top of the gaming world :) TS3 was unplayable for me after a good number of packs, I actually prefer TS4's smaller worlds.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options

If you compare to TS3 I hope you notice some difference :) I meant it's good enough for me and my old computer, not that it's top of the gaming world :) TS3 was unplayable for me after a good number of packs, I actually prefer TS4's smaller worlds.

Yeah, well, I've never played TS3 before for a long time, only like 2 hours. But that's probably cuz of the open world that causes it to lag. But TS4 doesn't have that and should be almost as good at TS2 given the technology we have today. Sadly, it's not. Still very stuttering for me.

Maybe if there is a TS5, we should just go back to TS2 style where it only loads the lot we're playing in. LOL. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif