Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims Expansion Pack Really Wasn't Worth It

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Seasons
    Just got seasons on sale, and am less than pleased. Not been testing long enough to hit the bugs & such that made for all the past uproars, but so far the game has been DGDC - dark, gloomy, dreary, cold. Including in summer! Last day of spring (corresponding to late May early June) and it was snowing! That doesn't happen even in New England. I hate to think of what it will be like once the officially cold weather hits.
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Discover University
    DU, it doesn’t work properly, isn’t worth the effort even if it did, and added almost nothing worth mentioning to the rest of the game for those of us not interested in watching lobster and spoiled food pile up while our Sim stands in front of the rabbit hole it should have disappeared into.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Get to Work
    it just feels like one of those packs with many good ideas but none carried out perfectly and the world is also pretty random so i hardly use it

like sure i use b/b and cas loads but in gameplay i hardly use it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living. You get beach and mermaids.....Whoopie!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Island Living
    I enjoy them all but, price wise, island living is the worst value for money.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited January 2020
    Island Living
    It was a tie between Island Living and Cats and Dogs.
    Sulani is very pretty, but that's pretty much what it is - beautiful scenery with minimum gameplay value. Once you have seen everything, there is very little left to do there.
    Cats and dogs just irritate me for most part. They either keep running away for no reason or whine for attention, all day and everyday. Having your pets neutered has no point, because they still get the heats, which makes them whine even more. I love cats (I have a cat IRL, she is nothing like the ones in game), but I feel tempted to get rid of all the cats my sims have, brcause I just can't take the noise anymore.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Cats & Dogs

Cats and Dogs was just done very badly to me - I loved pets in the Sims 2 and 3. Dogs are just a pain and I can barely stand to play in Brindleton Bay even though it is a beautiful town because I get so tired of seeing animals sick all the time.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    Island Living
    If it were a GP then sure, amazing GP. As an EP, very poorly executed, very buggy, big lack of polish and detail. It's only worth comes from the world and the swimming animations and that's it. Only two boats and neither can have more than one sim...what a sham. It's thousand years inferior to Island Paradise.

By far the worst EP in all sims history. This and City Living just aren't worth full price, not an opinion, just a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fact.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I can't recommend against any pack, since I think all the expansion packs are worth it if they suit your style of game play. CL is probably my least favourite of the packs I own, but that's because I don't use the apartments and never visit the festivals. (I got it half-off for the BB, knowing full well I wasn't interested in the big features of the pack, so I wouldn't say it wasn't worth the money.) IL, which seems to be the least favourite, was more than worth it to me - I was expecting a lot of boring YF fun in the sun, but the ecology and culture focus gave it legs.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I won't say any of the packs were not worth it because they all added to the over all game enjoyment of game play.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Get Famous
    To me City Living, Seasons, and Get Together are my most used expansions. For me Get Famous is least useful - it's appears to be a nice implementation of the game system, but I so rarely want to play with fame or famous sims, so I just don't really use it. It's not so much a terrible pack as the expansion that is furthest from my gameplay imperatives.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Seasons
    Welp! I read the title a little too quick and voted wrong! I thought it said which pack was most worth it. :sweat_smile:

I'd honestly say Island Living. The world is probably the only good in that expansion pack. Everything was just so underwhelming. Especially the mermaids...
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Get Famous
    All packs are worth it, no matter what. o:)

My least used expansion is probably Get Famous.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    Everything with the title “Get”
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Just got seasons on sale, and am less than pleased. Not been testing long enough to hit the bugs & such that made for all the past uproars, but so far the game has been DGDC - dark, gloomy, dreary, cold. Including in summer! Last day of spring (corresponding to late May early June) and it was snowing! That doesn't happen even in New England. I hate to think of what it will be like once the officially cold weather hits.

I like "Seasons". So far anyways. You can tweak it in settings. Made the game more realistic instead of it always being an eternal perfect day. That's my opinion. I've actually started building roofs and enclosed areas on my buildings to deal with the bad weather.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    mysimkrismysimkris Posts: 16 Member
    Get Together
    I found the get together slightly unnecessary. Personally the items in the pack doesn’t suit my style when it comes to building, so I rarely use any from that pack. Plus I’m not a huge fan of the city that comes with it (I don’t even remember its name).
    But it’s individual I guess, the pack just doesn’t suit my personality :)
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Island Living
    I only say Island Living because I have no interest in mermaids. The map is nice, though. I just wanted a resort aspect to the pack. The conservation/nature thing is great and all, but it constantly reminds me of the horrible things we are actually doing to our planet.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I think all packs have been worth the pocket change they've cost me.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited January 2020
    Get Together
    Windenburg is great, and I love the Sims that come with it. The CAS is great. But basing an ENTIRE expansion pack on clubs? Useless.

I gotta agree with you on that one. Get To Work is my second choice.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AntiPrincess88AntiPrincess88 Posts: 7 New Member
    Get to Work
    Get To Work. I was excited when it first came out. But only having the three active career choices gets a bit old. Also I was never interested in my sims having their own retail business...
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Get to Work
    It took me forever to actually buy Get to Work because I was just so uninterested in it. I finally bought it during Black Friday because I couldn't add Discover University to a bundle and wow I was right, there is nothing in this game that I use. I tried to do the scientist career and go retail shopping but I can't really get into either.
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    Get to Work
    At the moment Get to Work is the least used pack from my playstyle. I've dabbled in the scientist and doctor careers before though, and enjoyed them both equally so I guess there's that. For me I like to have everything particularly for the B+B assets, and it just gives my Sims more options! I might not use a pack frequently, but it is available for me to utilise when the time is right. Strangerville is a prime example for me because I've not had anyone visit the town yet, nor complete the Mystery.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited January 2020
    Get Famous
    It was hard to decide between Get Famous and University. I find University very boring (didn't like it in the older Sim parts even).
    I rarely use the features that came with Get Famous, as well as the acting career.

I have now chosen Get Famous because I LOVE the bikes that came with University and also the CAS items :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Discover University
    This was a tie between DU and Island living. I just started playing DU and got bored really quick. I don't like the rabbit holes, I wish we could go to class with our sims, and overall it just felt very empty to me. Island Living has a really beautiful world, but overall it didn't add much. I was really excited for scuba diving, but was really let down when I played it. I was hoping these would be more like the Sims 3 expansions.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Get to Work
    Island Living is lacking, but at least it wasn't released packed with bugs.

Everybody thought Discover University would be exactly the same as Sims 3 University, which is why they're disappointed.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.