Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Transportation (Vehicles) Game Pack?

Comments

• Options
    PoppyErstwhilePoppyErstwhile Posts: 29 Member
    No
    Given that the neighborhoods are fairly small and the worlds are not open, I don't see how cars would be any improvement for the Sims. I am not opposed to the Cars pack, I just consider it unnecessary...
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited November 2019
    No
    I don't need this with a closed world. It would be nice if they made a stuff pack maybe with a few cars in it for the people that want them, I just wouldn't spend my money on it. To make it a little more interesting they could add the ability to work on cars too, like in TS2, gives them a little more activity than just sitting there and vanishing to loading screens. I still personally wouldn't buy it though... ha
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes
    I said yes but I'd take cars in a free update as well.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No
    Absolutely not... there's literally no need for them in a game like Sims 4. Vehicles were convenient in Sims 3 because of the open world... Sims 4 has loading screens, so it's not exactly a game changer. Honestly, it would be a waste of time and resources, in my opinion.

The only reason cars were beneficial in Sims 2 is because it was an entirely new concept and idea... also, they just happened to be an additional form of content in an expansion pack that didn't literally just revolve around cars (Nightlife). That was back in the good days of The Sims when features and content like this were just extra parts of an already compact expansion pack. Nowadays, if the only way to get cars is to have a "My First Car Stuff Pack", that's ridiculous... and I wouldn't support it.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Yes
    Absolutely not... there's literally no need for them in a game like Sims 4. Vehicles were convenient in Sims 3 because of the open world... Sims 4 has loading screens, so it's not exactly a game changer. Honestly, it would be a waste of time and resources, in my opinion.

The only reason cars were beneficial in Sims 2 is because it was an entirely new concept and idea... also, they just happened to be an additional form of content in an expansion pack that didn't literally just revolve around cars (Nightlife). That was back in the good days of The Sims when features and content like this were just extra parts of an already compact expansion pack. Nowadays, if the only way to get cars is to have a "My First Car Stuff Pack", that's ridiculous... and I wouldn't support it.

Cars are too big for a Stuffpack. They'd require a Gamepack, Expansion or Update. Their bound to happen since we got boats,bikes and a new Transportation Option in buy mode.

They may come in a free update. The 20th anniversary of the sims is in February.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited November 2019
    No

Cars are too big for a Stuffpack. They'd require a Gamepack, Expansion or Update. Their bound to happen since we got boats,bikes and a new Transportation Option in buy mode.

They may come in a free update. The 20th anniversary of the sims is in February.

A game pack or expansion pack would be even worse than a stuff pack... making us pay $10, $20, or $40 for cars would be ridiculous.

Anyone who would be perfectly fine with EA charging them $10+ just to have cars in The Sims 4 would honestly just be willingly allowing them to steal their money at that point... there's literally no justification for charging that much just to have cars. That's ridiculous.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No
    I voted no for the reason of not having vehicles in the game in the first place, so why have an transportation pack? Until transportation in Sims 4 happens my choice will always be no. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Yes

A game pack or expansion pack would be even worse than a stuff pack... making us pay $10, $20, or $40 for cars would be ridiculous.

Anyone who would be perfectly fine with EA charging them $10+ just to have cars in The Sims 4 would honestly just be willingly allowing them to steal their money at that point... there's literally no justification for charging that much just to have cars. That's ridiculous.

How do you feel about them being added free in an Update like Todders were? I want cars so bad I'll take them any way I can get them and we had to pay to get boats and bikes and I'm enjoying both.

• Options
    Yes
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I voted no for the reason of not having vehicles in the game in the first place, so why have an transportation pack? Until transportation in Sims 4 happens my choice will always be no. :)

Well we have boats and bikes now.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Yes

I wouldn't mind paying for cars. We've already paid for boats and bikes. I don't see anything wrong with paying for cars (I wouldn't mind if we got them for free, though).
    He/Him
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    I don't want cars, so no.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No
    This Colton poll is very un-Colton.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Yes
    Other kinds of transport would also be fun! I need tons more things for my wealthy Sims to blow money on. I thought Uni would do it, but it’s so cheap. A helicopter to take tours in or a yacht to throw parties on would do the trick.

Also golf carts would be fun in Sulani, someone mentioned tricycles for tots, a horse and carriage ride around Willow Creek, a limo around San Myshuno, one of those human pedal-powered party “busses” or pedicabs around my bar district in Newcrest. A family canoe that you can fish off of in the woods world. There’s lots of transport gameplay ideas that don’t have to just involve cars!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    No
    A STUFF PACK, yes. Game pack? No.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    No
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    This Colton poll is very un-Colton.

It needed two "yes" options. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes
    Only if they finally open the towns.
  • Options
    No

Yes, it may have but it is confined to one area and not universal. Only time will tell if they will put cars in the game and so all that can be said is spectulate.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    No
    Um, bikes aren't confined to one area. Sims use them all over even where no road is.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    No
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Um, bikes aren't confined to one area. Sims use them all over even where no road is.

Is the bikes available to other neighborhoods as well?
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    No
    I don't want it. Transportation shouldn't be a feature by itself, it's just sitting down. The only type of transportation I want is where there are activities to do, such as a race track, or a cruise, or a spaceship.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes
    So, the way that I would want this is as a kind of "Top Gear" theme. Maybe in a setting like Italy with gorgeous roads on cliffs. Drive your high speed car around cliffs or a track.

I also really liked the fixing up old cars hobby in TS2. I always had the dad in the family I played doing that. I could see having somewhere like Italy for fancy cars and then a Brooklyn or NJ area for mechanics and fixer-upper cars.

This isn't necessary for me but sure, I'd be interested.

I think TS4 is trying to emphasize environmentalism which is why we haven't seen cars. I don't need the carpool but I could take or leave it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Yes
    Nindigo wrote: »

Is the bikes available to other neighborhoods as well?

Yes all the neighborhoods aka worlds will let sims use bikes even Selvadarado and Granite Falls.
  • Options
    Yes
    A STUFF PACK, yes. Game pack? No.

Cars are too big for a stuffpack but I would love a car stuffpack that focused on stuff for cars and garages after we get cars.
  • Options
    Yes

Yes, it may have but it is confined to one area and not universal. Only time will tell if they will put cars in the game and so all that can be said is spectulate.

We can have boats in Britechester now so that's 2 areas.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes
    Yes - I love the bikes in Uni. A cars GP/EP could bring mechanic and racing driver careers or a playable gas station with car washing.