If you're unfamiliar with the bugs: ,
I am going to admit that I haven't tried every solution but hear me out as to why: literally zero of my saves are loading correctly. They load with no UI, I find a way to restore it (through switching to another household and then back again, or evicting and replacing via edit town), and then the green boxes show up. I have backups from when my current elder heir was just a baby and they are all facing this issue, as far as I'm aware, even if I was able to successfully load them before. Some notes:
- I haven't traveled recently at all
- I can switch to another household and there is no green box bug
- I did a full reinstall to troubleshoot, as well as loading saves in a "factory reset" file (no dice). Since they're in Sunlit Tides, I also reinstalled that world itself.
- In my most recent batch of backups, the same three sims and dog are affected. One of them is pregnant in the most recent save but not pregnant in the others, with no change in how she's affected.
- no mods were being used. Obviously I'm open to them as a fix but I wonder if it will solve everything being unable to load.
Any ideas? God I wish I could open a good backup and be done with this!
A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed headsoutrun