Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Few general questions about households...

1. What does it mean when a household is "not currently in world"? Where are they? how do I get them into the world?
  2. How do I add households to the world while in "manage households"?
  3. Can I simply add them to the world without giving them a house and such? i don't want to micromanage everyone; I just want some friends to do stuff with. ((This is for SIms pulled from the gallery btw))

I appreciate any help given! I've been trying to get into Sims but it's been hard...maybe some familiar faces will make it better.
maxresdefault.jpg

I have a son lightspeeeeeed!

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    To get a household into the world, just move them into a house!
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    "Not currently in world" doesn't mean they literally won't show up in the game, it just means they don't have a home. These sims will still show up in your game walking through neighborhoods, visiting lots, and working npc jobs. You don't have to give them houses in order to be able to interact with them.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    JurassicKingJurassicKing Posts: 63 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    "Not currently in world" doesn't mean they literally won't show up in the game, it just means they don't have a home. These sims will still show up in your game walking through neighborhoods, visiting lots, and working npc jobs. You don't have to give them houses in order to be able to interact with them.

How can I put Sims from the gallery into the world this way? As I said I don't want to micromanage and put them all in houses. I just want them in the world for my characters to interact with.
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Options
    karieebokarieebo Posts: 24 Member
    1. They don't have a home in any of the worlds you own. All you have to do is move them into any house, but they are still fully interactional if they remain homeless.
    2. If there is an already existing household in game (regardless of the location of their house and if they have one) then they should normally appear in game. You can check households in your game by going to Manage Households > Other Households.
    3. Yes, they should be fine on their own. Certain mods (e.g. MCCC) however might move them into an empty home (or at least this is what sometimes happens in my game).
    I'm not too good at explaining, but I tried my best. Hope this helped.
  • Options
    I think people might be misunderstanding what i mean ((or I'm not clear enough))

I don't want them to move into houses. I want to pull characters from the Gallery and place them inside of my game world. That's all. Not give them a home. I just want them inside the world, seen in public places, etc.
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Options
    karieebokarieebo Posts: 24 Member
    If you use MCCC, go into any household, click on a computer and select MC Command Center. Go to: MC Population > Populating Settings > Import Tray Settings > Import Tray Sim Type. Here, you can change it to "Only My Sims" and only sims from your gallery will spawn in game. You can also select "Only Other Sims" which means that the sims spawning will be from everyone's public gallery (besides yours). However, this can end up in getting sims you don't want in your game, so I'd stick to "Only My Sims".
    If you don't use MCCC, unfortunately I couldn't find any other option but to move those sims into a household and evict them later on. They will show up as "Not in world", but they will still walk around normally, so it's not a big deal. I couldn't find an alternative to that, sorry.
  • Options
    I think people might be misunderstanding what i mean ((or I'm not clear enough))

I don't want them to move into houses. I want to pull characters from the Gallery and place them inside of my game world. That's all. Not give them a home. I just want them inside the world, seen in public places, etc.

then just don't put them in a home lol
    or put them in one and evict them
    that's it
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    You'll have to move them into a home and evict them, like Cupid said. I don't think you can add sims to the world without putting them in a home first, but once you evict them they will be "currently not in world" too :)
  • Options
    I don't think you can add sims to the world without putting them in a home first,

you can, just exit out when it asks to move them into a household

but I think it only works if you start out from CAS, it won't work if the family is being imported at the map screen
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers. It's not the end of the world though the extra steps are annoying and the eviction music makes me feel guilty but what can ya do :neutral:
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 960 Member
    How can I put Sims from the gallery into the world this way? As I said I don't want to micromanage and put them all in houses. I just want them in the world for my characters to interact with.

Visit community lots, then. Use the "find friends" option while children and teenagers are at school. That's two options of getting to know some of the sims not in world.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2019
    1. What does it mean when a household is "not currently in world"? Where are they? how do I get them into the world?
    2. How do I add households to the world while in "manage households"?
    3. Can I simply add them to the world without giving them a house and such? i don't want to micromanage everyone; I just want some friends to do stuff with. ((This is for SIms pulled from the gallery btw))

I appreciate any help given! I've been trying to get into Sims but it's been hard...maybe some familiar faces will make it better.

1. They don't live in any world but they still exist, as others mentioned, they walking about on other lots. How you get them into the world is by moving them on to a lot like you would with one of yours. that means selecting that family and selecting the move option in a new window.
    2. move a family on to a lot, then go into manage households and then create a new household for that family and move them into it, they won't be in the world any more.
    3. you can put them on an empty lot if you wish.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    You dont have to put gallery sims in a house and then evict them. Go to manage households. Select not in world. Select any townie you dont like, open them in cas and then add a sim from the gallery /library to that household. It will give you the option to merge or replace. Merge if you want both sims and replace if you want only the gallery sims. I usually save once I have done all the editing so if i want a new game, my gallery sims are ready in game.

It may move the households you worked on to my households. If you dont want that click the blueheart to send them back to other households.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I just take sims from the galley then place them on an empty lot then evict them and also unfavorite them in managed households; then they are still in game without having them take up space in my worlds.