Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does this happen when placing lots?!

I downloaded a nice house from the gallery and I saw the house is actually smaller than its lotsize, so it would fit perfectly on one of the smaller lots in town. I went to that lot, placed the house, got the message about the house being bigger than the lot (just because of a few trees that I did not care for anyway) so I clicked 'yes' to place the house anyway.

Now I got the option to move the house so the house itself fits exactly within the lot edges and the only yellow objects were some trees and bushes that are not connected to the house whatsoever. Then I place the house and this happens. I will share the original look of the house as well that worked fine on the original lot size:

original lot size (This is how the house supposed to look)
12-10-19-20-38-11.png

House on a smaller lot which still fits except for the backyard trees
12-10-19-20-19-01.png

I first thought I had to type in the cheat bb.moveobjects but that is not the issue. It seems the issue is the smaller lot and I do not understand why! I had this happen before. Why would the game tell me everything is in the green selected area and then still cut parts of the house.. I dont get it.

Comments

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    ** Just want to add in that it seems that when you place a lot it takes 2 grids off your limit zone. First of all, I do not get why there needs to be 2 grids when it always has been 1 grid on the edge that you can't build on. And second, why would the game then go off and tell you that your whole build is in the green selected zone, so 'safe' to be placed there. Pls developers, this seems like another mistake that needs to be fixed.

Anyone else who experiences this?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I haven't had that happen. It looks like the problem could be basement related, maybe a combo of basement with no ceiling + placing on a smaller lot. Sorry that's all I can think of.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    That's weird. I'd say try clearing the terrain on the lot separately first using the bulldozing feature. Make sure both bulldozing features are used, then try placing it. I suspect it might be a terrain issue.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    That's weird. I'd say try clearing the terrain on the lot separately first using the bulldozing feature. Make sure both bulldozing features are used, then try placing it. I suspect it might be a terrain issue.

I always clean everything out, so the terrain isnt the issue. But as I said, the whole green selection to give you a hint of what goes beyond the edge is off. It requires 2 grids instead of 1 which messes up a lot. About this particular house and the basement, I find it super annoying as there is no way I can place this house on a smaller lot even though it fits.

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@FurSimsOfficial did you check the basement and 1st floor height? Fix the height by building an empty basement room and an empty first floor room. Lots have a default height, even if you bulldoze the lot and you place a new one the default height can affect the building.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @FurSimsOfficial can you link the gallery link to this lot? Looks really nice
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    emere wrote: »
    @FurSimsOfficial did you check the basement and 1st floor height? Fix the height by building an empty basement room and an empty first floor room. Lots have a default height, even if you bulldoze the lot and you place a new one the default height can affect the building.

Hm if that was the issue, I would think this problem would happen on any lot, not just a smaller sized lot. And both wall heights are low.

There seems to be an issue with the limit of edges when placing a lot where it actually fits, but then the game decides that it doesn't somehow. I see the same where some fences or walls are cut off while they are not on the edge limit and then the same wall or fence on another side seems to have made it. Things just do not make sense when placing a lot.
    This basement thing seems to have some sort of relation with this issue as well.

EDIT: Ok the issue seems to be this, A house with a basement like this can never be placed on a smaller (than it's original) sized lot no matter if it fits or not. The problem lays here. I tested some stuff and this is what I found out.

I put the 20x30 house on a 64x64 lot, edited it even smaller, then placed it back on the original 20x30 lot and the same issue occurs, the basement is being removed. It seems the problem here is trying to move this type of house from a big lot onto a smaller one despite if it fits or not. Maybe someone else can try this as well with this house or a house with an open basement. This issue then needs a fix.

I tried it with a test house I just build on a 20x30 that is so small that it would fit on any other smaller lot and the same problem occurs here. Also the stairs are every time being removed together with the basement.

TEST.jpg

Then I tried to test it with a regular basement, so not one with an open ceiling and it ALSO does not transfer through, so it looks like no any type of basement transfers from a bigger to smaller lot..
    Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
  • Options
    @FurSimsOfficial can you link the gallery link to this lot? Looks really nice

Of course, here you go :)