Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires or Casters?

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2019
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    I only bought Vampires for the build and buy objects and found their world too dark and have never played them so my natural preference is for ROM as I love the world already and built and played it it but yet to go to the magic one. They are both worth having and I do find Vlad and Co. interesting characters to watch but avoid!
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @Hermitgirl BAHAHAHAHA! I loved your hex potion post. ROFL!!! That was a wonderful way to start my day. BAHAHAHAHA!

@Ayradyss Oh man, you make a valid point regarding the bat woohoo! I am a huge fan of that amorous activity. rofl
    tumblr_p2tpvfgdLI1vorh5do1_1280.jpg

@comicsforlife YES!!! I love me some aliens, they're so underrated!!! T_T It cracks me up when my aliens get abducted by their own kind, too. LOL
    tumblr_ppmgidZsKo1vorh5do3_r1_1280.png

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It's really fun to play this way @Ceres_Meiriona .. I hope everyone get's we are joking around. Next stop for me is bullying other life forms (in my game...).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited September 2019
    Vampires Always Vin
    [url="[img]https://i.imgur.com/bC4Y3dD.png[/img]"]bC4Y3dD.png[/url]

Oh gee someone cast Influence Emotions and a Sage had a heart attack. He's not even a full vampire, he's a mer/vamp hybrid. Imagine being a powerful sage and dying to a hybrid.

Now to distract all those pesky mages so no one dedeathifies him D:

[url="[img]https://i.imgur.com/WSNQ1W9.png[/img]"]WSNQ1W9.png[/url] Having Immortality didn't save Morgyn. I didn't mean to do this one lol so my girl will be bringing him back.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh the shame of it! @CelSims that's great :). Who's crying?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Vampires Always Vin
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Oh the shame of it! @CelSims that's great :). Who's crying?

That's Adon, my mervamp, pretending to be upset. He's got the evil trait so that's definately acting.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    edited September 2019
    Vampires Always Vin
    CelSims wrote: »
    [url="[img]https://i.imgur.com/bC4Y3dD.png[/img]"]bC4Y3dD.png[/url]

Oh gee someone cast Influence Emotions and a Sage had a heart attack. He's not even a full vampire, he's a mer/vamp hybrid. Imagine being a powerful sage and dying to a hybrid.

Now to distract all those pesky mages so no one dedeathifies him D:

[url="[img]https://i.imgur.com/WSNQ1W9.png[/img]"]WSNQ1W9.png[/url] Having Immortality didn't save Morgyn. I didn't mean to do this one lol so my girl will be bringing him back.

Well, if you didn't do it, I would have. 😈😂
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I like how all the votes are for Casters yet all the comments are for vampires.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    Vampires Always Vin
    The vampire gamepack is honestly what got me hooked on vampires in the first place. So of course I'm going with vampires. They're awesome.

Casters are cool too, but I prefer the challenge of playing with vampires. Always making sure they're indoors. Making sure they've fed. Keeping their different quirks in mind; like how some won't mind drinking from people unprompted, while others will feel extremely guilty about it so they need other ways of getting blood instead.

Plus, I don't need to worry about them dying from old age. They can hang around for generations! I could play another household for a while, with the world aging turned on, and I feel safe knowing the vampires won't be leaving me.

The whole immortality thing is just really fun in general, as I'll usually try to figure out just how old they are, their experiences, all that stuff!

Also, they can turn into bats. And they may have their own form of dark magic!

I just like them a lot.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    The vampire gamepack is honestly what got me hooked on vampires in the first place. So of course I'm going with vampires. They're awesome.

Casters are cool too, but I prefer the challenge of playing with vampires. Plus, I don't need to worry about them dying from old age. They can hang around for generations. They can turn into bats. They have their own form of dark magic. I like them a lot.

Um... I can drink an immortality potion bub don't say that only vampires can become immortal without turning aging off
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2019
    Glad to see the spellcasters are still ahead of the race <3
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Airakale wrote: »
    I like Magic for everyone like TS1 style but as an occult only? Meh... Really there’s nothing to do if you don’t have any sim in the save you wanted to be a spellcaster. I mean at least if you don’t play a vampire sim you can always go for a vampire hunter but I guess witch hunt is of limit...

Besides there aren’t much spellcaster can do while a vampire scientist can’t. Create a fire? Maybe, but who need that when as a vampire you can directly kill!

You can't kill anyone without mods going ludicrously out of your way or accidents
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I can tell you’re hoping everyone chooses RoM just based on the disclaimers added in your OP.

Just cuz I said I'm asking for opinions on the lifestate and not you bought Realm for decorations I'm biased towards magic? I enjoy both Vampires and Casters but all my life I've enjoyed magic the most

No you actually can as a vampire or a mermaid. Vampire can deprive hunger need or emit aura of anger/embarrassment/playfulness, the latter never fail to kill a bunch of Sims present. Mermaid can use call for sea danger and siren’s call which have chance to drown the victim (as mermaids actually gain 100 of all need during the process of siren’s call, it almost suggest that they consume the victim much like how the GF pond death worked).

As for Spellcasters? Sadly their little fire and electric shock are nothing but harmless pranks.
  • Options
    I like Magic for everyone like TS1 style but as an occult only? Meh... Really there’s nothing to do if you don’t have any sim in the save you wanted to be a spellcaster. I mean at least if you don’t play a vampire sim you can always go for a vampire hunter but I guess witch hunt is of limit...

Besides there aren’t much spellcaster can do while a vampire scientist can’t. Create a fire? Maybe, but who need that when as a vampire you can directly kill!

You can't kill anyone without mods going ludicrously out of your way or accidents
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I can tell you’re hoping everyone chooses RoM just based on the disclaimers added in your OP.

Just cuz I said I'm asking for opinions on the lifestate and not you bought Realm for decorations I'm biased towards magic? I enjoy both Vampires and Casters but all my life I've enjoyed magic the most

No you actually can as a vampire or a mermaid. Vampire can deprive hunger need or emit aura of anger/embarrassment/playfulness, the latter never fail to kill a bunch of Sims present. Mermaid can use call for sea danger and siren’s call which have chance to drown the victim (as mermaids actually gain 100 of all need during the process of siren’s call, it almost suggest that they consume the victim much like how the GF pond death worked).

As for Spellcasters? Sadly their little fire and electric shock are nothing but harmless pranks.

Yeah when vampies start spamming emotions, they can most definitely kill sims xD I'll give them that, it's pretty cool.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    Vampires Always Vin
    Magdaleena wrote: »

Casters are cool too, but I prefer the challenge of playing with vampires. Plus, I don't need to worry about them dying from old age. They can hang around for generations. They can turn into bats. They have their own form of dark magic. I like them a lot.

Um... I can drink an immortality potion bub don't say that only vampires can become immortal without turning aging off

But casters will still age and grow old, unless they keep using the revitalizing potion. Like yeah! It absolutely suits their old wizard archetype. I would definitely try to make Morgyn immortal and edit him in CAS when he gets old and crumbly in my game. He needs to stay, I like him.

I still prefer vampires. They're more monster-like. I like their whole bat motif. It's fun.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Ve do not speak like vis
    Can a caster influence emotions? Can they try to make the party better than ever only to misclick and accidentally cause mass death? Do they make cannibalism look cool? Nah, casters are alright, but they're still mortal unlike vampires who are literally immune to most ways die in this game for some reason.

But seriously I like casters alot more this time around and like vampires they got upgraded in Sims 4. Seeing how the witches in Sims 3 were just annoying to level up and the process was very tedious to say the least. Though I admit they had cool spells and would hex or bless (why does that sound like the witch equivalent of woohoo or pass) other sims autonomously making them something to dread or valuable friends, they still aren't as cool as a vampire.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @Hermitgirl We haven't received a moderator smack down yet, so I think everyone gets that it's all in good fun. At least, I hope so! hahaha You never really know on these forums, though! LOL

@CelSims Awesome screenshots and that is one finely sculpted evil vampire you have in the background of your screenshots!
    Hello, Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome... though... I'm not so sure about those shorts. :D

Seriously, though, these spell casters seem to have no natural protection against vampiric powers... so while I'm certainly pro caster... unless the caster sees the vampire coming... they have no protection against vampires outside of garlic. I suppose the best defense is a good offense! Though, in my game, I prefer my vampires and casters focus their energy in the pursuit of more... cooperative... efforts. ;) Well, at least when it comes to these two. lol
    tumblr_pxqq6herPV1vorh5do1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxqq6herPV1vorh5do8_1280.jpg

tumblr_pxqq6herPV1vorh5do2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Vampris wrote: »
    Ve do not speak like vis
    Can a caster influence emotions? Can they try to make the party better than ever only to misclick and accidentally cause mass death? Do they make cannibalism look cool? Nah, casters are alright, but they're still mortal unlike vampires who are literally immune to most ways die in this game for some reason.

But seriously I like casters alot more this time around and like vampires they got upgraded in Sims 4. Seeing how the witches in Sims 3 were just annoying to level up and the process was very tedious to say the least. Though I admit they had cool spells and would hex or bless (why does that sound like the witch equivalent of woohoo or pass) other sims autonomously making them something to dread or valuable friends, they still aren't as cool as a vampire.

Mischief has like 3 spells to manipulate emotions hex you to be ugly AND have several emotional potions.
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    edited September 2019
    My dudes, my dudes, we’re all pretty.

(#cant resist that megamind reference)

But come on now. Obviously casters have the upper hand. For one, we can walk out in daylight! And can summon beings from the void to protect us from death itself. Can you taunt death to his face as your adorable magic toad with fairy wings and it’s tongue sticking out revives you? Can you have a glorpy lil’ fairy frog smile doofily at Death as it usurps his power?

No, no you can’t.

Sure yes, you don’t need potions to keep yourself looking young. I get it! But really wouldn’t you rather go ‘neener neener’ to ol’ Grim?

LfEiTWEw_200x200.png

Behold, the face of true power.
  • Options
    ToyGunGunToyGunGun Posts: 9 New Member
    Casters easily. Vampires are so tiring to care for. And somewhat expensive too if I want an easy blood supply.
  • Options
    My dudes, my dudes, we’re all pretty.

(#cant resist that megamind reference)

But come on now. Obviously casters have the upper hand. For one, we can walk out in daylight! And can summon beings from the void to protect us from death itself. Can you taunt death to his face as your adorable magic toad with fairy wings and it’s tongue sticking out revives you? Can you have a glorpy lil’ fairy frog smile doofily at Death as it usurps his power?

No, no you can’t.

Sure yes, you don’t need potions to keep yourself looking young. I get it! But really wouldn’t you rather go ‘neener neener’ to ol’ Grim?

LfEiTWEw_200x200.png

I named him Derps I am not kidding
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Vampires Always Vin

Of course. We're outstanding conversationalists. Being hundreds of years old gives one a lot to talk about.
  • Options
    Vampires Always Vin
    @Ceres_Meiriona He loves those shorts, reminds him of his Sulani side of the family and even though he's now in Forgotten Hollow he's still half mer. He's generation 30 somethingIdontevenknowanymore of my legacy.

His son just hit teen and I can't say I'm disappointed [url="[img]https://i.imgur.com/DPB6V2R.png[/img]"]DPB6V2R.png[/url]

He was born human and ran off at the weekend to the Magic Realm. Came back knowing a couple spells. Trying to hide it from mom and dad for now....

And is that a redo of Caleb in your shots? Wew he looks amazing!
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Of course. We're outstanding conversationalists. Being hundreds of years old gives one a lot to talk about.

Aka ... bored to death?
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    Mischief has like 3 spells to manipulate emotions hex you to be ugly AND have several emotional potions.
    Huh didn't know that, but you still can't cause mass death and be a cool creature of the night

LfEiTWEw_200x200.png

I already do that when he comes for my walking plasmapacks that have gotten too old, but for that thing.....such corruption, make me look on it no more
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    Vampires Always Vin
    It just occurred to me that mermaids wasn't even an option. Which says everything anybody needs to know about mermaids :/