Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - September

Comments

• Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Love the stairs and hijabs!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    About to head into an obstetrical appointment, but hopefully I'll get to watch a little bit while we're waiting.

Congratulations on te upcoming arrival - unless you're actually the doctor. :)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    GUYS!!!! Those stairssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I don't know why this took so long....feels like it should have shipped with the game. But I'm happy it's here now, and gladly builders were shown some love with this patch.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    My office building is so gonna get new stairs <3 question - when is the update? Today or later this week?

Thursday

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I missed it! Will they have a replay option soon?
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Stairsssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    That was great. Smiling ear to ear about all this awesomeness.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I missed the beginning of the live stream. When are we getting this awesome update? The stairs look fantastic but I still miss spiral staircases.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,127 Member
    edited September 2019
    BUILDERS REJOICE STAIRS ARE COMING
    i got so many builds to do
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    So... what did you like most? :)

For anyone who missed the livestream, you can watch it again here!:
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    @EA_Mai, thanks for the heads up! I'm always confused about what's going on when, but hey, anniversary content is exciting too! :-)
    ;) >> https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965423/september-dates-and-events-to-remember/
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Don't take my word for it but weren't the pre-pack patches always the day before the stream, so Thursday this week?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    My mouth dropped when I saw the hijab. Very nice. And the stairs! Amazing how it functions.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    I'll be playing with the new stairs a lot this weekend while waiting for RoM. Might need to re-do a few of my remodels, plus I have a build idea that the new stair mechanics will work perfect. And I'm so excited to see the hijabi and other cultural wear -- I've looked at CC but I'm holding off on CAS CC till after Sims 4 is done. Can't wait to see all the colors, and the builds that are going to be inspired by the new Build Mode features.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member
    I like the new build mode items best, I think. But I am definitely eager to try the stairs.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    So... what did you like most? :)

For anyone who missed the livestream, you can watch it again here!:
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    @EA_Mai, thanks for the heads up! I'm always confused about what's going on when, but hey, anniversary content is exciting too! :-)
    ;) >> https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965423/september-dates-and-events-to-remember/

Thank you!!! I appreciate you reposting this, I wanted to see it so bad! Thanks EAMai
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I don't know why this took so long....feels like it should have shipped with the game. But I'm happy it's here now, and gladly builders were shown some love with this patch.

In TS3, you needed like four cheats and a massive amount of shenanigans to shape stairs - and had to keep some space around them. TS4 stairs became more flexible with the way foundations work in TS4, more so with the terrain tools patch. This makes TS4 stairs way more dynamic than TS3 ever was - and without a single cheat used.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    I have to admit that I am not a fan of the gnomes. Those things annoyed me so much in Sims 3.

They're pretty innocuous in Sims 4 unless you use the Holiday Gnomes tradition (Seasons) -- one experience and I turned them off (though if I do another gardening Sim getting all those free seeds can be helpful).

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,284 Member

In TS3, you needed like four cheats and a massive amount of shenanigans to shape stairs - and had to keep some space around them. TS4 stairs became more flexible with the way foundations work in TS4, more so with the terrain tools patch. This makes TS4 stairs way more dynamic than TS3 ever was - and without a single cheat used.

Can't we just enjoy the new content without comparisons to previous games. 😊
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    I think I may have scared my cats when I saw the stairs update...
    Oh, and the middle eastern stuff is cool too...
    but STAIRS!!!!!
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I think I may have scared my cats when I saw the stairs update...
    Oh, and the middle eastern stuff is cool too...
    but STAIRS!!!!!

LOL, my cat wasn't impressed either. :D
  • Options

I figure it had something to do with routing issues, maybe even related a bit to the terrain tools. Some of the little pull widgets look like the ones for adjusting foundations.

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,053 Member
    • Love the gnome pedestal. Especially once RoM comes out, and I can pretend it's one of my spellcaster sims' servants. They should do more with the gnomes in this game. They're iconic.
    • Finally, hijabs, I've been wanting these since Sims 2. I don't usually have IRL religion in my games (outside of sims versions of real religious holidays), but they might be useful for sim religions. Plus they make for a good aesthetic. Now I can make babushka ladies. Though seriously, it's good to see them giving us more headwear besides hats. Here's hoping for ribbons, sweatbands, crowns and headbands in the future.
    • The new architecture is great, too. I don't see myself using it much though, since it doesn't go with most of the neighborhoods. Now if only we had a vacation world with this architecture.
    • I'm too dumb to make L-shaped stairs work, but these can be super fun.
    • Oh wait, MC Escher house. I didn't know I wanted this, but I do.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member
    I have to admit that I am not a fan of the gnomes. Those things annoyed me so much in Sims 3.

They're pretty innocuous in Sims 4 unless you use the Holiday Gnomes tradition (Seasons) -- one experience and I turned them off (though if I do another gardening Sim getting all those free seeds can be helpful).

I turn off the holiday gnomes tradition every time, I have to admit.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    I'm really surprised by the stairs. Didn't expect at all them being so well done!
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE