Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can your sims wade in other worlds since the Today's Patch?

I don't even get that option in Magnolia Promanade since updating. That is were sims can wade waist high in the water.

Comments

• Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    No.I guess they disabled that option :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Looks like I'm not the only one. Wish they wouldn't have disabled it.
  • Options
    Looks like I'm not the only one. Wish they wouldn't have disabled it but swimming will probably be added later.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Well that sux, patches supposed to fix bugs, not create new ones or existing ones and or disable wading in the ocean in other worlds. Can EA ever get it right for once?.
  • Options
    Well that sux, patches supposed to fix bugs, not create new ones or existing ones and or disable wading in the ocean in other worlds. Can EA ever get it right for once?.

Try it and see if you can get it to work. I've asked Iron Seagull and Pixelade on Twitter to check as well. I don't know if Maxis meant to leave it in.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    When they were wading, did the Sims appear to have “wading animations” or were they just walking in there? @catloverplayer
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Hestia wrote: »
    When they were wading, did the Sims appear to have “wading animations” or were they just walking in there? @catloverplayer

Walking or standing. Magnolia Promonade had water waist high. The others ankle. You could even wade in Granite Falls.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    It is disabled!?!?! What!?!? Noo I loved that :cry: but at least we knoe they will open the waters for swimming.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Now I regret updating right away. I will have to check in my game but it feels unfair to take this option away.
    It is disabled!?!?! What!?!? Noo I loved that :cry: but at least we knoe they will open the waters for swimming.

They will open water for swimming? I did not read that yet. Can you please link to the announcement? It feels to good to be true.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I think the wading in other worlds actually was a bug. If I recall my testing, sims did not even change outfit before wading into the water, looked a bit weird.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I think the wading in other worlds actually was a bug. If I recall my testing, sims did not even change outfit before wading into the water, looked a bit weird.

Even if it was a bug, the guru's should have noted people liked it. Not as much as proper swimming of course but better than nothing. If you just look at all the screenshots made with sims standing in water in other worlds . If it really was a bug it is a shame they spent time deleting a bug people perceived to be a feature instead of the numerous other bugs.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Now I an starting to think think that perhaps it wasn't intentional and they wont be allowing us to dive in the oceans. Sad
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I never knew it was possible. I hope it comes back.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.